Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: decease.3215

decease.3215

i read somewhere online, that anet buff this.. to master quality.. is that true? thinking about getting it, but if its just a unlimited normal salvage kit.. doesn’t seem worth the gem..to me at least..

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Nope it’s basic. I think it was accidentally buffed for a bit but then they reversed it.

decease.3215

Nope it’s basic. I think it was accidentally buffed for a bit but then they reversed it.

cool many thanks.. good thing i didn’t buy it. ty =)

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Even if it’s basic it’s well worth it

vvuevv

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Even if it’s basic it’s well worth it

Well worth it, IMO the most singular item in the store worth its price, everything else is fluff and garbage that is grossly overpriced.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I use so basic salvage kits for all my magic find. Well worth it for sure.

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I have repeated Agent of Entropy aroud 60 times with this, so indeed it is worth it.

decease.3215

hmm how is it worth it?? i mean salvage kit come in 25 stack.. carry 100 only take 4 slot.. plus as you salvage it goes down pretty fast.. before you run out you will surely find an npc to resupply them..

as for function, it cost 3 copper per use, which is almost exactly the same of basic salvage kit per unit price…

hmm confusing…someone please explain, thanks

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

hmm how is it worth it?? i mean salvage kit come in 25 stack.. carry 100 only take 4 slot.. plus as you salvage it goes down pretty fast.. before you run out you will surely find an npc to resupply them..

as for function, it cost 3 copper per use, which is almost exactly the same of basic salvage kit per unit price…

Its .5 cheaper overall so in the end it pays itself off. (I have used it well over 1000 times) so i saved over 500c so far and it hasn’t even been out over a year. On top of that it takes only 1 slot rather than your 4 slots. Also don’t need to run to a merchant to buy more kits.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Some people salvage alot, i have over 120k in total. I bought it for pure convenience but at some point that half a copper per salvage also makes a difference.

When account magic find got introduced, i had over 14k blues and greens for pick up on the tp, that would have meant i would have to buy 5 basic kits, go to the tp, pick up gear, salvage my whole bag inventory and rinse and repeat for over 100 times. I still salvage over 2k items per week minimum and its great ot have the salvage o matic.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

It’s a QoL thing, cost about the same per use but takes up less slots in your bags, it’s a convenience nothing more or less, I have a couple of them and find it easier to just leave one on my main and transfer the other from alt to alt along with the unlimited tools I also own. There really isn’t a ROI from use but like I said just more convenient than looking for a NPC when your running low on salvage kits, of course you still need higher level kits to salvage rares and exotics.

decease.3215

Its .5 cheaper overall so in the end it pays itself off. (I have used it well over 1000 times) so i saved over 500c so far and it hasn’t even been out over a year. On top of that it takes only 1 slot rather than your 4 slots. Also don’t need to run to a merchant to buy more kits.

yea..but the item is like 60g+.. you save like 0.5 copper per use…. likely will take few years of dedicate usage to cover up the price…

btw.. 1g = 10000 copper.. this kit is 800gem, which is like 65G+ at current price..

65g = 650000 copper / 0.5 (unit saving) = 130,0000

say you salvage 100 per day.. it will take 13000 days or 35 years to cover up the cost.. sure if you salvage 1000 a day it only take 3.5 years.. but can you really salvage 1000 per day??

(edited by decease.3215)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you will have over 300% mf before it pays itself off.
800 gems = 68g = 680,000c / 0.52c cheaper per use = 1,307,692 uses
it takes 4,295,450 luck to get to 300% mf / you get ~10 luck per blue item = 429,545 blue items.
It’s purely a convenience item.
TLDR: you will get 300% mf at least three times before recouping the cost of buying the infinite kit.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

yea..but the item is like 60g+.. you save like 0.5 copper per use…. likely will take few years of dedicate usage to cover up the price…

btw.. 1g = 10000 copper.. this kit is 800gem, which is like 65G+ at current price..

say you salvage 100 per day.. it will take 13000 days or 35 years to cover up the cost.. sure if you salvage 1000 a day it only take 3.5 years.. but can you really salvage 1000 per day??

Overall it’s more about convenience/efficiently than cost-savings.

If you want to get 300% MF through ectos for example, you absolutely need to get the kit to save you any personal injuries.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Reeeally wish they’d make one that’s equivalent to at least a Fine salvage kit. Basic kit is a bit insulting (to me, anyway), but to have some of the higher drop chances would be worth the gem investment.

wink, nudge, ANet

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Reeeally wish they’d make one that’s equivalent to at least a Fine salvage kit. Basic kit is a bit insulting (to me, anyway), but to have some of the higher drop chances would be worth the gem investment.

wink, nudge, ANet

The xx% chance of rarer materials on the various salvage kits is bugged.
So only if a better salvage o matic would also give a higher chance to recover upgrades, it would be feasable.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Blanger.3162

wink, nudge, ANet

Agreed, but there is always the chance they will upgrade the existing units to fine status, then again why would they if they could sell another as a silver-fed-salvage-o-matic for 1000 gems. (I really wish I would have not said that!)

