Conditions recently

Conditions recently

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Yes, this may sound like crying around and whatever. I just needed to say that out loud. With the start of GW2 conditions were a “nice to have”-thing while cutting the physical damage. Both were in great relation.
Now conditions are main damage in WvW for example. In PVE it doesnt matter at all, both fine. But having a full condi warrior jumping on you putting up 25 confusion stacks, bleeding and torment while only one of those would kill you alone, is really annoying. Its just unloading and kiting. Warrior is only an example, every class got that. When I try to remove condis, and have bleeding, cripple, chill, torment, invuln, and 25 stacks of confusion, 2 condis get removed: NOT confusion, the heck.
There have been some really nice WvW changes, and yes this might sound like grandma-talk but: back in the good old days it was better to fight condition builds.
I made a condi thief with dagger3 spam + perma dodging and kill almost everyone on the map with just 5hours playing thief, cmon, its too easy.
I know many people got a different opinion, just had the urge to state mine.
Thanks for reading.

Conditions recently

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

Back in “the good old days” conditions were useless. I don’t know what game you were playing, but no matter how much you wanted to use conditions anything besides blind and vulnerability, maybe weakness, were useless. No one used them and they were highly loomed down upon because the damage was pitiful compared to melee damage. If your problem is with wvw, there is a separate forum for that. But for the game in general, the updates to condition stacking were some of the best changes they made.

Conditions recently

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Yup. This cc system works better for pve, not pvp.

Anet is aware, they just need to act on it. Hopefully with the renewed effort for wvw this will be a priority to work on for pvp modes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Conditions recently

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I have to say that in PvE, it’s the Vanilla PvE, where conditions are still useless, since mobs die too fast and do pretty much nothing, it’s still ruled by the full berserker DPS builds with only passive defense.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Conditions recently

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Sounds like you aren’t built to counter conditions so someone took advantage of that.

Every class has access to multiple condition clears/heals, why are you only using one?

Were you using condition duration reduction food? Condition reduction runes? Condition reduction traits?

Remember not to panic when you see a lot of conditions. Condition players use “cover” conditions in hopes that you will spam your condition clear and clear the cover conditions not the main ones. Wait for the cover conditions to fall off before using your condition clear since they are short duration.

If you provide information on your class/build we can help you counter conditions better, but there are plenty of options out there. It sounds like you have a zerg/power build which is directly countered by a condition build.

Back in the “good old days” conditions did absolutely nothing so you could just laugh at a condition build until they died, which was not balance, it was just power builds were completely dominate. Now different builds have different strengths and weaknesses and you need to build to counter certain builds over other builds.

Conditions recently

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I have to say that in PvE, it’s the Vanilla PvE, where conditions are still useless, since mobs die too fast and do pretty much nothing, it’s still ruled by the full berserker DPS builds with only passive defense.

Not really. Most world boss take enough time to kill that condition is great, same with most mobs in HoT unless you zerg them. Again same with med to high fractal or of course Raid.

So the only place where what you are saying is true is in Vanilla Open world minus several of the world boss, in dungeon and in low fractal.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Conditions recently

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Sounds like you aren’t built to counter conditions so someone took advantage of that.

Every class has access to multiple condition clears/heals, why are you only using one?

Were you using condition duration reduction food? Condition reduction runes? Condition reduction traits?

Well, im playing powershiro Rev, so its kinda difficult. Going anti condi also means going mallyx which is condi aswell. I dont want to counter kitten build with cancer. Got the food and the runes, but since there are viper builds etc. its hard to sustain it.

Conditions recently

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

That’s the point of Opportunity Costs. To make building more interesting and part of the strategy. (That is also the problem with Rev: too limited choices)

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Conditions recently

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Get rid of dire perplexity and the problem is largely gone. It’s just this stat allocation and rune set that are totally game-breaking.

Conditions recently

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

front liners used to use skale venom consumables in wvw and it would literally win battles

not really related to this thread but yeah

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING