Content Please

Content Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

This is the reason why I don’t play much anymore except for popping into WvW from time to time into a random zerg. There’s just nothing new coming into the game. I remember back then Runescape use to have a non stop flow of fun new permanent additions to the core game and they made less money than Anet.
Well Archeage releases today in a few hours and the developers have already revealed a ton of new permanent content coming later this year.

Don’t know what happened to Anet GW1 had awesome new content updates. Must have something to do with the secret Nexon take over of NCSoft.

It’ll be interesting to see how many players Archage has two years from now and what kind of complaints they have. I’ll tell you one thing. The launch, the headstart thus far is less than stellar. I have a suspicion that Archage isn’t the panacea that some think it’s going to be.

In two years it will have twice the new content that this game could produce in four years.

Content Please

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This is the reason why I don’t play much anymore except for popping into WvW from time to time into a random zerg. There’s just nothing new coming into the game. I remember back then Runescape use to have a non stop flow of fun new permanent additions to the core game and they made less money than Anet.
Well Archeage releases today in a few hours and the developers have already revealed a ton of new permanent content coming later this year.

Don’t know what happened to Anet GW1 had awesome new content updates. Must have something to do with the secret Nexon take over of NCSoft.

It’ll be interesting to see how many players Archage has two years from now and what kind of complaints they have. I’ll tell you one thing. The launch, the headstart thus far is less than stellar. I have a suspicion that Archage isn’t the panacea that some think it’s going to be.

In two years it will have twice the new content that this game could produce in four years.

LMAO! We’ll see.

Content Please

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I just checked out Archeage and it looks pretty good. From the youtube, it looks almost like GW, except it has:

1. You can raise your own mount
2. Build you farm and house
3. Claim a land for you guild
4. Fee to play and No monthly fee

I’m going to try it out when I get home. I’m so looking forward to dumping GW, I hope it’s good. LOL…it feels like I’m in a bad realtionship trying to get out.

Content Please

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I just checked out Archeage and it looks pretty good. From the youtube, it looks almost like GW, except it has:

1. You can raise your own mount
2. Build you farm and house
3. Claim a land for you guild
4. Fee to play and No monthly fee

I’m going to try it out when I get home. I’m so looking forward to dumping GW, I hope it’s good. LOL…it feels like I’m in a bad realtionship trying to get out.

Ya our guild leader left for AA. Looks like a good game with it’s open world, but like all MMO it will have it’s issues, animations looks a bit clunky, and it’s pc only. ESO was promising too, but now the competitive maps are empty because they miscalculated the importance of simple things (it just takes too long to get a gate down, and npc health is too high, class balance and upscaling is broken).

The only thing keeping GW2 alive for now is it’s combat engine which is unparalleled in a MMO. Now if they could just come out with some real content and stop wasting time with things already there like the levelling system.

Content Please

sonicwhip.9052

LMAO! We’ll see.

Here you go. Game not even released yet and already developing more permanent content than gw2 has gotten in two years.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/8795

Content Please

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

They are attempting to do this with LS. People just do not like it for whatever reason. With the changes to the season list in your hero menu, all this content is not only replayable by anyone at anytime, but also has it’s own achievements. I do not know what people expect to get out of an expansion that cannot be delivered via the LS. Anyway, I am not against an expansion. I just feel that the current model will provide the same content more efficiently.

The key word in your statement is “attempting”. The effort they put in LS2 compared to LS1 is huge: this story is far far better (I’m addicted to this game’s lore). Yet, players need something to transform their character: new skills, fighting styles, etc. Achievements are not that important (to me), because I don’t feel like repeating content “because I have to”, I would prefer to unlock some achievements during my first play and go “holy Grenth, I missed one!” rather than go “I just finish this part, gotta do it once or twice more to finally get something”.

As a comparison, I wouldn’t mind having the whole Elona part delivered on a two-year timespan if I can take my character from Crystal Desert to Kamadan. Yet, as far as now, we didn’t get meaningful things outside the gem shop. While I have paid for some stuff (flesh is weak), I don’t feel like buying anything more: my characters are somewhat the same, in somehow the same maps (only one awesome map), so I don’t wanna pay further if it’s not invested.