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

The ability to salvage more than 25 items at a time is win in my book… especially while salvaging a stack of 250 cloth scraps.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

You forget one key part to you’re equation : the value of Time.

Stopping, going to a shop, buying kits repeatedly stacks up in Time.
Ill use myself as an example. I usually buy 4 kits a time (100 salvage) I easily go through 500 if i play my normal 4 -6 hours (a lot more on the weekends)

so thats at least 5 stops at a shop just to pick up kits.
Thats not a lot of time, butover the course of a week, thats stopping what you’re doing 35 times just to go and buy more kits.
Apply that over a month and thats probably close to 200 times (accounting the more stoppage time during weekends)

Now, for the most part, it costs money to visit a shop unless you walk (let be real America, we are lazy, I ain’t walking any where if theres a kit seller right next to a WP)

200 times the average cost of a WP which is what? 1s or so? so roughly 2 gold a month just to VISIT the guy selling kits ON TOP of the valuable time lost

Who knows man, that precursor could have dropped if you continued farming instead of stopping to go get some kits. =)

This thing is worth it, no doubt about it. ITs a quality of life upgrade. If you have the gems and have nothing better to spend it on and play enough to where you are constantly salvaging a ton of stuff, this is a wise investment, otherwise, just take the gold from the gems lol.

But this infinite kit is for sure worth it when you factor in the value of TIME.

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

So worth the gems spent on it. I get more gold if I keep farming then when I go back and forth to a shop. I keep on my path, I don’t lose time, and I don’t waist space only one slot used the whole time.

And I noticed hes a chatty little automatic thing. The other kits don’t have such a personality

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Now, I shall break you.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Blanger.3162

Now, for the most part, it costs money to visit a shop unless you walk (let be real America, we are lazy, I ain’t walking any where if theres a kit seller right next to a WP)

200 times the average cost of a WP which is what? 1s or so? so roughly 2 gold a month just to VISIT the guy selling kits ON TOP of the valuable time lost

Thank you Sir,

By adding in the travel costs to get to a shop selling salvage kits the Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic now does have a ROI! (we won’t mention that precursor drop we would have missed)

Posted by: thomasgjkgwdn.4760

thomasgjkgwdn.4760

what about mystic forge kits though?

decease.3215

Thank you Sir,

By adding in the travel costs to get to a shop selling salvage kits the Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic now does have a ROI! (we won’t mention that precursor drop we would have missed)

that is not really true.. most people have 15~18 slot bag, usually your gameplay will not fill up your entire bag.. usually you never need to wp just to get salvage kit.. carry like 10 of them in your bag and salvage anything drop out..

soon or later you will need to visit town or repair.. and when doing that you can resupply salvage kit..

p.s. if you are salvage 250 stack of material why are you doing this in the wild.. should have just do it beside a npc vendor.. they are all around in every map..

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

I am in a huuuuge WvW battle, but my inventory is full! I will use my basic kit on some of these blues… oh no, I have no kits! All of this loot will go to waste….

I am in a huuuuge WvW battle, but my inventory is full! I will chop up every single blue with my Salvage-o-Matic, then pick up all the loot on the ground, chop it up, pick more loot, chop it up.

If I was using basic kits, my issue would be carrying kits and buying them. When I use the O-Matic, my issue is having too much mithril for the bank to hold.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^ Carrying O-Matic through 14 dungeon paths in a single evening. My only issue is several runes and stacks of mats by the end of the day :\

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

They could always come out with a Black Lion level salvage-o-matic that costs 1gem a piece

HA… ok.. maybe 10 Gems… this is a cash shop dream item

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

You are ignoring the fact that these kits save time. Aside from the QoL aspect — you’re wasting time by switching kits every 25 items and going to the merchant to buy the kits; that’s time you could have been making money or having fun.

What value do you assign to your time? It shouldn’t be lower than ~5g/h, and it might be much higher.

(edited by linuxotaku.4731)

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Am I the only one that try to use crude to MF300?

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I actually bought 2 of these. 1 for main & another for leveling alts. Saves me so much time either way, so greatly worth it to me!

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Am I the only one that try to use crude to MF300?

Quality of kit does not affect salvaging, I believe – at least, only in terms of salvaging ectos. Not sure with salvaging weapons/armors.

If you look at the wiki research data, the amount of luck and dust you get from salvaging ectos is largely the same across kits. I wish I had known this before I wasted forge stones on 4000 mystic kits.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Hands down, it’s one of the best items I’ve spent gems on.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage