Could we talk about Tequatl?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Haven’t got a kill on him since he changed. Looks like yet another way to take loot out of the player’s hands.

Also, not fun.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Haven’t got a kill on him since he changed. Looks like yet another way to take loot out of the player’s hands.

Also, not fun.

They didn’t take anything out of your hands. The loot is still there and better than it was before they changed it. You opt to not go get it.
I’ve gotten Tequatl kills 4 times in the last 24 hours – which has given me a multitude of rares, 1 exotic and 1 Ascended weapon chest (of the Cavalier variety) and I had a great time doing it.

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Killed him a few times for the achi points. Now I don’t bother with him anymore.

Jormag is a much better event.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I think most of us that are very disappointed by the removal of a fun event from the open world are just tired of posting about it, especially since a.net doesn’t seem interested in fixing the problem or even saying “It’s where we want right now quit QQing”.

There are so many world bosses left as fun events in the open world, what does it matter if one is not like the others? I agree Tequatl may need some tweaking, but what is the point of reverting to the old version? So we can have 25 instead of 24 spam 1 loot chest fun events?

A: I never said it should be reverted to the old way, I said what they have now is unfun and those of us who are sad about it are mostly tired of complaining.
B: If you were spamming 1 at the old Teq event then you were not doing it right, thanks for not helping as much as you could have and probably being one of those people who went afk and had to be rezzed when the fight was over.
C: An OPEN WORLD event which was formarly done on most if not all servers that is barely done on any of them now is a broken event.

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

The experiment yielded the following valuable results: we now know how to drive people away from playing. If that’s the goal, then sure, make all encounters like this.

They need to overcome their fear of adding conventional raids. Why not? Everything else that wasn’t supposed to be in GW2 has been and is being steadily added. Just make instanced raids already and let the open world wanderers have the old style dragon bosses with loot that is inferior to the raid loot. Because skill and all.

This isn’t what I personally want, but at this point it’s like, just do it already. Stop dancing around it. My raiding days are over and I’m happy to relax and have fun with mildly challenging PVE content that people actually show up for. Let the raiders raid.

“Ok Kenny, add Eyes of the Beast to your hotbar”

Posted by: Wanderinlost.7964

Wanderinlost.7964

Teq is the one thing that has ever gotten me to log into gw2 every day. Good rewards, good karma, not a complete faceroll, real chance of failure, but that seems to become less and less. Killed today with over 7 minutes left on the clock, anet might need to buff him again.

Hopefully we will get more encounters like this.

MrRuin.9740

Killed him a few times for the achi points. Now I don’t bother with him anymore.

Jormag is a much better event.

Obviously can’t please everyone, as this clearly shows.
I never do Jormag. I absolutely hate this event. I find it annoying, tedious, a faceroll win and a waste of my time. I don’t care what rewards they add to this event, I just don’t like it and couldn’t even tell you the last time I did it.
The difference is, I don’t create multiple topics trying to change Claw of Jormag into another Tequatl event that suits me and screws over the people that do like the Claw event. While I don’t know the numbers (and noone does without guessing), Tequatl is being done by at least a few hundred people a day. A small portion of the population, yes…but still that’s a lot of people that do it and many of those have a niche boss they really enjoy.
While it can be arguable that the Claw event brings more people, doesn’t mean they all like it. Its a faceroll for rewards and that brings people out too.
Tequatl is one event that fills a niche, open world raid like experience. There are many, many more and all that people are missing now is the one guaranteed 25silver rare they used to get. Do the ones you like and leave those of us that like Tequatl, to him.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

My complaint is the fight simply isn’t worth the time. I’ve done it about 30 times. In those 30 times I’ve only managed to get 2 sunless runes, 1 amulet which is nothing special, and a random exotic that was worth 2 gold. Now I’m sorry, but it’s simply not worth the time or effort to continue going there.

They should have introduced dragon tokens and once we collect a handful of them we can turn them in for valuable things. Like 10 dragon tokens will get you an ascended weapon of your choice. then you simply make all the old bosses give one and tequatl can give 4.

At least if it were done this way people would ALWAYS be motivated to do it. Players would have a goal in mind when attempting it. And everyone got something valuable for their time and effort involved.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My complaint is the fight simply isn’t worth the time…/snip

^This x1000

It’s not the timer. It’s the hours spent preparing, and then when it’s done, comparative rewards could have been gained in less than half the time doing something else, even if it’s mindless zerg champ train farming…

Truly the only thing I would want changed is that the rewards match the effort. Better drop rates, nicer things, maybe something unique that has more than a 1 in 4,679,812,376 chance of dropping. I don’t mind that it takes so long to coordinate. I don’t mind that it takes more than 10 people to do. I just hate that the rewards don’t justify the effort.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The rewards are good. Rewards of other parts of the game are too high.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

The rewards are good. Rewards of other parts of the game are too high.

