Could race change be done this way? Devs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I know the developers said that there is an issue with storyline and that that’s why it won’t be added, but I have an idea on how to maybe avoid it. I don’t know how they programmed the game but this seems like it should be possible in almost all scenarios. I have very little programming or coding, whatever you prefer to call it, experience but I feel like it is somewhat sufficient to get the general idea.

Un-bind all the soulbound items and make them account bound – soulbound on use allowing the player to re-use them on the new character, give them an account bound level 80 scroll that can only level up a character of the same profession as the one race change was used on allowing them to instantly boost their new character to 80. This way only loss would be cultural armor, the character that race change was used on should be deleted after the scroll is used. Storyline would be just re-started and the player would have to re-play it, or you could put up a menu allowing the players to just choose which way the storyline would go without actually playing through it.

I think this has been suggested before (as it doesn’t take much to figure out), but I didn’t find such thread, didn’t look much to be honest. Is there still something, even if it is done this way, that makes it impossible to make race change?

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I believe this has indeed been suggested in one form or another. If story reset, cultural armor was lost, and current gear became account bound, then that would solve many of the obstacles that would prevent this.

I would be in support of this.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….