Cool skins? you are a guardian or a warrior

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Will we get good dagger, pistols, rifles skins?

I play mainly as a thief, and i found all dagger design really poor.

Am i the only one that thinks that Anet only focus on warriors and guardians?

Swords, 2H-Sword and shields has the best skins and the game.

I mean i know that 2H-Sword size make easier to appreciate a design and is harder to achieve thisa with a dagger . . .

The same happens with armors . . . heavy armors looks awesome . . . light and medium . . . well you already know.

Is this going to continue? are you focusing all the power of your company to create a perfect warrior class in every aspect while you forget about others?

Any opinion will be highly appreciated.

Posted by: saden.6942

saden.6942

For weapons it seems you already hit the nail on the head: the smaller weapons are going to get less attention because there isn’t much to them while the larger weapons get more because there’s more to work with. Also, there are some great focus, swords, maces, etc. skins.

For armor I’m not entirely sure. Heavy Armor is metal so perhaps it’s easier and more fun to design where as with Light/Medium armor it’s a cloth and they have to keep true to the material’s ability to function (metal is rigid whereas cloth is not). I think there are some great mix-and-match capabilities with any armor type though. To be honest, I made a Sylvari Guard and I HATE the way he looks. Human-heavy armor characters look the best in this game. . . at least in my opinion. I’ll stick with my Sylvari though.

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

….you are trying to say that thief can’t use sword or what…and you aren’t going to design but size and how often people can see it, ill tell you right here that the best designed legendary is spear…and legendary dagger is way better designed then GS.

as of armor, tbh its all about personal taste. what you want to make light and med look like heavy with all those shiny metal and horns?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I do not find a bias toward any armor class, and I think the reason for certain weapons getting attention has more to do with the number of professions that can use it, as well as scaling for detail.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Swords are fine, and also legendary dagger.

But effects on weapons are way beyong better in other weapons.

The new 2H sword woth bats is really cool, why we dagger users can not have something like that?

i do really understand that the smaller the weapon is, harder to show effects.

But come on is time to hace cool daggers, pistols, rifles, axes, short bows, equaly to other weapon types.

I wish i know more english to explain myself, i know you get my main idea of this topic.

I do love this game, i just want more mature and cool efects on my items.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Saw a thief running around with two legendary daggers, looked pretty cool… ^^

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Another thing is that medium armor skins are quite lackluster compared to heavy and light.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Mesmers and Rangers can both have GS.

Mesmer, Ranger, Thief can all have Sword. Mesmers can even have 2 Swords.

Engineers can have Shields.
(please do not argue about Engineer, i know about the kits problem and i feel for you)

You can easily make a Mesmer(and a viable one too) with GS + Sw/Sw combinations.
(Please dont argue about GS sucking compared to Staff etc etc, viable =/= optimal)

As for making a viable Ranger, dont ask me.