Content Finder not working?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I’d rather not have to ask mapchat for “events?”, but with this issue I have with the content finder not finding any events within my area (even though I completed the map). Is anyone else having this issue?

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Check the “open world” are in the lfg. Other than that and asking in map chat, I don’t know of a better way to find events…

Posted by: WGuardian.1028

WGuardian.1028

If u didn’t check options yet go there and switch content finder to “disable personal story”. In this mode it will show u events and locations for map complition or it will mark portal to new area if none of previous is available. If world complition is at 100% then it won’t show anything but as i know there is always active event on map ( I didn’t c maps without at least 1 active event).

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’d rather not have to ask mapchat for “events?”, but with this issue I have with the content finder not finding any events within my area (even though I completed the map). Is anyone else having this issue?

I was actually going to start a thread myself on this issue. If the content guide is working as intended, then its poorly designed. It works in certain scenarios but not in others especially when it comes to informing you about events. For eg: when completing a particular map and u have it on default settings, or even PS disabled, you get notified for things that give you map completion, ie: heart, vistas etc, and you can even see events if u zoom the map out.

However, once u complete that map, it shows u nothing. It auto switches to ur PS story guide even when disabled and it constantly points you to the next map you still got exploration to do. But no events can be seen on the map any longer. The only time you can see the events is if u come very close to them, but that’s how they used to work under the old system.

Oddly enough, for my chars that have 100% world and PS completion and with content guide at default setting, it shows me events on the entire map. So to me, the whole thing is a bit of a mish mash and really needs to be fixed and standardized.

I feel actually bad as i was advising people constantly asking “any events?” in the map chat to turn on their content guide to see the events on entire map, as that is how it worked for my completed characters. But since i started lvling alts, i’ve found the new content guide very confusing until i figured out the inconsistencies and i’ve played since head start. So i can only imagine how confused new players would be by this guide.

The available options are too few and they don’t work as described. For eg: it says disable personal story but it doesn’t really disable it, it’s always showing on ur UI and the map itself. All it does it switches priorities on what it shows u first, putting other things u can do in a particular map ahead of the personal story. People don’t really need to have a big blue dot on the exists out of the map to tell them there’s stuff in the next map they can do. All they have to do is view the world map to see undiscovered areas in the world. Those big blue dots would have better served players if they’ve showing where the events are in the map they’re in. More options could be added, to only show events or exploration guide, or Personal story and if u disable something it really is disabled.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve noticed it isn’t working correctly. Even on a char that has 100% map it won’t show events until I’m almost on top of them and at that time I can see them on my mini map anyway.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I don’t know if this is local to me only, but I’ve found that, if I’m in a low-pop map, my content finder works fine for events. But when I get pushed into a full map copy it suddenly starts working as Flesh Wound said above. Possibly due to how many people are doing the events at the time the CF points it out?

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: rani.9025

rani.9025

This started happening to me after the 3/16 update patches. I am unable to see any event icons on the PvE maps or mini map, even if I happen to be standing literally steps away from it. I have to be right on top of the event, then it will show up as an event on both maps and on my log. If I take a few steps away from it, the event icon and all appearances disappears from my log and maps. However, in the Silverwastes, Southsun, WvW and EoTM, all event icons are visible as they were normally, but everywhere else I cannot see any. I have tried to ‘jiggle’ the content guide selection in the hopes that it would get back to normal…without any luck. Even if someone pings the location/waypoint for the event, I have no clue where to go because I do not see anything….then its all over.

Rani

(edited by rani.9025)