Consider everyone

Consider everyone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Janek.2649

Janek.2649

Can we please get that ? we’ve been living with 8 very easy dungeons (that are getting repetitive), tiny fractal levels (that are getting repetitive) and pathetic RNG on all the rewards, including precursors, very boring way of obtaining money and the fact that a lot revolves around crafting is sad too. Also the fact that players who don’t play at all, can be rewarded AS EQUAL as the players who put HOURS and HOURS worth of work into whatever they’re trying to achieve.. seems very fair. Honestly very low skill cap and idea for players who want more than just roleplay, which is what you are giving us every single kitten update for the past two years. And I understand that it might not be as easy as I think, but not even a single thought is being put into this, that’s what’s the most ridiculous thing.. so mad.

And I know it’s ’’f2p’’ and things tend to go slow or something? but come on. Every patch is consisted of pathetic tooltip updates and roleplay? Do you, as designers ever ask yourself what are you doing before you apply something like that? Personally, I would feel really REALLY bad, giving something so empty to YOUR community, community you’ve created and possibly got a lot of support from already as well. Then again, considering all the ignorance towards multiple other posts (probably this one too) that has been shown.. it’s just sad.

And if your vision at ArenaNet is to fill the dreams of all the ’’casual’’ players as you seem to be doing now and make it just one story of an MMO without taking care of the remaining 50% of the content, which is soon becoming 0%? Then so be it, it seems to be making you happy. BUT just so you know, that was a pathetic move. Because you should’ve advertised that BEFORE releasing your product, not after. I know that doesn’t matter, I’m rambling now and it’s business and life, therefore, well played I suppose.

Consider everyone

Posted by: Khadez.4958

Khadez.4958

Getting quite tired of people whining here about lack of content and what not.

MMORPG = Massively multiplayer online role-playing game
And I am quite happy with what Arenanet is delivering. The new LS season has started very nicely and feels like it’s going in the right direction. The game is not too grindy in the sense that you dont have to spend tons of time grinding gear just to be on par with others. Or is that what you would like? Endlessly grinding dungeons to get better gear?
Then there’s the rewards… you said that casuals get rewarded as equal to “hardcore” players. I find that good… should a game reward someone for spending their youth indoors playing it? I dont think so.

In the end I guess it really comes down to everyone’s personal preference though. Your’s doesnt seem to be Guildwars2. Go play something else then, easy. Just stop coming here and littering the forum with threads about “lack of content” when in reality there is content, plenty of it.

(Edit: And btw, it’s not f2p, it’s b2p)

(edited by Khadez.4958)

Consider everyone

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

All complaining and no constructive content suggested.

How about giving us a tldr of what you really want?

Consider everyone

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

they did consider everyone.

Fractals
Wurm
new Tequalt
3 new fractals on top of the original fractals
the new TA path
Marionette
Battle for LA.
EoTM
Guantlet

But like you said yourself they have to consider everyone the list above is the hardcore content they added in Season 1 together with that they added group content, casual content, Mini games, new PvE content etc.. I am sure there will be other Season 2 releases targeted at those who want hardcore content like there will be releases targeted at people who like different types of content.

Consider everyone

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Janek, I’m sorry they can’t implement new content as fast as you can imagine it. I’m so, so sorry.

Consider everyone

Posted by: Janek.2649

Janek.2649

@Khadez,Vol,Galen
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to avoid this, but that was just a joke.
First of all ‘’role-playing’’ can mean a lot, not just actual tea party and storytime roleplay, which it has become and people know it for. Role play can be , play a role of a character and the rest is up to you. The rest, I hope, you see for yourself.

Second of all, there’s no littering because I am just stating the obvious down sides, which, yeah may not be as well put, but it still says a lot and my ’’whinning’’ is simple because as a huge tester of the product itself (more than most) it hurts to see that all the previous ideas and support given are being turned down.

Third of all, rewarding. Yeah I didn’t say that that it’s bad, but to be rewarded as equal ? as well as the RNG , which makes it even that more unfair? you must be blind to think otherwise, that the system is flawless. Because here you have the ones who don’t play much and are getting nothing too, as well as the ones who really love the game and due to themselves much rather play all day.