I wouldn’t know, it’s dead on my server.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Tequatl is one event that fills a niche, open world raid like experience. There are many, many more and all that people are missing now is the one guaranteed 25silver rare they used to get. Do the ones you like and leave those of us that like Tequatl, to him.

I love Tequatl. I can’t do her without guesting, though. Whole servers are missing out because of the way it was implemented (with an 80 player minimum). Those servers that couldn’t develop a strategy quickly enough lost players to hopelessness, and didn’t have enough remaining to field a proper team by the time they figured her out. By then it was too late. Try as we might, there was no getting enough people together ever again.

The naysayers here are the people who didn’t stick it out long enough. And now nobody on their servers gets to play without guesting.

Proper EVENT SCALING is all we need. That was something ANet was supposedly using to keep content challenging. Tequatl wouldn’t be any easier or any different. She would just be able to be done with smaller groups. This will help in off-peak hours as well. And even your lucky server may eventually find players getting tired of her, leaving too few people to help when you really want to challenge her.

And trust me; you don’t want to be Guesting all the time whenever you want to do a specific event.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

While I don’t know the numbers (and noone does without guessing), Tequatl is being done by at least a few hundred people a day. A small portion of the population, yes…but still that’s a lot of people that do it and many of those have a niche boss they really enjoy.
While it can be arguable that the Claw event brings more people, doesn’t mean they all like it. Its a faceroll for rewards and that brings people out too.

http://gw2dragons.com/dragons/leaderboard

Use the number of kills vs amount of days x spawns x servers. It’s not done much at all, roughly <1% of concurrent players participate or <.01% of game population.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I’m enjoying the Teq encounters. I’m really not too concerned about the rewards or lack of it… I believe I’ve been able to enjoy the encounters exactly because I’m with a large (Teq-killing) guild.

I only wish there’s something more to do while waiting for Teq to show up. Currently, it can be an entire hour of waiting around doing nothing once the zone starts populating to fight Teq.

I am very much looking forward to the other World Bosses to be buffed up with interesting mechanics.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Teq is the one thing that has ever gotten me to log into gw2 every day. Good rewards, good karma, not a complete faceroll, real chance of failure, but that seems to become less and less. Killed today with over 7 minutes left on the clock, anet might need to buff him again.

Hopefully we will get more encounters like this.

Took him down about 5am today with the Tequatl Terror Squad peeps. I’m not sure they need to buff the dragon, maybe remove the environmental weapons like the Elemental Powders I think.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

When a high population server or dedicated guild takes it down, how many players are usually present? I know when those in favor of the event post about the numbers doing it, they refer to 150-200 players per kill. What I don’t know is if that is exaggeration to “prove” that more people like the content. If it is typical, then finishing the event under the timer with flawless play and numbers approaching 2-2.5 times those it was designed for could be a factor.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’ve been in on kills with up to 130 players on Teamspeak. I would imagine there are more players than that in the zone however, there’s a lot of people that don’t use voice comms.

MrRuin.9740

I love Tequatl. I can’t do her without guesting, though. Whole servers are missing out because of the way it was implemented (with an 80 player minimum). Those servers that couldn’t develop a strategy quickly enough lost players to hopelessness, and didn’t have enough remaining to field a proper team by the time they figured her out. By then it was too late. Try as we might, there was no getting enough people together ever again.

The naysayers here are the people who didn’t stick it out long enough. And now nobody on their servers gets to play without guesting.

Proper EVENT SCALING is all we need. That was something ANet was supposedly using to keep content challenging. Tequatl wouldn’t be any easier or any different. She would just be able to be done with smaller groups. This will help in off-peak hours as well. And even your lucky server may eventually find players getting tired of her, leaving too few people to help when you really want to challenge her.

And trust me; you don’t want to be Guesting all the time whenever you want to do a specific event.

You are right, alot of the naysayers and negativity comes from people who gave up to easily and now want it bent to their way.

The amount of people probably wouldnt be a big deal. My experience on my server was this :
Our map would fill. People would tag up as Commander and try to organize other people. These commanders knew what they were talking about. The general map chat response was “This isn’t WvW, we don’t have to follow commanders” and “we don’t have to do that, we just need to stack on it”.
Is it any wonder my server doesn’t do it or get the rewards from it? Frankly, with attitudes like that I don’t care if they ever get it. Because we could have done and could still be doing it as a server. But the Commanders and knowledgeable people now guest and/or go to TTS overflows. Why bother with your own server when you can go to where there is like minded people and not have to deal with people basically telling you kitten off for trying to help and get them to work together and succeed?
Tequatl isn’t perfect, I’ll give ya that. But the fault its not being done isn’t solely on ArenaNet as people seem to imply. A rather large portion of that blame can be placed on the playerbase themselves. Either through giving up, being lazy, or not wanting to have to go out of their way for a reward/good time. I am not lumping everyone who is against Tequatl as it is now into that, but there are a large number of people that are that way. If anyone in this topic takes personal offence, its not intended as I speak out of experiences within the game itself.