Cool Looking Medium Armor Sets (Thief)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Q:

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying to find a cool armour set for my Thief, and unfortunately I didn’t choose Whispers, quite stupidly admittingly, but what’s happened has happened xD

So what armour sets would you guys say look good? I know it may seem trivial but aesthetics mean a huge amount to me in MMOs, so its greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Baws.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Race and Gender…?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Sylvari and Male.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Attached is my forum sig that has my char. My gear is as follows:
Head: Starter hood
Shoulders: Vigil
Chest: Human Cultural T3
Gloves: Vigil
Leggings: Human Cultural T3
Boots: Human Cultural T3

Dye colors: Graphite and Midnight Blue

edit The sig was made for a black background, so it may not look as good on the white forums here. =P

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

If you’re looking for the Sylvari-ish look, mix your tier 3 cultural withTwilight Arbor armor, you can get a nice look from that.

If you’re going for a traditional thief-y thing, the Crucible of Eternity armor is neat.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

1: Start a new character.
2: Run through the personal story until you choose an Order.
3: Join Whispers and buy a set of medium armor.
4: Use two sets of silver transmute crystals to change soulbound Order armor to account bound white armor, then apply white Order armor to your main character.

Yes, it works, I’ve done it myself. Priory medium armor is pretty cool, too. My favorite is Norn cultural armor, but unfortunately the racial requirement can’t be removed.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

AC body piece since it’s in the 1% of medium armor that fit Sylvari males correctly.

Then Racial for the rest.

Personally I like Priory armor the most out of the Order Medium. Looks really cool once you dye it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Sylvari and Male.

For my Sylvari male med armor, though is a ranger, I went with T2 cultural. I don’t know what starting equipment for thief Sylvari can choose from. But for human male thief, there is the open hood which is unique looking to the other head armor and looks good.

For my thief, I didn’t care for much of the whispers offerings, apart from the shoulders with the three daggers attached (imo nice for my d/d stealth thief). For the rest of that mix set, it looks the same as the human elite skill thieves. I have three sets of armor, but two identical to the human elite skill thieves (one even the color, swamp grass if I recall) and the other with the mix and match as I described, including the same body armor but just different hood and shoulders. If you go that rout, I’d suggest midnight ice and then various detail colors as you see fit, works well on that armor.

Also, you can google the armor sets, how they look on the model. There was a good gw2 wiki page on it (link shows up on google), shows all armor sets for medium armor. Such as I just used it to find the right light armor for my Asura.

Posted by: zidane.5194

zidane.5194

I am using the Errol armor on my sylvari female thief, it is one of the level 80 named sets and i think there is a cheaper version of it

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Sylvari Cultural even T2 medium is great for a thief. I also really like the CoE and Hotw sets.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: crossoverAtt.9680

crossoverAtt.9680

Unfortunately there is a lot of ugly medium armor, especially on the high end. I ended up going with transmutations of Rascal and Outlaw armor over my exotic emblazoned for my Sylvari male. Hardly rare, but it fit the role I imagined.

The Sylvari cultural is one of the best sets out there, but it’s not for everyone.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m human female, but I went hotw chest, pirate hat, ta gloves, scout legs, dragon boots (I like how the bottom of the boot is different colored. With scout legs all you see is the lower half). I’m still trying to decide on shoulders.

For my thief, I went with a kind of steampunk vibe and used the engi starter helm, the chest is the one with the white puffy undershirt (can’t remember name off hand) and the gloves with the fingertips being a different color (again, forget name).

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I have the same character as you, I went with the Gem Store armor (the last one to come out). Looks decent and almost every piece has 4 dye slots so you can customize very nicely.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.