Costume / Hat maker and rare items in the material storage?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Much like I did in Guild Wars 1, I bought a ton of storage slots and extra bag slots for my main characters already. Between keeping costumes I’ve purchased, rare materials, and extra materials that I’ve filled the slot for in the materials tab, transmute weapons and the like, I have virtually no storage space.

First up: rare material storage.

In Guild Wars 1 we were able to store all materials – even the rare ones – in the material storage. The ability to do this would open up roughly 2 entire bank slots for me. Is there any word on adding a “Rare” section to the current tab, or adding a tab for rare materials?

If not, how come? We had it in Guild Wars 1, it makes sense to have them again since the need for it is obviously there.

Second, and my main point of the thread: costumes and hat storage.

In Guild Wars 1 there were NPCs that took in festival hats and costumes purchased or acquired and would serve as a storage / distributor for the costumes and hats you’ve unlocked or purchased on your account.

This would solve 2 issues.
1) having the ability to wear the costumes on all characters at once without mucking around with the bank,
2) save slots in the bank by bringing back the separate NPC storage means of holding our hats and costumes.

This is a serious issue. Myself and many other players who have purchased multiple bank slots are literally out of space because of the rare materials and costumes. I know for a fact I am not going to delete the costumes I paid for to create space, nor should I be required to.

I am not going to leave the costumes on one character or another because all of the town clothes on my characters match the personality of the character and regular armor scheme. It’s the way I choose to play.

I’m hoping that the lack of these features aren’t a money grab to get us to buy more storage slots and just a matter of other matters taking priority.

I’m just hoping to get an official Dev response on whether or not these are actually in the works or confirmed to not come at all. I can’t see a reason why they wouldn’t bring these features back to the new game, but we’ll see what they do.

What do you, the players think? I know most GW1 players would agree that the convenience and awesome ability to acquire any of your unlocked hats and costumes would be a welcomed feature to return to Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

I’m just hoping they add xunlai chest in the Cantha expansion and have those be the costume storage, either that or just bring the NPC from GW1 back. And yeah, why the HELL aren’t rare materials able to be held in storage? This makes zero sense to me.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m not sure why these things aren’t in the game. There are bankers now so I doubt the Xunlai chests will return. There are 2 in the HoM for old time remembrance’s sake. I’m pretty confidant that with bankers, the chests will remain hidden away in the HoM.

Though I could be wrong and I wouldn’t scoff at their return. My biggest concerns are the lack of storage available for our festive items (which over the years will pile up) and rare materials. Right now I have 2 costumes and 4 misc pieces of town clothes: both Halloween costumes, devil horns, boxing gloves, the awesome hood, and the promotional Arena Net hat.

Those costumes alone take up 14 bank slots. Just think of upcoming events (Christmas?) that add costumes and other cool style based items. They will pile up to outrageous storages spaces.

I’d be surprised if they didn’t bring it back, but this thread is for 2 things: hoping Anet pops in and gives an official answer, and providing Anet at the very least with a vocal request from a good number of players for the return of these features.

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

I agree, there should be Rare Material slots in the bank and a Festival Hats NPC.

Arenanet kinda took a step backwards with not including these things as they were in the first game, but I’m not doubting that they have plans to add these features in an update in the near future.

I support 100%, but I’m sure this post would fit better in the Suggestions Forum. I suppose it will get more views here until it’s possibly moved, so the more support the better.

§ky

TehPwnerer.7215

That was my thinking, Sky. It’s a suggestion as well as a “What do the rest of the players think?” thread.

TehPwnerer.7215

Heading off to bed for now, hopefully more people comment later in the day, thanks!

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

These sound like good idea, and I hope Anet listens to this thread. Both a costume bank tab and a rare item bank tab are desperately needed.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

TehPwnerer.7215

Not even a bank “tab” necessarily. In Guild Wars 1 there was an NPC that did it for you. Took in new hats and costumes respectively and then for a fee (10c would be the GW2 equivalent of the fee, I imagine) would give you a copy of the hats you have acquired.

Costumes were free.

A bank tab wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Really anything that allows us to store our costumes is something I’d embrace.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

In addition, I know they’ll never do it (it’ll affect the economy and probably kill the sale of fine transmutation stones from the store), but I would love it if they adopted the “Style” system from DCUO, where once you’ve unlocked an armour style, you can apply it whenever you like to whatever you like for no cost, therefore building up an extensive and awesome wardrobe.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

TehPwnerer.7215

In addition, I know they’ll never do it (it’ll affect the economy and probably kill the sale of fine transmutation stones from the store), but I would love it if they adopted the “Style” system from DCUO, where once you’ve unlocked an armour style, you can apply it whenever you like to whatever you like for no cost, therefore building up an extensive and awesome wardrobe.

Yeah that is all pretty doubtful especially with the way the transmute features are set up. But thank you on your opinion for the point of the thread.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

drive me absolitely nuts that all my crafted crafting materials don’t have a storage place of their own. Especially with cooking stuff, because crafted componants don’t out-level like other professions.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The only reason they did this was because they want us to buy gems, to buy additional bank and/or bag slots.

I hope they at least try to make a costume maker NPC.

TehPwnerer.7215

The only reason they did this was because they want us to buy gems, to buy additional bank and/or bag slots.

I hope they at least try to make a costume maker NPC.

Yeah like I said I could definitely see this as a reason why they wouldn’t give us these things. But for players like me and countless others who actually buy the extra bank slots and bag slots and STILL are out of space because of the materials and costumes, what then?

Guild Wars 1 allowed for the same thing. You could buy the extra bank tabs, or not – that didn’t effect the existince or lack of existence of a material storage that included every material as well as the costume / hat collectors.

Hell, they even gave away a free anniverssary bank tab to everyone at one point.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

TehPwnerer.7215

Even if they made it cost a small fee (10c – I feel that’s equal to 10g from GW1) to acquire a costume or something on another character that’d still be better than keeping it all in the bank taking up space.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)