Fourth , I did say, that if this is the case, they should’ve advertised that BEFORE they released the game. Instead it was told that it has a variety of everything. And I am only trying to help here, with a bit of annoyance, since it’s been going on for so long. I don’t see you @Khadez, saying anything reasonable at this point, only stuff that’s pretty obvious to me, therefore no need for it. You should grasp this and actually consider it would do a lot better. And personally, I believe, if you were to go and ask every individual, if the game is well maintained? it would mostly be no, so no, the game is not considering everyone, EVEN due to all the ideas and support.

Fifth, it seems pretty constructive, considering I just bumped out a lot of flaws of the game, so doing the opposite would be the content I want, no? silly

And sixth, if you consider one patch for one batch of people every year that doesn’t get polishing after it’s released? then that’s a very very very bad mistake. I don’t know about you guys, but there are a lot of people who like to enjoy the depth of the content a lot more than you (judging from poor replies) , but sadly there’s not much depth to begin with.
Fractals was an amazing idea. They really went up a step there, but what happened after that? we are now stuck with tiny repetitive content ( no the few recycled maps don’t count.. come on) , RNG on rewarads, where as again, the ones that play less, may obtain fractal greatsword , where as I, who did countless runs (personal annoyance) , got nothing. Pretty cool, I know.

Wurm, seriously? It’s a zergfest like 80% of the new content, which I don’t think majority if fond of, but has to participate because they still want to get at least something from it. Poor rewards as usual, blues, greens, yay .

Tequatl, same as wurm

TA path, was a cool concept, but pretty sad in the end.. as usual, bad reward.

Marionette, worse than Wurm and Tequatl , all which is zerg zerg zerg zerg, repetitive, repetitive, poor reward, roleplay.

Battle for LA, was a nice addition.

EOTM, alright?

Gauntlet, which got recycled.. pretty poor as well

Yeah, they did consider everyone, I suppose I should’ve been more accurate and said that I wanted Anet to target hardcore players more? I apologize for that, but in the end.. all this content is very poorly throught-through and managed, which you cannot deny.

Consider everyone

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Marionette, worse than Wurm and Tequatl , all which is zerg zerg zerg zerg, repetitive, repetitive, poor reward, roleplay.

Marionette was pretty good. And it showed how terribly bad the GW2 population was.

Consider everyone

Posted by: Khadez.4958

Khadez.4958

Just a couple of things I picked out from your reply
Marionette – I found that interesting. Ofcourse it gets old if you do it many many times but at the first couple of runs it was interesting
EOTM – I didnt quite understand you… you dont like it? Why?
Fractals – You just discard these new maps because you dont like them? It still new content you know, whether you like it or not.

There’s more but I wont waste time answering them.

As for roleplay, I for one really enjoy story driven stuff. The new LS is a good example once again. I love the story, I love the new area. And a new one is coming in a week. Awesome!

So I repeat, it seems that this game is not for you. You dont have to force yourself to play it, go play something else, come back in a week when the new LS is here or maybe later in future when something else you like arrives.

Also, your post still has no suggestions

And yes, it is littering. There are tons of threads like your, all whining about the same thing. (you remind me of this guy a little)

Consider everyone

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

they did consider everyone.

Fractals
Wurm
new Tequalt
3 new fractals on top of the original fractals
the new TA path
Marionette
Battle for LA.
EoTM
Guantlet

But like you said yourself they have to consider everyone the list above is the hardcore content they added in Season 1 together with that they added group content, casual content, Mini games, new PvE content etc.. I am sure there will be other Season 2 releases targeted at those who want hardcore content like there will be releases targeted at people who like different types of content.

Marionette
Battle for LA.
Guantlet

Those are all gone now. That list is very short for being out 2 years. How could anyone justify that? Just admit it. THe Living Story wasted all those resources that Anet could’ve used for more meaningful content.

Consider everyone

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

There is a reason if we have all this critics on the forum, denying all of them is not the best way to mak the game grow. Sadly Arenanet won’t listen to us, so it’s totally useless to write here.

Consider everyone

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

I don’t think that the criticism is ignored, actually. Just that it’s a bigger problem than the forum posts recognize.

We had release content, which was “too casual”
They gave us fractals, and ascended, and WvW ranks – and we called them “grindy”
They gave us non-repetitive content – and screamed “temporary?” when we couldn’t repeat it.
They made server space for permanent content – and we cursed the “Megaserver”
They give us permanent story content – and the forums act like this is the last chapter of a book, rather than the first.

I wont say the road wasn’t bumpy, but I do applaud the effort that ANet has made so far.