Considering RTL nerf.

Considering RTL nerf.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Considering RTL will punish eles for missing I expect the same will be done to all other charges?
I expect warrior GS#5 will receive a 40s cooldown if you miss.
I expect ranger GS#3 will receive a 24s cooldown if you miss.
I expect thief dagger #2 or sword #2 will receive 10s cooldown if you miss.
I expect mesmer sword #3 will receive a 24s cooldown if you miss.
I expect guardian GS#3 will receive a 30s cooldown if you miss.
I expect engineer Rifle#5 will receive a 40s cooldown if you miss.

After all, why should ele be the only one punished for missing with a gap closer or using it to move faster outside combat?

If the above does not happen I would at the very least expect the damage and radius of RTL to be at least doubled.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Erm, not only does mesmer iLeap require a target to even spawn a clone, half the time the clone gets stuck on terrain or doesn’t make it to the target for whatever reason, and then you have to swap to blink to your target. It also has a smaller range. Very different from RTL.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Blade Kuroda.1795

Blade Kuroda.1795

Heartseeker has a way shorter range.
Infiltrator’s strike requires a target to use else you just shadowstep in place last I recall (It’s been awhile since I’ve used sword).
…Also thief weapon skills don’t have a cooldown in the first place. The better mobility skills would be infiltrator’s arrow which has a high initiative cost and Shadowstep, which already has a 40 second cooldown.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

I expect warrior GS#5 will receive a 40s cooldown if you miss.

Wouldn’t this be almost exactly the same as extending its CD to 40s anyway?

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

Yes. Because Anet’s plan is to nerf everything until it takes an hour for someone to kill someone else. After this nerf patch let’s all complain about the next OP skill until everything is nerfed. All of these complaints could’ve been avoided if they decided to buff everything except the OP skills instead.

There’s two ways to achieve balance: nerf the build everyone is playing or buff the builds nobody is playing. There is only one right answer.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Heartseeker has a way shorter range.
Infiltrator’s strike requires a target to use else you just shadowstep in place last I recall (It’s been awhile since I’ve used sword).
…Also thief weapon skills don’t have a cooldown in the first place. The better mobility skills would be infiltrator’s arrow which has a high initiative cost and Shadowstep, which already has a 40 second cooldown.

next update thieves will be able to shadowstep forwards without having any target. And because it has no cooldown… How is it fair?

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

next update thieves will be able to shadowstep forwards without having any target. And because it has no cooldown… How is it fair?

Steal has a 45 second cooldown.

The developers didn’t mention anything about infiltrator’s strike being changed.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes. Because Anet’s plan is to nerf everything until it takes an hour for someone to kill someone else. After this nerf patch let’s all complain about the next OP skill until everything is nerfed. All of these complaints could’ve been avoided if they decided to buff everything except the OP skills instead.

There’s two ways to achieve balance: nerf the build everyone is playing or buff the builds nobody is playing. There is only one right answer.

You’re right. There is only one right answer. The answer is to nerf the build everyone else is playing. Because then you’re nerfing one thing and not buffing hundreds of things without knowing how ALL those changes will affect anything.

And of course, in PvE, once you buff EVERYTHING, then every encounter in the game becomes even more underpowered than it is now. People are already complaining PVe is too easy. I imagine is every single build/skill not being used got buffed.

Sure, the short-sighted, I want to be more powerful answer is what you’re expecting, but you know, there’s a reason why pretty much all game developers nerf the popular build instead of buffing everything else.

Because in the world of game design it makes no sense to buff a million things when you can nerf one. Particularly when all the changes youd’ have to make would be far more likely to cause even greater imbalance.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

I expect mesmer sword #3 will receive a 24s cooldown if you miss.

Why even bother, illusionary lea kitten o buggy at the moment that it already punishes you for using it, even 1 pixel bump on the terrain will get iLeap stuck and it wont hit the target.

(swear filter is messing up my sentence even though there is no offensive text in there..cant fix that sorry)

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

(edited by Andrax.4576)

Considering RTL nerf.

ExZee.8109

You’re right. There is only one right answer. The answer is to nerf the build everyone else is playing. Because then you’re nerfing one thing and not buffing hundreds of things without knowing how ALL those changes will affect anything.

And of course, in PvE, once you buff EVERYTHING, then every encounter in the game becomes even more underpowered than it is now. People are already complaining PVe is too easy. I imagine is every single build/skill not being used got buffed.

