Confusion is too strong in this game.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HeidNu.1653

HeidNu.1653

I feel that confusion is too strong in this game at this current time. I think the % returned needs to be drastically reduced. This involves the Mesmer… and here are my reasons.

1. Mesmers can build around confusion having 3-9 stacks of confusion on target opponent at all times.

2. Mesmers can sacrifice all dps output to put in tank stats to make them live for a very long time. All they need to do is stack confusion and let the enemy work on themselves.

3. It is impossible to attack a Mesmer that builds around confusion. They are able to have a constant 3-9 stacks which averages around 4-5 normally. That being said.. Having 21k hp and toughness is hard to break through with confusion on yourself.

These are major reasons why the confusion build for Mesmers needs to be nerfed. I think that confusion is way to strong at this current time. Not many people know of this build but if you are familiar with some Mesmers that do this build, and do it to its greatest, know that this is too strong to be in this game. (For people that don’t know about this build, it is easy to solo 3-4 exotic geared people at one time) No class should be able to do this.

If you need some hard evidence there is a streamer on twitch that runs this build exactly. I will not promote him on these forums but if you look for him trust me you will find him.

If you agree please post accordingly, and if you do not, please post your reasons why.

(this is fixed in SPvP but not WvW)

(edited by HeidNu.1653)

Posted by: TeoH.2098

TeoH.2098

Confusion damage is not a percentage of skill damage returned.

It’s a fixed amount of damage that scales with the Condition Damage stat.

You’re welcome.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

What, really? Because the game I’m playing (PvE), confusion isn’t worth the investment tbh. Too strong? Hardly.

Another example of the benefits of splitting PvE/PvP, ArenaNet.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I’m guessing you are talking about WvW, where it is x3 stronger than in Spvp.

Posted by: silencer.5028

silencer.5028

Confusion uses a different formula in sPvP then it does in PvE and yeah, in both cases it is a function of Condition Damage. It activates each skill use, so dot/aoe’s are the best counter for confusion if you cannot purge them fast enough.

They are a challenging class to fight, but their godmode is diminishing due to both skill adjustments and rising knowledge on how to deal with them.

HeidNu.1653

What, really? Because the game I’m playing (PvE), confusion isn’t worth the investment tbh. Too strong? Hardly.

Another example of the benefits of splitting PvE/PvP, ArenaNet.

Its not meant for pve but WvW

HeidNu.1653

Confusion uses a different formula in sPvP then it does in PvE and yeah, in both cases it is a function of Condition Damage. It activates each skill use, so dot/aoe’s are the best counter for confusion if you cannot purge them fast enough.

They are a challenging class to fight, but their godmode is diminishing due to both skill adjustments and rising knowledge on how to deal with them.

It’s sad that they did something about confusion in SPvP but not WvW, Why wont they just change confusion in WvW? Because all I do is WvW

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

They probably will, because it’s probably broken as hell in WvW.

But PvE stats inflate your dmg like crazy in WvW as well.

Posted by: NoZaku.7120

NoZaku.7120

The thing about confusion is its pretty hard to balance for both PvE and PvP.

in PvE its pretty weak since most mobs attack slow and dont use abilities too often.

in PvP its strong cause everyone is using abilities every second.

Also, i think its also the same for the other condition damage to some extent (Bleed, Poison and Burning). Since some PvE encounters nullify your condition damage (PvE events that require destroying a structure, and 25 max stack bleeds)

But one thing about conditions in PvP is that everyone has an ability or a trait that removes conditions, which you should always have if you PvP alot.