Condition damage - Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Hello everyone. Been playing all the day against condition users..and I’ m too a condition user.

You don’ t want to die versus conditions? Quit crying and learn to use countermeasures like :

1) superior rune of melandru
2) -40% condition duration food buff

Please Anet after years It’ a pleasure playing ranger . It has finally arrived where it deserves to stay. Please don’ t listen all the lazy kids who want to deal super phisical damage and in the meantime not wanting to trait for condi removal.

Learn to use condi removals and quit saying conditions are op

Anet we condi players have faith in you. You are a fair company. Phisical damage players ( thieves warriors above all ) had their ingame life too easy. Now please make them all wake up and accept that conditions can have their great spot in this game too

(edited by Darkness.9732)

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

Thank you for making the non condition heavy classes crappy now. You guys went way overboard with the damage. Boost base damage or nerf it to make it somewhat fair.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

direct damage has had it’s time. time for condi to shine.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Odd since bleed wasn’t buffed…

maybe you are talking about the extra 4 traits all classes get? or the gear boost on power gear? or the boon spam that is now everywhere?

I will concede that burning is completely over the top, but the other conditions were either not buffed at all, or only buffed a little.

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Lol love this Threads
Condi are now in a really good spot but Berserk builds still viable.
Pls l2p and dont troll so much dudes

xBrutalityx.3507

As a Mesmer I am now the weakest class thank you so much anet

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

conditions have basically been nerfed into obscurity since launch. we finally have a chance to match the crit builds, to be welcome in dungeons, and to contribute to world bosses.

please don’t take that away from us.

Legiion.7385

I think too it’s not overpowert.
True burning is strong but i love it

xBrutalityx.3507

to match the crit builds? condition damage completey dominates crit builds right now.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Conditions mostly seem OP at the moment because every spec across the board got buffed, but everyone is using conditions right now because they’re new. Let things settle down, then we’ll be at a more even split between conditions and damage.

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

No, direct damage should ALWAYS be the main way to inflict damage. Conditions should just be a little extra.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

No, direct damage should ALWAYS be the main way to inflict damage. Conditions should just be a little extra.

Why? I’m interested in why you think half the damage in the game shouldn’t be useful.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Why? I’m interested in why you think half the damage in the game shouldn’t be useful.

I am intrested to since this mostly affect pve… you know you got condie cleanse that you can use to take away these right and then they do as little as 1/10 of their damage to you… What do others have that soak as much from a powerbuild?

Legiion.7385

Wow, direct dmg is still good and why it should be a little extra?
Since the patch we can make really dmg with conditions
,i dont unterstand why u think so.
Condi and krit are now on the right spot
Btw u can clear all conditions to escape the dmg, trat dienst work with direkt dmg

Posted by: Issac Ursaga.2947

Issac Ursaga.2947

Not entirely sure if this guy is trolling, or just doesn’t understand his class

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You appear to have difficulty understanding the difference between subjective opinion and objective fact.

In many cases, skills are designed around condition damage, with direct damage being a small, added bonus.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

I’ll laugh if bosses suddenly start using convert-condition-to-boons skills.

Linken.6345

I’ll laugh if bosses suddenly start using convert-condition-to-boons skills.

Guess we just have to use coorupt/strip boons then no biggy

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Thank you for making the non condition heavy classes crappy now. You guys went way overboard with the damage. Boost base damage or nerf it to make it somewhat fair.

Shut up you have no idea what you are talking about.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

In my first game conditions were a joke. Only time they mattered was when the one class with decent condi damage faced the tanking class. All other matches, condi skills were pretty much pointless. Moved to GW2 and loved how condies actually mattered. Was so cool to see monsters just melt from conditions.

