Could You Play ONE Class Only?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

My main is ranger and has 80% of my playtime but thats also probably coz i did world exploration on 5 other chars xD and two of those other chars were rangers one sylvari and one norn coz i wanted to see medium armor on those races. Plus see my invisible shoes on my norn.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I have one of every class… and I usually just play my Necro.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I play elementalist 90% of the time
ele is versatile, can do a lot of things

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

As a somewhat serious raider it’s impossible for me to play just one class as I view most of my characters as tools to be used against the challenges I’m facing. It’s a big perk to be able to adapt to what the squad needs at any given point.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I have 90+% of my playtime on my ele main. Mainly because I did some world completions on other characters, or I would have that percent be 97+. But I just love playing casters, specifically those relying on elemental magic. Mesmer could also stick with me, but I didn’t like their class mechanic at all. It felt too unreliable to lose phantasms when something dies.

Posted by: Lyndina.7984

Lyndina.7984

Yeah you can. I myself got 4 Chars on 80, but i only play my mesmer. Its the only class that i have fun with. But,on the other side. I just login to do one pvp round for the daily,then log of again. Havent had much fun in Gw2 lately,everythings gotten boring.

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

I’ve played Thief only since I started playing 3 years ago,
I still enjoy it.
I tried other classes, since I had enough level boosters to get 3 other toons to Lv80,
but I never really got into any of them.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I’ve always been a “main + alts” player. The completionist in me likes to check out all the classes, and experience building characters and decking them all out in aesthetically-pleasing gear; at my worst they even have coordinated names and color schemes. I also like to have a full suite of crafting abilities. But at the end of the day it’s clear to me which character is my main, and which are just my alts.

For me, in GW2, my main is my ranger. She’s the only one with map completion, and the only one with ascended gear outside of trinkets. I’ve probably used four total makeover kits getting her colors exactly right, and well over half the transmutation charges I’ve ever used went to her armor and weapons. I’m pushing story on my alts according to which elite spec weapons are most useful to donate directly to her (Necro for GS – pre-Caladbolg, ele for warhorn, warrior for torch – I made an ascended LB before I knew about the elite spec weapons, or guardian would have come before necro).

That said, I don’t think I could be satisfied with JUST my ranger. The alts scratch an important itch. And I have, in other games, seen an alt unexpectedly usurp the position of main.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior,

in every game, there is only one Zed(ek/ex) and it was this way since I play online games. The strong feel towards principles is too strong that I switch stuff every time.

In FF14, there were the “job stones” which was ridiculously dumb, especially since it killed immersion. "Congratulations, you are a real Black Mage now, roast people by manipulating the Aether!..Job Stone Change… “Now I am a White Mage and I heal and protect my fellow living beings”. What a nonsense.

I started the game as Engineer but hated Scrapper so much that I put up some story about Asuran twin brothers. Now there are two characters, which will be the big exception. My “second” Asura – the Thief – is exactly the way I want him to be, like an improved version. An Asura Daredevil, it can’t get better for me. Was trying hard to like Necromancer, but in the end, the weaponry of the Thief made it. I rather use cold steel (pistols, daggers, swords, arrows) than magic..

Don’t wish to play several classes, because I have my style and principles as said. Why would I pick Ranger, Tank or Mage when I am very much leaning towards Thief, Engineer and Necromancer?

Sincerely,
Zedexx (Thief) and Zedekk (Engineer)

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)