Consumed an unidentified dye & nothing changed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shahanshah.8517

Shahanshah.8517

I just found an unidentified dye and consumed it, but nothing changed. Perhaps I haven’t finished the dying process or something is wrong?

I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.

Posted by: Daihe.8275

Daihe.8275

You get a dye that you consume by using an unidentified one. After you’ve used the identified dye, you can choose it from the button over your head/helm slot in “H”.

In the future, you may get more help faster by posting it in Player Helping Player as a question thread.

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

When you “use” an unidentified dye, it just identifies it, you should find the identified dye in your inventory. Then you can double-click (use) that identified dye again, and then the color is added to your dye color palette. From then on you can forever use that color to dye any armor you are wearing. You can access the dye-panel by clicking a very small icon of a pipette in your character-screen (top).

Posted by: Shahanshah.8517

Shahanshah.8517

You get a dye that you consume by using an unidentified one. After you’ve used the identified dye, you can choose it from the button over your head/helm slot in “H”.

In the future, you may get more help faster by posting it in Player Helping Player as a question thread.

Right, the Toggle Dye Mode button. Thank-you.

I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

When you consume an unidentified dye a named dye appears in your inventory. You can then click to consume that dye and it will then be added to that character’s dye list accessible from the Hero panel. Above the column of your gear is an eye dropper icon. Clicking this will bring up the dye window and allow you to customize gear.

Your gear doesn’t change color by ‘drinking’ the dye. All that would do is stain your teeth.

Cheers!

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Perfect, as it seems that the problem has been solved, we proceed to close the thread.