Sure, the short-sighted, I want to be more powerful answer is what you’re expecting, but you know, there’s a reason why pretty much all game developers nerf the popular build instead of buffing everything else.

Because in the world of game design it makes no sense to buff a million things when you can nerf one. Particularly when all the changes youd’ have to make would be far more likely to cause even greater imbalance.

You’re also right. Your limited one-way thought process is exactly why these nerfs continuously happen despite the fact it’s killing the game.

You, Anet, and all the forum whiners can only focus on one thing. Confusion is OP. RTL is OP. Mug is OP. So instead of finding creative ways to deal with the current metagame, you take the easy way out by simply nerfing whatever people are playing the most. Yes, buffing everything is harder. Yes, buffing everything will create more imbalances. But that’s where creativity comes out, that’s where new builds come out, and that’s how the game evolves into something more than what is essentially a stale, boring, and limited 1-2 build per profession game that we have now.

There’s a reason why games like LoL became so huge. It’s the same kitten dota game and there are a billion other copycats. They intentionally make new characters just a tad bit overpowered than the existing ones, which actually forced the players to adapt instead of the devs babysitting the noobs by immediately cutting damage by half. The game can’t help but grow more and more. Why don’t you stop your one-way train of thought and actually give it a little more perspective? Like I said, there is only one right answer.

EDIT: I forgot to comment about your argument with PvE balance issues. I have been a VERY avid supporter of separating PvE/WvW/sPvP. I knew this pseudo-unified balance system would fail and the fact that they announced with this coming patch that they will separate WvW from PvE even more shows that your argument is quite pointless. They never should have to consider PvE to balance WvW or vice versa, and the fact that they are ever so slowly making a transition that should’ve been since launch is a bad joke I can’t laugh at.

(edited by ExZee.8109)

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

And the right answer is none of yours. If you keep buffing everything without nerfs, then everyone will be able to kill every other in 2 seconds.

The right answer, is that there’s buffs to be made for specific situations, and there’s nerfs to be made for other situations. The power of skills is not only determined by how they are compared to each other, but to how they make combat more or less fun.

And btw, buffing everything to the level of a backstab thief’s burst would NOT be fun. That’s why it has been and will get nerfed.

Considering RTL nerf.

ExZee.8109

And the right answer is none of yours. If you keep buffing everything without nerfs, then everyone will be able to kill every other in 2 seconds.

The right answer, is that there’s buffs to be made for specific situations, and there’s nerfs to be made for other situations. The power of skills is not only determined by how they are compared to each other, but to how they make combat more or less fun.

And btw, buffing everything to the level of a backstab thief’s burst would NOT be fun. That’s why it has been and will get nerfed.

Not even worth replying, but here’s something to chew on for your efforts.

As an example, buffing everything to the level of a backstab thief’s burst would mean that a scepter Elementalist would have enough damage AND survivability to have an equal chance at winning. It would not simply be increasing the power of every scepter skill so either person can kill in 2 seconds as your shortsightedness suggests, but also the defensive skills and traits that would help against extremely high burst damage skills. So while the numerical damage of backstab remains as is, its over-effectiveness becomes “balanced” by buffing everything else so that there are ways to counter-play besides just dodging or blocking, which in turns make combat much more interesting and fun compared to say, nerfing backstab so that it doesn’t crit anymore.

So, yet again, “Why don’t you stop your one-way train of thought and actually give it a little more perspective? Like I said, there is only one right answer.”

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

“I expect ranger GS#3 will receive a 24s cooldown if you miss.”
“I expect warrior GS#5 will receive a 40s cooldown if you miss.”

The GS skills dont work like RTL if we are crippled we cant disengage like you.

Only if you make warrior GS 3 and 5 skills not susceptible to chill cripple and immobile while your at it make bulls charge immune to movement conditions as well.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Only if you make warrior GS 3 and 5 skills not susceptible to chill cripple and immobile while your at it make bulls charge immune to movement conditions as well.

And they are affected by swiftness, tradeoffs. Keep in mind you would also be prevented from using any other skills while using those (like instant utilities or weapon swap) and if something weird happens you are effectively stunned until the animation ends. RTL is affected by immobilize and stuns.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

@ ExZee,

Because 2-second bursts are ridiculous and unfun, especially when half the damage is done before you can even see the player. There’s no sense of pace, there’s no sense of conflict, it simplifies GW2’s combat system into a “let’s see if you dodge in one second or die” rock-paper-scissors game. It’s especially bad for any player with some latency issues, and more so in a game where the developers have built a combat system that relies less on interrupting, compared to the original game, exactly to make it more latency-friendly. So, for three reasons, leaving backstab as it is and buffing other stuff instead, is a bad thing.