Anyways, this kinda sounds like griping that the “holy combat trinity” is absolutely necessary. Not the guys who just say they like it because they’re used to it. Those guys aren’t trying to force others into what they’re used to.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

The only thing that needs to take a hit to the face is burning, the amount of “moar damage” it has over bleed is bullkitten. twice as much dmg as bleed, fine, but OVER FOUR TIMES? Also it is mostly the engi spamming high condition stacks in under 5 seconds. Or you spamming a lot of weak conditions on a necro only to have them transferred back and then some.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Not op, are you kidding me? I have recorded futage of a condi ranger laying one trap and the first tick of the 5-7 applied conditions doing 14k dmg to thieves and in addition to that, we encountered a condi mesmer who single handedly destroyed a tank necro (with activation of a full death shroud) within 3 seconds.
I’m taking over 1k dmg from just 2-3 stacks of burn, which takes about nothing to apply.
Furthermore the argument that we have condi clense is somewhat pathetic, because of the fact, that as soon as you cleansed they’re back in a few seconds, so you just wasted 1-3 skills and all that gave you was a longer death, congratulations.
In addition it is kinda unfair that mist condi players only need to run away and apply the condis, due to their high tankyness you have no chance of killing them and you almost instadie to his condies. It’s a joke in its current state and takes NO skill whatsoever to play condi.
No one cares about pve, you can leave it like that for pve, but bring it back to the pre patch state maybe a little bit better for both pvp and wvw, or you’ll see either condi only all the time or just a huge number of players leave guild wars.
This is not an objective opinion but a neutral fact which I can prove, as I said with recorded gameplay.
Arenanet pls balance the game!

Darkness.9732

Learn to use counterbuilds versus condition damage dealers.
I give you a tip : Superior rune of melandru.

Linken.6345

or a shout build with runes of the trooper

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

The only condition that really needs to be looked at right now is burning. And even there it would be better to have a look at the amount of stacks some classes can build up and not just nerf the damage across all classes.

I fear however that because of all those people who shout “nerf” on sight of a mechanic they can’t deal with, ANet will probably overnerf condis across the board until they are useless again… It wouldn’t be the first time.

Posted by: OwikGall.1607

OwikGall.1607

Honestly, I wouldn’t give a Jean Claude van-dame if it was OP. They nerfed tanking. My one pride and joy, even though many would agree it’s pointless, it was still my pride and joy. The way condis works right now just made these PvE areas a little more tolerable. So, I’m good keeping things the way they are.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I guess stacking to 1500 isn’t a “Buff” for bleeding

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Tell me the class that stacks bleeds that high on their own please? Because I’m pretty sure this is only a buff in PvE. I’m not even sure the condition-cap is even increased in sPvP.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

DHawk.2687

Tell me the class that stacks bleeds that high on their own please? Because I’m pretty sure this is only a buff in PvE. I’m not even sure the condition-cap is even increased in sPvP.

His point is that just the fact that condi is basically stackable unlimited it is a buff no matter what

Rayti.6531

His point is that just the fact that condi is basically stackable unlimited it is a buff no matter what

I wouldn’t call it a buff but finally making conditions work and not negating all dmg that comes from the people who apply bleeding after stack number 25…

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

that is a fix condis were never suppose to stop doing damage its just too stressing
on their servers

DHawk.2687

I wouldn’t call it a buff but finally making conditions work and not negating all dmg that comes from the people who apply bleeding after stack number 25…

That’s true, but that should only be on the pve side, wvw and pvp is totally unbalanced since 2 shots of a condi engi can kill you if you don’t get rid of the condies asap
The problem is that you cannot really counter a condi build atm, because if you don’t use all your removes instantly you die, and after using all of them the condies will be re-applied anyhow and you die, since condies only need to run/Kyle/mostly run away and since they mostly have high tankyness you cannot kill them as raw dmg dealer alone
It took 3 thieves using a backstab with 3k power and 230% crit dmg at 100% crit rate to get a condi ranger half health, but 1 of his traps deals 10K dmg with the first tick of the condis
No this is not made up or anything of such sort, I have it recorded if ppl don’t believe me
The only way to counter a condi is to play a stronger condi or to have him totally oblivious to what’s happening
And that just simply isn’t any balance at all

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

welcome to the new meta. Please wait at least 2 months before complaining about said meta, so everyone has a chance to just spec into it.

Then proceed to watch as this meta gets nerfed or another set of stats buffed so a new meta takes its place, and thus letting the cycle continue.