If Anet delivers a race and a profession during the Living Story, and some new skills and weapons, the opinion of the Living Story will change drastically.

It’s not that Anet could or couldn’t. It’s that so far, they haven’t. At least they’ve introduced a new zone. It’s a start.

I do agree. LS2 is far better than LS1, and adding a map is a good starting point. However, to some (me included), the pace seem a bit too slow: while we are sometimes barely affected by the changes they’ve made so far, our characters are doing the same things over and over again. Introducing new skills, for example, could be easy: while going into Maguuma Jungle, we discover new people with unknown skills, and we’ll have a tiny mission to do/a tiny fee to pay to unlock it.

It is time to get some things done: there are 5 more dragons to kill, and at this rate, I don’t think we’ll be done before 2030… I assume I would be done by that time ^^

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Content Please

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

Back in the day I was hoping for a dragon per year… with 6 dragons and a reasonable life span of 6-10 years for a good MMO, that didn’t seem implausible. In fact, anything much slower than that becomes undesirable. I’d like to kill all those dragons, but am I going to stick to this game for two decades to do so? Hell no.

Fingers crossed that the imporvement between LS1 and LS2 is that they’re finally picking up (or starting to) the proper pace.

Content Please

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I don’t at all hate the new season of the LW, and I actually like some of the game system changes that have taken place lately, but the pace of content releases is still egregiously slow and that is certainly one of the biggest reasons this game has hemorrhaged players.

In 2 years there has been 0 new weapon types, 0 new classes, 0 new races, 0 new game modes (unless you count SAB), very few new skills, 1.5ish zone maps, 1 large dungeon, a bunch of paid cosmetics, and some temp content.

I know there’s been a lot of miscellaneous stuff, mostly minor and bundled with the LW, but still – that’s pathetic. That’s significantly less new content than most totally free MMOs that are less successful than GW2 see in the same time period.

What is going on here, exactly? The #1 way you attract and retain players is by generating hype. The #1 way to generate hype is to talk about your plans in advance, and to release major content updates frequently. Most people don’t care as much about story as they do about having new stuff to play around with. This game desperately needs an expansion or to have much bigger content patches than it has been getting, pronto. The 2nd most desperate thing it needs is more consistent interaction between designers and players.

Your source of the game having lost players is…? People have been saying that this game is losing players since the Lost Shores launched back in November of 2012. If it’s bleeding players so badly, then why hasn’t the game gone under yet, and why does the game continue to feel more and more populated as time goes by? Even with the megaserver change I’ve noticed sharp increases in the number of players I encounter, and those increases are taking place long after megaservers were introduced.

Not to mention, I’ve routinely felt increases in player population. While there was a period around 2013 where the population seemed to decline, it has steadily gone up since. And if you’re going to cite anet’s revenue, that has more to do with the fact a large number of potential customers have already bought the game and many play the game for free after buying it, which is perfectly okay.

To answer your main point though, there has been a lot of added content just as a previous poster stated right above me, but a lot of it was temporary. I’m pretty sure that once season 2 is up and we’re rolling on to season 3 and season 4 and so forth, the content will begin to pile up. Also, there was a recent interview I believe where ArenaNet vaguely hinted that their goal was to add new maps as part of living world and make that more of a primary focus than it was in season 1.

(Note: I interpreted it as a vague hint, but nobody in the gaming press seemed to catch it. So keep in mind I just interpreted the article as them hinting at that, so take what I say with a grain of salt if you must.)

Heck, the “Season 2 will be returning!” literally shows a portal in-front of the gate to Fort Vandal. (Although the website glitched for me recently, I still remember what the image looked like.)

On the one hand, you demand the source for the decreasing number of players ( you argue that the continuous revenue drop of GW2 doesn’t support the claim, which is wrong on your part, obviously ) but at the same time your “best argument” for the increasing number of players is that “you feel the population grows”. Wow, that’s some terrible logic on your part. I’m surprised people even bother writing such funny comments.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Content Please

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

They are attempting to do this with LS. People just do not like it for whatever reason. With the changes to the season list in your hero menu, all this content is not only replayable by anyone at anytime, but also has it’s own achievements. I do not know what people expect to get out of an expansion that cannot be delivered via the LS. Anyway, I am not against an expansion. I just feel that the current model will provide the same content more efficiently.

