Condition this condition that....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Condition here condition there…..

Can we finaly move away from this Condi BS ?! Seriously…

i wasnt in the Beta was busy doing the entire season 3…

but i heard that even the MOBS on the new expansion are tunned for Condi dmg and Power feels weak and hits like a wet noodle on Mobs compared to condi…
is that true ? i don’t know if thats true or not….

But can we globaly start nerfing conditions ? or start bringing up the power builds ?

Or something ?

we are at a point where almost every single class meta build is Condi……. let it be PvE or PvP…..

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I played the preview and didn’t feel like my power ele hit like a wet noodle.

Still, I would also prefer power builds being the standard dps builds and condi being more of a niche. The perfect scenario would be if there are cases where power shines and cases where condi shines. Currently we have cases where condi shines and then we have cases where power sucks. That’s bad balance imo.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Rodrick.1942

Rodrick.1942

Remember they said they “rework the entire condition damage calculation system” before ? just 1~2 years ago , since that the direction of this game become “condi only” . i was hoping they’ll make a place for both power and condition build player, but it seems like in the future. we can only deal damage by applying all condition skill we have to mobs/boss.

The funny thing is they surely nerf condition food/utility item , but instead they enhance the trait of most class to make sure their condition damage output will not drop too much. (Actually condi warrior get damage buffed) ; Look at power side , they did something to make sure it will never come back again.

But truth be told , the last balance patch they did make me feel like they cheat my money. We bought HOT expansion for its content , including elite spec. and now they screw up the elite spec so we might want to buy POF , to “fix our feeling”.

This is insane, each content of expansion should be isolated. its “A PRODUCT” , u cant nerf(or broke) my old air-conditioner then tell me to buy the new one (you’ll like it again). Even Microsoft never broke the feature of windows xp to force people change to windows 7, 8 or 10 (they just stop the security and bug-fix maintain service). Some people like me still will upgrade to windows 10 because they did very good job , and i like this new operation system.

Path of fire is the other expansion of gw2 , both HOT and POF has many awesome feature , but if u make one of them become bad to increase the sales performance of the other one. Well , its not wrong , its just a dishonest action which will drive people out.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Remember when the game was “zerker or gtfo”. Remember when condi was laughably bad. It’s very poetic.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

It makes me laugh that people think ANet intentionally makes things a certain way to upset them.

Just go with the meta, as the pro players say.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Played a glass core power ranger for the beta and starting with good ol’ black jag and sand lion (when i found it); was ripping through those mobs pretty handily. In fact, I’ve been using a few power builds lately, mostly core (core mesmer, core ranger, core guardian, berserker war tho) and they are quite adaquate for just the PoF open world content.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I doubt the new expansion will be built around condition damage, as many of the new elite specs do not seem like they have a strong focus on condition-only…

But I suppose the upcoming weekend will reveal more details on that.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

but i heard that even the MOBS on the new expansion are tunned for Condi dmg and Power feels weak and hits like a wet noodle on Mobs compared to condi…

Not sure if this is some kind of troll. I played Guardian through the beta with Berserker stats and ripped through large groups of enemies with ease and solo killed some of the bounty champions. I didn’t find any foes in PoF so far that act like HoT husks and are deliberately tuned to be weaker to conditions.

Are these reports you’re getting maybe coming from players who tried to fight some of the bounty bosses which, when affected by certain mob traits, require you to be within a certain range to deal damage, and are assuming their experience applies to all foes? If so, that is not the case.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Remember when the game was “zerker or gtfo”. Remember when condi was laughably bad. It’s very poetic.

Not really. It’s just as bad.

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

I played the preview and didn’t feel like my power ele hit like a wet noodle.

Still, I would also prefer power builds being the standard dps builds and condi being more of a niche. The perfect scenario would be if there are cases where power shines and cases where condi shines. Currently we have cases where condi shines and then we have cases where power sucks. That’s bad balance imo.

I’d love to see more enemies like Mordrem Husks — enemies who are especially vulnerable to condi damage by having a low health pool but high armor.

Would be nice to see the alternative: enemies with a very high health pool but little armor. Condi damage would be less effective here, but oh man would it be satisfying to see inflated direct damage numbers.

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

For all it’s worth, here’s my experience.

Started with core power warrior, pretty much the build I played through HoT and later LS (never took to Berserker in solo PvE). Marauder exo instead of ascended zerker (because that was what I got at start and I’m lazy), but that’s all the difference there was. I did less damage than I was used to, but still had some fun fights, most real difficulty came from not knowing tells and new mob skills. Overall it felt nicely balanced.

Then, just for kicks, I opened some armor box and switched to makeshift Berserker condi build using sword/torch and viper stats – and most difficulty went poof. It felt hilarious tbh, I could basically press buttons at random and run around the map watching things drop. Felt more Diablo3 than GW. The funny part is, this was my first time using condi warrior build in any game format. Still felt stupidly OP compared to standard power build I’ve been using for 2 years.

So, if this limited experience is to be trusted, power builds are still viable, but balance seems heavily skewed in condition user’s favor.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Not really. It’s just as bad.

No, you can play any build now, you could only play one build before.

For kitten’s sake, you people just got a patch that was a major, ground-breaking nerf to condi builds and you still want there to be less. All I ever see these days is “you didn’t do enough, do more”, but “more” always leads down a slippery slope that usually ends up at “remove it” because there’s no satisfaction.

For the record I played beta with the default Marauder gear, which isn’t even full DPS, on a GS Ranger and all the mobs died in 1-2 seconds to Maul.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Rikkagin.9472

Rikkagin.9472

OP how would YOU balance the game to make berzerker, and/or other builds, more or less equal to condi, without destroying condi? Which game mode do you think needs balancing?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

OP how would YOU balance the game to make berzerker, and/or other builds, more or less equal to condi, without destroying condi? Which game mode do you think needs balancing?

both PvP and PvE….

but the most glaring issue with condi is in PvP….

also ask that from the devs that gets paid for it… i aint doing their jobs… they don’t realy listen to any balance suggestion anyway until the forums not burn and even then we just get a band aid on most issues….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2