Confirm Deletion Requirements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Davin.5784

Davin.5784

Why must we confirm deletion on “Hall of Monuments Portal Stone” and Finishers, but not on Precursors? It seems extremely overkill to have it on a worthless, easily replaceable item like the portal stone, but not on some of the most expensive items in game.

gets ready for all the lols

Today, somehow, I accidentally salvaged the Leaf of Kudzu in my bags which is worth roughly 480-600g.

I’ve written a support ticket and can hopefully get it back and included the time it happened… but seriously, it shouldn’t be able to happen without typing the name in.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Feel bad for you, but ideally this should be the case for any and all unique items.
Guess its one incentive to change bag types though.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

all rare and above it asks if you are sure you want to delete.

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Precursor weapons shouldn’t be salvageable at the first place.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

yes, 100% true.

OP, you had a pop-up and you clicked Okay anyway.

Zero sympathy.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Davin.5784

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

Thank you for your sympathy lol… I had just done golem, fire ele, and maw. I was salvaging all of the rares that I got from them. I didn’t even realise it was in my bags until it was too late.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

Thank you for your sympathy lol… I had just done golem, fire ele, and maw. I was salvaging all of the rares that I got from them. I didn’t even realise it was in my bags until it was too late.

Leaf of Kudzu isnt a rare, it’s an exotic.

I never salvage anything orange until i look at it and check how much it’s worth on the tp. I recommend you do similar in future.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

Well, some people may not sympathize with you, but I do. It’s an easy enough mistake to make.

I don’t really think CS will help you, but I hope they do.

Davin.5784

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

Leaf of Kudzu isnt a rare, it’s an exotic.

I never salvage anything orange until i look at it and check how much it’s worth on the tp. I recommend you do similar in future.

I have the rarity turned on in my bags, but to be honest… when you have an exotic sitting in the middle of 5 or 6 other rares, you can’t tell the difference easily.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Be careful next time – if there is a next time getting a precursor.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Agreed; they should expand the “type the name of the item here” confirmation to more items. They should also add it to the mystic forge when you try to put a soulbound or account bound equipment piece into it, or at least make it so invisible bags don’t show up, so you don’t accidentally throw your weapons in it when trying to go for a precursor.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have read a few threads where people have contacted CS after salvaging (and other mishaps with) Precursors, and they have always been pleased with the results. I believe you will, as well.

Good luck. =)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Turn on you’re item rarity colours in your inventory, might prevent you from accidentally salvaging something important again.

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

I have read a few threads where people have contacted CS after salvaging (and other mishaps with) Precursors, and they have always been pleased with the results. I believe you will, as well.

Good luck. =)

Really? so they can replace salvaged precursors but can’t replace salvaged cash shop gear?I’ve seen plenty of cases (and I personally had one) where someone salvaged a piece of a cash shop armor and support said they can’t do it because they don’t have the “technology” to do it. Back in the day the Cash Shop armor skins didn’t even give you a confirmation window when salvaging btw.

If his request goes through I’m going to be very kittened off. Not because he got his legendary back mind you, but because of lack of transparency

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

if you have a legendary im sure you also know how to have Rare/exotic bags they help a lot for click happy people.

all my various gear that I use goes into to my bottom 2 “Safe Boxes” then next is my “Rare Eq” box

I get exotic drops so rarely I haven’t found a need to get an Exotic box yet.

turn on rarity color and get some system of boxes to help sort automatically and don’t be clicking so fast

Sincerly, Me.

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

Classy guy. It doesn’t take much not to be unpleasant all your life.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

The OP made a false claim, either through ignorance or to cover his own carelessness.

Davin.5784

GM Sheyla (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 19 17:46

Hello Davin,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

In most cases the support team is not able to replace individual items in situations of this nature. However, we were able to make an exception for you in this particular situation. Please be very careful because it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to provide another replacement like this for you in the future.

You will find the Leaf of Kudzu in your mailbox. If you do not see the mail, simply reduce the mailbox content to allow pending mails to drop into the box. Please be careful to remove the mailed item using the correct character.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted by: Vigorato.7951

Vigorato.7951

yes, 100% true.

Zero sympathy.

The OP made a false claim, either through ignorance or to cover his own carelessness.

Wrong. He was referring to items like limited-use finishers and HoM portal stones that require you to enter the item’s name to delete it, not the pop up you get when salvaging any rare or exoctic that just requires you to click yes.

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Well second support ticket sent. I lost a backpiece skin in the mystic forge when infusing an item (did not get a warning message, nothing). That skin was only obtainable once from achievements. How can it be that a precursor is replaced but not an account bound skin?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hello Davin,

In most cases the support team is not able to replace individual items in situations of this nature. However, we were able to make an exception for you in this particular situation. Please be very careful because it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to provide another replacement like this for you in the future.

You will find the Leaf of Kudzu in your mailbox. If you do not see the mail, simply reduce the mailbox content to allow pending mails to drop into the box. Please be careful to remove the mailed item using the correct character.

Glad to see it worked out for you, I was pretty sure it would. =)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Go to your inventory, on top-right, there’s a drop-down. Click it. Now click “show rarity”.

Now you have no excuse. You will see it’s orange, you won’t click on it.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

lol . . . .

But seriously you are not the first person with this issue.

It will be great if they add this confirm deletion.

+1

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Hello Davin,

Very cool

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I’m impressed that they replaced it, good on them and good for you, OP.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

I’m impressed that they replaced it, good on them and good for you, OP.

Its one of the things I love about ArenaNet. Mistakes like accidentally destroying a valuable item or getting hacked can ruin the game for someone, but they are nice enough to restore your items! So few game companies are willing to do that.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t believe the game actually distinguishes between precursors and normal exotics. So in order to add a deletion confirmation that required you to type the name of the item, they’d have to add it to all exotic items, which I don’t think would go over too well, what with Ascended crafting requiring you to salvage exotics in large quantities and such.

I could be mistaken or maybe I’m right but it could be something they could change, but…

Posted by: Deano.6345

Deano.6345

My Personal opinion- If you guys salvage a exotic (especially a Precursor). I think that its your own fault. There is clearly a confirmation given to if you want to salvage “x weapon”. Im not being a troll in any ways possible, however all the precursors i’ve obtained, you put that straight into the bank (as its so precious). I’m pretty sure everyone who has obtained good loot has stored them away unless otherwise used. I totally back up those who have lost their skins through crafting (infusion) as there is no notification to warn you that the backpack skin has been lost. I don’t see why precursors can be refunded (G worth in the game), against backpack (account) skins. Thanks~

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Ah that policy … I really wonder if they believe what they are saying. Reply from support regarding the lost account bound skin:

Thank you for getting back to us.

We see your point, however each restoration request is reviewed independently an we do need to follow our policies when it comes to item replacements.

We apologize, but we are not able to replace the item you want.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I am surprised they replaced this for you.
They have safeguards in place already to prevent this from happening and this was clearly your own fault of clicking and not paying attention and they still replaced it. Not many companies would do that.
They dont need to add any more safeguards for what you sell and salvage. You just need to slow down and pay attention to what you’re doing. Should count your blessings on this one that they were nice enough to replace it and be more mindful of what you’re doing in the future.

Posted by: Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Menzzo Berranzan.8379

I once sold Urgoz’s Longbow to a merchant for peanuts when it was worth a shedload.
I know your pain and you have my sympathy