Confusion dmg increased by 33%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

This sounds a lot appealing, taking into account the numbers I’m already scoring

I might even be tempted to play condition mesmer in pve more often than not (even though mesmer will still be seeked for the reflects, oh well still fun for open world pve).

The 10k confusion ticks will make my condi build more satisfying

Attachments:

Posted by: Arioch.7432

Arioch.7432

Just when I for some berserker pieces for my necromancer :p With this and the removal of the stack limit for bleeding and such Condition Necromancer becomes interesting again. Might have to raise my tailoring so I can make Sinister armour.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Luckily I already have sinister, on warrior, ranger, necro and mesmer.

The scaling works best with
warriors as you can benefit from huge amounts of might and fury,

necro leaves potential for good power but can be very powerfull in a hybrid build based on runes of the aristocrat.

Mesmer becomes quite squishy but will have power stats to fight objects (which tends to be a problem when running rabid or dire) and synergizes with runes of perplexity or tormenting

And ranger will be left with a reasonable build as trapper or (SB &) A+? condition build, preferably with runes of the Krait (possible 48 sec recharge on entangle makes it interesting.)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

It benefits monsters way more than it benefits players. Confusion is still useless thanks for it’s scarcity in applying them, yet monsters often stack confusion like crazy (5 stacks per hit, easily build up to 25).

This so called “buff” just doesn’t make sense, and make monsters with insane confusion stacking ability to be overpowered.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Luckily I already have sinister, on warrior, ranger, necro and mesmer.

The scaling works best with
warriors as you can benefit from huge amounts of might and fury,

necro leaves potential for good power but can be very powerfull in a hybrid build based on runes of the aristocrat.

Mesmer becomes quite squishy but will have power stats to fight objects (which tends to be a problem when running rabid or dire) and synergizes with runes of perplexity or tormenting

And ranger will be left with a reasonable build as trapper or (SB &) A+? condition build, preferably with runes of the Krait (possible 48 sec recharge on entangle makes it interesting.)

I’ve got a Sinsiter/Rabid hybrid necro that takes advantage of the aristocrat runes. The synergy with Blood is Power and the might stacking from Life blast trait is quite impressive. Easily get 25 stacks of might with it. With a condition damage build, BiP alone bleeds for 68s. All the other sources apply for at least 30s.

I’ve got the recipes for heavy sinister so may try it on my warrior for laughs. Getting a bit bored of the usual Zerk or Soldier’s gear.

Also started getting together a medium set for my ranger. I really want to try a roaming trapper in wvw. I’d probably try Trapper’s rune over Krait runes in that setting

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

It benefits monsters way more than it benefits players. Confusion is still useless thanks for it’s scarcity in applying them, yet monsters often stack confusion like crazy (5 stacks per hit, easily build up to 25).

This so called “buff” just doesn’t make sense, and make monsters with insane confusion stacking ability to be overpowered.

To be fair, players can also cleanse conditions more easily than monsters. However, I do agree with your point that applications of confusion are scarce and I would also add that durations for confusion on most skills and traits are also short. Most of the skills and traits that apply confusion last about 4 seconds without duration condition modifiers. Considering the slow attack speeds, that’s about 1-2 attacks. Sadly, this renders confusion very lackluster.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Er… what buff?

Just curious as to the source of this info.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

Er… what buff?

Just curious as to the source of this info.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-27-2015/first#post4743121
Confusion: The effect of condition damage on confusion has been increased by 33% in PvE.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Guys … you know that the condition damage that AFFECTS confusion has been buffed by 33%, not condition damage itself! So the condition damage RATIO has been increased, the base damage is still the same.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Oh, so not only is the sky falling, it fell almost two months ago.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Noctis.2657

Noctis.2657

ANNNDDDD you have to wait for the mob´s low attack rate to hit so it can attack when you do 10k epr sec of constant dmg with a thief´s and ele´s auto attack…

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Guys … you know that the condition damage that AFFECTS confusion has been buffed by 33%, not condition damage itself! So the condition damage RATIO has been increased, the base damage is still the same.

So for something like the guild bounty Diplomat Tarban (which spams massive confusion) it would essentially not matter?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Good. Confusion always felt like the poor men’s Guild Wars 1 Spiteful Spirit.