But, it also happens that those extreme burst builds make alternative burst builds from other professions underpowered. To pick your example, a scepter ele with a burst build could never compete in the same environment as a build like the old backstab, because elementalists need time and room to breath so they can use twice the skills they have to survive AND to set up their burst. A scepter burst ele is more viable now, and will be even more so after the upcomming patch, exactly because they don’t die out of nowhere anymore from a random backstabber. And, like you have proved to my shortsighted, little mind, buffing a scepter ele is not a viable solution neither.

The nerfs have been crucial to set up a slower pace to this game’s combat system, which in turn allows many other builds to work. It’s exactly because of those nerfs to burst and quickness, that there are more “ways to counter-play besides just dodging or blocking, which in turns make combat much more interesting and fun”.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Yes. Because Anet’s plan is to nerf everything until it takes an hour for someone to kill someone else.

I thought the point of the RTL nerf is to make eles easier to kill.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

And they are affected by swiftness, tradeoffs. Keep in mind you would also be prevented from using any other skills while using those (like instant utilities or weapon swap) and if something weird happens you are effectively stunned until the animation ends. RTL is affected by immobilize and stuns.

Yup also make all of warriors melee range skills 600 range instead of 130…. and gives us a few heals on top of that. and Ill agree. and no weather or not swiftness make them move faster or not is a moot point. They move slower than RTL by default. And btw you already cant use any other skills while channeling our movement skills so take that off your list of complaints.

Also our bull charge skill is already 40sec cd regardless if it hits the enemy or not. and whilwind attack is no where near 1500 range its 450 . The only other skill you can compare it to is rush which like I said is affected by movement conditions.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

lmao Ill take the 40 sec cd on jump shot if the skill looses its short range and hovering delay before it hits the ground. No, you not what? Actually if you are implying jump shot is as good as rtl then I’ll gladly trade those skills any day.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: molepunch.5673

molepunch.5673

RTL abuse needed a counter or a nerf. Personally I’d start the balancing by nerfing.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Moot points OP.
D/D had it coming, it was a matter of time, and everyone knew it.

Live with it and move on.

1+1 = potato

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Moot points OP.

Too bad the majority of nerfs will affect non D/D builds the most, as well as forcing players into more bunkering to counter the loss of mobility. So really, its the opposite effect.

But I guess we should live with that…

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Moot points OP.

Too bad the majority of nerfs will affect non D/D builds the most, as well as forcing players into more bunkering to counter the loss of mobility. So really, its the opposite effect.

Are you from the future?

Considering RTL nerf.

Kaleban.9834

Moot points OP.

Are you from the future?

No.

But I can read.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1d67nf/gw2guru_sotg/

Considering RTL nerf.

CobaltSixty.1542

Moot points OP.

Are you from the future?

No.

But I can read.

So you’ve seen how every change will intimately effect everything. Teach me your gift.

Considering RTL nerf.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Moot points OP.

Remind me again the name of this topic?
Don’t take other points to strengthen yours.

Also, you forgot to mention that the sky will rain fire and the ocean will overflow the land.

1+1 = potato

Considering RTL nerf.

Kaleban.9834

Moot points OP.

Are you from the future?

No.

But I can read.

So you’ve seen how every change will intimately effect everything. Teach me your gift.

Reading comprehension is something they teach in school. Difficult to be taught via random person on a game forum. Suffice to say in the reddit notes, every profession but Ele is being buffed, build diversity is talked about in regards to other classes but not Ele, the idea that Staff Eles are “safe” (despite being rubbish), etc.

If you can’t read, or read between the lines, then what can i teach you from behind a keyboard, via READING?

Considering RTL nerf.

CobaltSixty.1542

Moot points OP.

Are you from the future?

No.

But I can read.

Reading comprehension is something they teach in school. Difficult to be taught via random person on a game forum. Suffice to say in the reddit notes, every profession but Ele is being buffed, build diversity is talked about in regards to other classes but not Ele, the idea that Staff Eles are “safe” (despite being rubbish), etc.

If you can’t read, or read between the lines, then what can i teach you from behind a keyboard, via READING?

Make a Youtube video using interpretive dance.

Considering RTL nerf.

ExZee.8109

like you have proved to my shortsighted, little mind, buffing a scepter ele is not a viable solution neither.

I had to quote this because it was hilarious.

As for the rest of your post… Just… No.