Copper fed kit & general concern PoF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

I was in Path of Fire for a few minutes.

I ended up with some white gear, blue gear, contracts, karma tokens, yellow salvage items, keys, crafting materials, junk, collection item and unidentified.

If I right click my copper fed salvage kit to salvage all green and below, it will salvage the unidentified. This is wrong. This is also not space/time saving because ID STILL splits out into your bags. You also have to sort through everything before salvaging to make sure you don’t salvage unidentified.

To get to ID, you have to clear a heart (which resets daily) and pay 1 silver 63 copper PER item. I opened 7 and got greens, crafting materials and one exotic mace with a skin & a nice stat set I’ve never seen before. If I just salvage everything, I might salvage rare/exotics/collection items and never get any of the new skins. I have to hope that fractals will not start dropping unidentified ascended.

It made dealing with loot more complicated/costly and reduced the value of the copper fed kit.

In addition, import things (pet items, id function, recipes) are locked behind hearts that RESET daily, behind collections and behind bounties. With that and dailies for every zone and new resource gathering to get gear stats you can’t get with laurels, guild missions, fractals, pvp or wvw, it’s all BUSY work.

I much preferred the game when it was a living story with frequent new and big events/happenings and less busy work. Even in HoT everyone seems so busy and separate outside of raids/guild missions.

I know this is only a demo, and I have yet to see the full game, but with game set to release 9/22, I don’t see how any of this will change.

(edited by Zoria.1392)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Unidentified loot is a terrible, terrible idea.