I’m hoping for power, toughness, vitality really…

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

Learn how to play your class first. I’m a mesmer and I can’t be more happier about this patch.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

that is a fix condis were never suppose to stop doing damage its just too stressing
on their servers

It’s still a buff for bleeding. World bosses getting killed in seconds isn’t a “fix”, WvW being completely unplayable isn’t a “fix”. Even in PVP now that you can stack burning, poison and bleeding it’s completely crazy. Sure they “fixed” conditions from multiple players overwriting but the cap is way way too high and when multiple players apply their conditions it gets broken

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

welcome to the new meta. Please wait at least 2 months before complaining about said meta, so everyone has a chance to just spec into it.

That was the meta in wvw for so long and those toxic players would tell rangers and condi players to uinstall now let us rangers have our fun

Rayti.6531

That’s true, but that should only be on the pve side, wvw and pvp is totally unbalanced since 2 shots of a condi engi can kill you if you don’t get rid of the condies asap
The problem is that you cannot really counter a condi build atm, because if you don’t use all your removes instantly you die, and after using all of them the condies will be re-applied anyhow and you die, since condies only need to run/Kyle/mostly run away and since they mostly have high tankyness you cannot kill them as raw dmg dealer alone
It took 3 thieves using a backstab with 3k power and 230% crit dmg at 100% crit rate to get a condi ranger half health, but 1 of his traps deals 10K dmg with the first tick of the condis
No this is not made up or anything of such sort, I have it recorded if ppl don’t believe me
The only way to counter a condi is to play a stronger condi or to have him totally oblivious to what’s happening

That’s why I think it’s not the dmg itself that needs to be nerfed, but the amount of stacks certain classes can apply (on their own, not talking about the 1500 cap), and the frequency of it.

Nerfing dmg would not change a thing, except that a few more stacks will be needed to do the job. And since everyone and their granny can apply some kind of conditions… You will get those stacks and still die just as fast.

I still don’t see why direct dmg builds even apply conditions. It would make much more sense to only apply them when you specifically spec for it…

DHawk.2687

That was the meta in wvw for so long and those toxic players would tell rangers and condi players to uinstall now let us rangers have our fun

You mean lay a trap and run away, yeah now ain’t that skill

DHawk.2687

That’s why I think it’s not the dmg itself that needs to be nerfed, but the amount of stacks certain classes can apply (on their own, not talking about the 1500 cap), and the frequency of it.

Nerfing dmg would not change a thing, except that a few more stacks will be needed to do the job. And since everyone and their granny can apply some kind of conditions… You will get those stacks and still die just as fast.

I still don’t see why direct dmg builds even apply conditions. It would make much more sense to only apply them when you specifically spec for it…

Yes exactly
And what you describe is simply but the reason why a condition remove is somewhat useless, because the condi are back within 1 or 2 sec

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Move more of the conditions to crit based condition procs. This makes Dire weaker and Sinister stronger so that condi builds need to give up some durability to get extreme damage.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

And then comes the complaint from:
“whaa,whaa, condi’s are for noobs,whaa,whaa, skilless passive condi specs whaa, whaa!”

EverythingOP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Better choice I guess than what we currently have.

Stella Truth Seeker

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yeah, cause there’s plenty of condi removals, right? And anet didn’t just nerf condi removal either – it’s so easy to counter conditions and already has been before this patch.
Come on, be realistic.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I am so sorry, but the berserker’s outnumber you all 1000 to 1. Guess who ANET is going to listen to?

Darkness.9732

I am so sorry, but the berserker’s outnumber you all 1000 to 1. Guess who ANET is going to listen to?

Anet is a fair company. I have faith in them and they will listen the condi players too like the phisical users

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

1)There are no foods in sPVP.
2)The 24% from Melandru will not help you given the speed of application.

There are ways to counter condi, but food and runes alone won’t do it.

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

nice troll from a lazy class with a lazy build. huehuehuehuehue

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Anet is a fair company. I have faith in them and they will listen the condi players too like the phisical users

Since when ANET is a fair company? Since GW1? Their treatment of ELEs is just one prove they don’t treat anything equally. So far, I have never seen any fair treatment from ANET the so-called fair company.

Darkness.9732

Since when ANET is a fair company? Since GW1? Their treatment of ELEs is just one prove they don’t treat anything equally. So far, I have never seen any fair treatment from ANET the so-called fair company.

Lol

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Just do the math to create build diversity and counterplay. I can see they tried …