The key word in your statement is “attempting”. The effort they put in LS2 compared to LS1 is huge: this story is far far better (I’m addicted to this game’s lore). Yet, players need something to transform their character: new skills, fighting styles, etc. Achievements are not that important (to me), because I don’t feel like repeating content “because I have to”, I would prefer to unlock some achievements during my first play and go “holy Grenth, I missed one!” rather than go “I just finish this part, gotta do it once or twice more to finally get something”.

As a comparison, I wouldn’t mind having the whole Elona part delivered on a two-year timespan if I can take my character from Crystal Desert to Kamadan. Yet, as far as now, we didn’t get meaningful things outside the gem shop. While I have paid for some stuff (flesh is weak), I don’t feel like buying anything more: my characters are somewhat the same, in somehow the same maps (only one awesome map), so I don’t wanna pay further if it’s not invested.

If Anet delivers a race and a profession during the Living Story, and some new skills and weapons, the opinion of the Living Story will change drastically.

It’s not that Anet could or couldn’t. It’s that so far, they haven’t. At least they’ve introduced a new zone. It’s a start.

I do agree. LS2 is far better than LS1, and adding a map is a good starting point. However, to some (me included), the pace seem a bit too slow: while we are sometimes barely affected by the changes they’ve made so far, our characters are doing the same things over and over again. Introducing new skills, for example, could be easy: while going into Maguuma Jungle, we discover new people with unknown skills, and we’ll have a tiny mission to do/a tiny fee to pay to unlock it.

It is time to get some things done: there are 5 more dragons to kill, and at this rate, I don’t think we’ll be done before 2030… I assume I would be done by that time ^^

Yes, ‘attempting’ is the operative word. My point is, that no one is giving the devs a chance to do this. They responded to all the people screaming ‘permanent content’ and still do not get recognized for the complete redesign of the game to accommodate those people. Everything in LS is now permanent. Major maps have changed and are slowly returning to a different state. That’s how it is guys, NYC wasn’t rebuilt overnight from 9/11, it’s taken years to get back to form. In game disasters are going to move at similar speeds.

The ‘fact’ that is not enough is a personal opinion. If the same cohort now screams that, and demands a content expansion, then they will start to make an expansion, or spend more time on an expansion, and let the game stagnate even more. More time wasted to do this rather than giving us a steady stream of updates. Personally, the problem with this game isn’t that the devs do not listen to us, as far as I’m concerned they listen to much and mistakenly think that those that complain the loudest really have everyone’s interest at heart.

Why do we have the current ‘outrage’ over a patch that changed the game in a way the devs found from players who are leaving in the hopes that they would stay? Because ‘no one asked us for permission’. Let’s wait and see how new players react. I’m certain if they hate it, move on, etc. there will be further refinements.

Content Please

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

LMAO! We’ll see.

Here you go. Game not even released yet and already developing more permanent content than gw2 has gotten in two years.

Doesn’t the first paragraph in that article state ‘when or if’ said content ever makes it to the Western version? I’m confused when you say the game hasn’t even launched yet, but the article talks about the Korean version of the game. Maybe I just don’t understand Korean MMOs and their Western counterparts. =/

Content Please

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

LMAO! We’ll see.

Doesn’t the first paragraph in that article state ‘when or if’ said content ever makes it to the Western version? I’m confused when you say the game hasn’t even launched yet, but the article talks about the Korean version of the game. Maybe I just don’t understand Korean MMOs and their Western counterparts. =/

Game releases in Korea. After that it gets regular updates in Korea.

Meanwhile in the West: Game gets prepared for launch (a kittenload of work).

At release in the West, the Korean version has been updated with content patches. Some early updates might make it in the release (I think AA starts with version 1.2 in the western world) others have still to be prepared for launch (like you know, most people just don’t speak Korean outside of Korea).

So people know what content already exists and can be certain, that this content will be released – in time.

ANet releases GW2 in China. The game is more or less the same old same since launch. China release version is pretty much the same as the Western one.
Yeah, GW2 is pretty stale…

Content Please

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I just checked out Archeage and it looks pretty good. From the youtube, it looks almost like GW

Actually it is called in the games forum often “QueueAge” and for a lot of people it is not F2P (free to play) but F2Q (free to queue) and even paying customers (patrons etc…) have to wait 1-2 hours or longer in queue after log on before they can play (or get a disconnect during waiting…).

