Consumable hate

Consumable hate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I noticed today that I couldn’t use my “Healing Seed Pod”, “Mortar Seed Turrent” or my "Depleted Power Crystal in a dungeon today. I was able to use those in the open world however. I wonder if the oger pet whistle and other items no longer work in dungeons anymore. I also noticed that some other consumables are no longer working as they did before. All the “Offereing” (Snow Leopard, Bear, Wolf, Raven) foods are now taking the place of a nourishment item and can only use one a time now. The same thing is happening with the Scale Venom with it replacing a nourishment spot.

However I was just wondering why so much hate on the Consumable’s? Some of them are actually quite useful even after they got nerfed last month (Cooldown’s added and such).

Consumable hate

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Anything that can be exploited will be exploited.

Anytime something is exploited, punish everyone for the transgression.

Dems da rules.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Consumable hate

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

It would be better to remove it than to nerf it to the ground and make it useless. I understand why they nerfed the order of whisper kits because people could use them over and over without a cooldown. However the rest of these things I don’t see a real good reason to make them this useless.

Consumable hate

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

It would be better to remove it than to nerf it to the ground and make it useless. I understand why they nerfed the order of whisper kits because people could use them over and over without a cooldown. However the rest of these things I don’t see a real good reason to make them this useless.

Well, its kinda a sad fact of life in online games. Cheaters are there to tie developers brains in knots.

Developers then get this strange myopic fixation it seems, and go around chasing their tails, and plugging holes in imaginary dikes and regular players get punished for stuff they never even considered doing, and in the end the cheaters win, because they just find a new way to cheat and the developers are still off plugging another hole, and the regular players are long gone—-and the nifty stuff that did nifty things has been nerfed into uselessness.

If there were a way to teach and to reward honor in games….and if you could get the developers to chase that goal for a while, then the gaming world would be all the better for it.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

(edited by Nalora.7964)