Could we get some idea of the Lost Shores prereqs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alejandra Delacruz.5921

Alejandra Delacruz.5921

This is aimed more at Anet than anything, but any info would be appreciated. My wife and I are currently on our level 57 personal story. Is there anything we need to do to prepare for the LS event? I would assume we need to get ot level 80 and probably finish our personal story… or will it be available to anyone like the Halloween content?

Posted by: paddysafc.5934

paddysafc.5934

it is going to be a permanent part of the game, although the event itself if called one time, just from what they have let us in on (be it a tiny amount) it is fairly obvious from the ‘change the face of tyria forver’ line that after the even it will maybe have a couple of new zones a new dungeon new enemies new bosses and dynamic events….

i am hoping for new armour and weapon skins because currently you cant make a necromancer look like a necromancer and all warrior armour looks the same but we will see haha!

anyways i hope this helps you out, i imagine it will have maybe lvl 60-80 zones althougheveryone is saying one new zone i think 2 or 3 will maybe added building up to fighting the next elder dragon in the first expansion, this could well be a pre-expansion expansion

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

I’m wondering the same thing. If this is going to be level 80 content then one is to assume the one time world event then would also be. I’m only at the level 40 content currently. So I got a ways to go to get to level 80 content. Estimated 60+ hours of game play. That’s a lot to do in two weeks if we have to be level 80. So I really hope this is not the case.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

The event and the stuff going on that weekend will basically all be able to be accessed by characters of any level using our level-scaling technology.

We want everyone to be able to check it out.

More details….As they emerge from the depths.

Posted by: Igneel.2618

Igneel.2618

Emerge from the dephts..
That’s a good clue!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Emerge from the dephts..
That’s a good clue!

I sense dragons raising land :0

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Well there’s a bunch of new signs around LA on the beaches. Pretty sure they weren’t there before.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

It’s bubbles. Rolling in the deep.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Igneel.2618

Sea of Sorrow is.. Water. Basically, yes. So maybe we will have to explore a large-city underwater, maybe with Largos or something like that!
It’s not a Dragon thing.. I think Tyria (the Orders) would have know about this before the signs we see now.

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I have a fear of the deep sea and its inhabitants, yet I’m also a completionist. Why must you torture me Colin Johanson? T_T

Knowledge is power.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Meh. Underwater fighting is my least favourite aspect of this game ….. Sigh.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I like underwater fighting, I just dont like the invul bug..I like that natural water creatures have an advantage and seem to move better in water..it makes sense..you are in their home, they are comfortable there..for you its unnatural.

Posted by: PuffyWiggles.2180

PuffyWiggles.2180

I think I put it together guys…..

We are fighting Adele and she will be voice acting herself!!! YES!

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yes, my necro is not too pleased with this underwater zone.

Posted by: sirrell.6712

sirrell.6712

Who said it’s an underwater zone?

It’s an island…

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Finally Bubbles is making his move.(?)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Sea of Sorrow is.. Water. Basically, yes. So maybe we will have to explore a large-city underwater, maybe with Largos or something like that!
It’s not a Dragon thing.. I think Tyria (the Orders) would have know about this before the signs we see now.

on the celebration party at the end of the storyline, if you talk to the master of whispers, she says “zhaitan has been defeated. one fifth of our objective is complete” or something along those lines.

so yeah. they know.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Alejandra Delacruz.5921

Alejandra Delacruz.5921

The event and the stuff going on that weekend will basically all be able to be accessed by characters of any level using our level-scaling technology.

We want everyone to be able to check it out.

More details….As they emerge from the depths.

You guys are my heroes. I need a shirt that says “I Believe in Anet” because you guys deliver each and every time. There may be bugs here and there, but even then you always make it right. Thanks for all you do!

Igneel.2618

on the celebration party at the end of the storyline, if you talk to the master of whispers, she says “zhaitan has been defeated. one fifth of our objective is complete” or something along those lines.

so yeah. they know.

Ow, I explain it bad.
I said, if there is a ‘Dragon Thing’.. I think the Orders, the Pact, or someone else will talk about this disgrace, because they controlling it (I think). But for now, I feel more a ‘Mysterious Feeling’.. and, last but not least, we kill Zhaitan just too earlier for have breakfast with another Ancient Dragon!

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

It better not be a dragon thing. We still have Icebrood and Branded to deal with. They actually have lutinets that we currently deal with. If they add in the other two, I’ll be severely disappointed.

On another note: I really don’t like the level scaling bit. It’s too broken. If you get scaled up to 80, you’re still severely out gunned. If you get scaled down to whatever, you’re still severely overpowered. I like the idea of “one level for all”, they just need to tweak it first.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Great to hear that characters of all levels can take part in the Nov 15 special event! I’m guessing we’ll have another special launching platform from LA that will take us to the appropriate region.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

While your level scaling tech is pretty good, is there a specific level this is being designed at? Even with level scaling there often tends to be a level to be at, that makes the event easier.

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I will have the Jaws theme tune playing in the background for sure.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

If this content takes place for > 50% underwater, I’m gonna cry myself to sleep.

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Emerge from the depths? Hmm…

Quaagan uprising? Woooooooooooo

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since we want to clean up the forum a bit, please use this thread for all questions, discussions etc. regarding Lost Shore:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lost-Shores-Dignified-anticipation/page/4#post620977

Thank you very much!