Cost of Crafting

Cost of Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dark Magition Kitty.8204

Dark Magition Kitty.8204

Can there be something done the cost is just sky rocketing. Can u lower some of the totals needed for the upper tear stuff? Just to craft an top tier exotic set or armor is around 100 Gold at the moment.

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

by top tier do you mean zerker set ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

By top tier means Everything level 80. Ever since they added the patches, not only is the oiled armor sets expensive, but the exotic standard sets have become ridiculous as well. Those who can afford to buy their go;d may not think anything of it, but there are players who cannot. Ascended has even doubled in price since I made my sets, all because of the new mats Anet added. Of course player gouging also in the market.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prices have actually been coming down.

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Noble.3125

Noble.3125

Seriously can people stop complaining about everything, Anet already handing grapes on plater to everyone. You want exotic armor, do dungeons or pvp reward or wvw reward tracks. You want ascended armor do fractals and in no time yiu will have enough armor chests to mf appropriate stats. Cheers!

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

or, just buy the cheaper named set exotics. only cost around 3/4g each.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

Seriously can people stop complaining about everything, Anet already handing grapes on plater to everyone. You want exotic armor, do dungeons or pvp reward or wvw reward tracks. You want ascended armor do fractals and in no time yiu will have enough armor chests to mf appropriate stats. Cheers!

I don’t know what fractals are you talking about, but if it is the same i’m doing everyday, Than no time means months to have maybe one piece that you can later change the stats to it. Or am I doing something wrong? i don’t see an ascended drop in months

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

One way I’ve avoided buying or crafting exotic armour* over the last few years is to take the character who will needthe armour, and play the standard core PvE maps I like best, or fancy playing on, and level the character whilst completing those particular maps, ensuring I do as many events as possible. When I hit 80, I hoof it to Orr, and run across the maps (catching key waypoints, skill points on the way), and get to the Temple of Grenth (zerker stats), in which I use the karma the character has earned to buy the exotic armour. Any of the other temples are fine, too, it just depends on what stats you want. Then, I will make do with that armour until it needs upgraded/I have the corresponding ascended piece. Thereafter, I’ll just keep the set around, for different purposes, for example, with speedy type runes on for gathering node runs, or for fashion.

Downside is you can’t salvage temple armour if you don’t want to keep it, and of course if you want different stats from what the temples offer, then the whole suggestion is moot.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Orrian Temples used to be the standard way to get exotic armour (I thought it still was). At least the first set. Then for additional stat combinations you’d use dungon tokens, WvW badges and maybe craft occasional pieces later on when you’d collected enough materials.

I’ve got 5 level 80 characters and I’ve only ever crafted 1 set of equipment, and that was because I wanted Celestial stats. I’ve crafted odd pieces too because I wanted a skin that wasn’t available another way (like the Primordius and Corrupted daggers for my ele’s fire and ice theme). But most of them are using karma or WvW equipment.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Gather all the mats you come across. Salvage everything you loot. On the TP sell the mats you can’t use for what you’re crafting and use that gold to buy the ones you can. The only thing crafting costs is time.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Gather all the mats you come across. Salvage everything you loot. On the TP sell the mats you can’t use for what you’re crafting and use that gold to buy the ones you can. The only thing crafting costs is time.

~EW

say that to the ascended gear im wanting to get.

im bad at sarcasm

Cost of Crafting

EphemeralWallaby.7643

~EW

say that to the ascended gear im wanting to get.

Hello Sophiewhite’s ascended gear! I’d like you to meet EW’s Celestial Ascended Gear that he’s crafting…. It’s Celestial Ascended Gear of at least one of everything; weapons and armor. It’s a large project, but nearly all of the mats he’s collected he’s bought by selling the other mats he loots and gathers. He’s crafted much of it already, but there are still many pieces yet to go.

So, hang in there Sophiewhite’s ascended gear, you’ll get there one day!

~EW

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Orrian Temples used to be the standard way to get exotic armour (I thought it still was).

Still is. See: Temple Armor

Exotic Options are Cleric’s, Rampager’s, Magi’s, Berserker’s, Rabid, & Soldier’s armor and Rabid, Cavalier, Soldier’s, and Magi’s trinkets. (Not salvageable, so you can’t recover runes applied.) Costs a lot of karma: 252,000 per armor set, 210,000 for five trinkets (Rings x2, Accessories x2, and Backpack).

Another great option is using Badges of Honor to buy it in WvW. Exotic options are Soldier’s (aka Invader’s), Knight’s, Carrion, Cleric’s, Berserker’s, and Rabid. Full set costs 950 badges and 5g 44s. (As I recall, this can be salvaged now, although there’s little point unless you used an expensive rune.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Not all armor stats are available via badges, or karma. So if you want Assassins, Sinister, Marauder’s or Viper (Or any other uncommon set), gonna be pretty pricey. I think the HoT story rewards one Viper armor chest, so you could do that 6 times I guess…

Cost of Crafting

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Orrian Temples used to be the standard way to get exotic armour (I thought it still was).

Still is. See: Temple Armor

Exotic Options are Cleric’s, Rampager’s, Magi’s, Berserker’s, Rabid, & Soldier’s armor and Rabid, Cavalier, Soldier’s, and Magi’s trinkets. (Not salvageable, so you can’t recover runes applied.) Costs a lot of karma: 252,000 per armor set, 210,000 for five trinkets (Rings x2, Accessories x2, and Backpack).

Another great option is using Badges of Honor to buy it in WvW. Exotic options are Soldier’s (aka Invader’s), Knight’s, Carrion, Cleric’s, Berserker’s, and Rabid. Full set costs 950 badges and 5g 44s. (As I recall, this can be salvaged now, although there’s little point unless you used an expensive rune.)

Those are both great suggestions for alternative ways to obtain exotics… but like the ascended comments above, they’re a bit off-topic.

The OP was commenting on the cost to craft exotics. And, I do think that if someone is buying every mat they need then they’re definitely not crafting in a cost-effective way. Without checking if the OP’s 100g estimate is true (which for medium armor or HoT stats I could see it), it still shouldn’t take a ton of time to gather mats enough to sell for the mats that are needed even if you only do so while out doing normal stuff. Exotics aren’t resource-intensive items to craft.

Time is gold, and if you want to speed up the time you spend more gold. You don’t want to (or can’t) spend as much gold, well that just means the time it takes is going to increase. But, it’s not an insurmountable barrier even to new players. The OP’s 100g estimate is on the extreme end of crafting where exists instant gratification.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Prices have actually been coming down.

This. Other than maybe T6 leather prices have been dropping since the patch. Elder wood is down 25% in price, ectos are down about the same amount. It’s hard to say if we’ve hit the new equilibrium, but compared to a month ago it’s far cheaper.

Cost of Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

T6 Leather is the reason crafted exotic armor jumped so high. The insignias require it now for all types and supply was very low.

Server: Devona’s Rest