Controller support

Controller support

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SnowLily.3752

SnowLily.3752

Is there a reason this game doesnt have controller support because most mmo’s out there now have it. And right now i’m using xpadder for it and it is very clunky. I just wanted to know if there is a reason why they have addressed this.

Controller support

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

With the action camera and just ten skills it should be pretty easy to map. idk if there are mods that allow this or not.

I do remember NCSoft talking about some deal with PlayStation awhile back, but nothing came from it. GW2 is streamlined enough for console/controllers, I think.

Controller support

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

no gw2 on consoles, nope nope nope nope not happening ever. and use a mouse and keyboard like a civilised human adult.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Controller support

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I use Xpadder to keybind my Xbox360 controller. If ArenaNet made Controller Support that crap would destory my playstyle unless you can turn-off controller support so I can continue using my Xpadder profile.

I recommend you check out Xpadder.

Controller support

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is there a reason this game doesnt have controller support because most mmo’s out there now have it. And right now i’m using xpadder for it and it is very clunky. I just wanted to know if there is a reason why they have addressed this.

There have been some threads over the years. The reasons amount to:

• It’s designed for PC, not for game boxes.
  • It’s a distraction to the development of the rest of the game.
  • People write third-party software to address the issue.

People who love controllers hate these reasons; people who hate controllers can’t see the issue.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Controller support

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I don’t think consoles could handle things like world events where every player shows up at once. I have a pretty good computer and my FPS still tanks when everyone is on the screen casting spells at the same time. Consoles would like, freeze or something.

Controller support

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Not sure if it’s necessary. Someone I play with almost every day plays on a controller, even raids with it.

Controller support

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I can play almost any game with my PS3 controller
haven’t tried this game, but I imagine it would be decent with action camera, as long as I don’t need to use ground targeted skills on arbitrary locations. like Shadowstep