Connection Error

Connection Error

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: deaths suffering.7851

deaths suffering.7851

Hey im new to guild wars 2, just started ankittenep getting a disconnected from server note. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me? It could be my wireless adapter so if so ill be going to the shop to buy a long ethernet cable lol.

Connection Error

Posted by: HellionOfEvil.7963

HellionOfEvil.7963

In the support section they have an error code list, when you get disconnected the message should also have a code on the bottom right corner. Check that the next time it happens.

The Hellion Of Evil – Fort Aspenwood – Guild Leader[NoR]

Connection Error

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

There are literally a number of reasons why you get disconnected. Off the top of my head it could be

1.) wireless connection (your wifi as you’ve said)
2.) your ISP
3.) your computer specs (if drivers are updated, etc)
4.) actual server problems

check the tech subforum as people there will be able to help you more. also it would help if you can give more details about the instances you get disconnected, your connection, and your computer. Like for me playing on a bootcamp, yesterday i get disconnected heavily and only had like 12 fps. I updated drivers and now can get up to 34 fps. Idk if that was the issue, but seeing as it did some change, i’m inclined to believe so.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Connection Error

Posted by: deaths suffering.7851

deaths suffering.7851

error code 7:11:3:189:101 Thats the error, Dosent seem to be any fix from what I could see

Connection Error

Posted by: HellionOfEvil.7963

HellionOfEvil.7963

error code 7:11:3:189:101 Thats the error, Dosent seem to be any fix from what I could see

Error Code 7 x x x x
(example – 7:11:3:189:101)

“The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again.”

If you continue to experience this error after waiting and restarting the client, please try temporarily disabling any security software such as Norton, AVAST, AVG, or McAfee. If this does not work, you might also try adjusting the ‘security’ setting within the firewall settings. Lowering this setting to ‘medium’ or ‘low’ will often clear up connection issues.

In the event that adjusting the security settings does not resolve the issue, please try temporarily uninstalling the security software completely. If this does resolve the issue, please contact the software manufacturer for instructions on how to configure it correctly if you wish to reinstall it.

In addition, Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound. For further information about opening ports or port forwarding, you can visit the following website: http://www.portforward.com Please note, this site is not affiliated with or supported by NCsoft or ArenaNet.

If you are connecting to Guild Wars 2 while on a campus, military, or business network, please check with your network’s administrator to verify that these ports are fully opened and unrestricted. If you are on a home Local Area Network (LAN), you will want to make sure that your network’s hardware is properly configured.

The Hellion Of Evil – Fort Aspenwood – Guild Leader[NoR]