Greetings.

Content Please

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I just checked out Archeage and it looks pretty good. From the youtube, it looks almost like GW

Actually it is called in the games forum often “QueueAge” and for a lot of people it is not F2P (free to play) but F2Q (free to queue) and even paying customers (patrons etc…) have to wait 1-2 hours or longer in queue after log on before they can play (or get a disconnect during waiting…).

Greetings.

That just means a lot of people are playing. Give it some time and it should get better.
I haven’t tried it myself, and haven’t looked much into it. I do have it downloading now though.

Content Please

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Greetings.

That just means a lot of people are playing. Give it some time and it should get better.
I haven’t tried it myself, and haven’t looked much into it. I do have it downloading now though.

It means: There are not enough servers for the players. It is Trion. I saw this issues with Rift in the past. They put not enough servers online because they want to sell items for money so that you do not have to wait so long in queue (patron status etc…). And after weeks/months when more and more player are leaving, they merge servers and a lot of people have to rename their chars.

Greetings.

Content Please

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The fact of the matter is the content is not coming at a pace that many people find acceptable. This can be for many different reasons, none of which anyone posting here really knows for certain and Anet isn’t telling anyone so it’s all supposition.
At the end of the day be it priority changes or lack of resources the fact is many aren’t happy with this. This forum represents only small part of the player base bit I can tell you that in my experience reading almost every site I can find on GW2 the opinion is exactly the same, not enough content.

When it’s all said and done only Anet and NCSoft will know what the reasons really were or the losses are I can only speak from experience and say that every person from my former guild, all other friends and family members with the exception of my wife and I are gone. Is it just one type of content , no it’s in all areas of this game based on my feedback, so the bottom line in my mind is pretty obvious, this game lacks in content. If there isn’t anything major in the pipeline and soon it’ll continue losing players because not everyone is happy being kept in the dark and supporting a game without any idea of what they can expect down the road. More and more are going to stop pouring money into a game that cannot clearly and openly define their goals and long term plans trusting that the majority of the player base will accept the occasional falter during development.

I can’t speak for others only myself and those I am close to but they have all told me the same thing and I feel the same way, “there is very little in the current game that keeps me logging in and without any data on what’s coming why should I buy gems and re-invest”. They can’t trust giving their players the information what loyalty does anyone really owe them at this point, and why should I continue to throw money at them…in the hopes that one day they’ll actually use it to make more content that sold me on it in the first place, not going to happen. I’m far more inclined to support a company that is open with their plans.

One final note, I’ve already said and I’m sure many would agree, especially looking at recent feedback and surveys; I would be happy to pour more money into the game with just the announcement and rough time table that an expansion is coming, hell I’d prepay for it now and buy $100 worth of gems just to know for certain it’s on it’s way. Until then I won’t spend anymore money on “Trust me” or “We can’t talk about it right now” etc. Show some confidence in your player base and it’ll go a long way in winning back some trust and support.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Content Please

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Another thing from GW I wish they had kept was the Missions. They were basically Dungeons that you HAD to do to progress the story. What we have now for Dungeons is you have to do the story version to unlock the other paths but they aren’t mandatory for the MAIN story-line of the game. This also promoted teamwork and helped in making friends in-game. Not to mention most dungeons are just on farm and if you don’t have a meta-build you’ll be kicked.

If they do that they better force you in dungeons at level 1, so that i don’t even
bother to start with the story. Bad enough that i played the story to 80 to note
that i will never finish it because i simply have no interest in instanced dungeons
with overpowered mobs.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Content Please

sonicwhip.9052

LMAO! We’ll see.

The game has released in Korea almost 2 years ago and has been getting a constant stream of massive and permanent new content on a regular basis. It has just released in NA today and will be getting all these content update and future updates when the American publisher finishes translating and westernizing the new content.
GW2 released about 2 years ago and has gotten next to nothing in terms of new content.

Content Please

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Haha .. even if your ingame you still have to wait in more queues at Quest NPCs

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.