Could ya ease up a little?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

We had measures like DR, chat suppression, mail suppression added, in order to stop bots from ruining the economy and spamming us all.

But gold selling bots are scarce now, and are managed well. Bots farming mobs in the open are very rare. Bots farming nodes aren’t affected by DR, but they’re uncommon too now.

So maybe it’s okay to ease up on the DR, mail suppression and chat suppression? I think it’s safe.

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Just when you thought it was safe to ease up on DR…

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That’s just the thing though: They are laying low for now, but as soon as the measures taken to stop them is removed they will swarm back.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

These things are the reason why you don’t see a lot of bots any more. Without them, there will be lots of bots, then they have to put back all the anti-bot measures. Since the devs already know what will happen, why would they waste their time, twice, removing them and then putting them back?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Anet, how about…4 mails before suppression? That way we can send food to party members in dungeons.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

The thing is that they should, unless absolutely mandatory, never hunt down “criminals” by punishing legit players as well.

As it is, the system is punishing legitimate players quite a lot… Really think they should reconsider some of their choices in this area.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The thing is that they should, unless absolutely mandatory, never hunt down “criminals” by punishing legit players as well.

As it is, the system is punishing legitimate players quite a lot… Really think they should reconsider some of their choices in this area.

That is very true.

But on the other hand it takes quite some work to get the DR or the other systems to actually punish you.

I have played the game daily since head-start and I have yet to trigger a single one of these systems. The fact that people that act like bots are hurt by a anti-bot measure is quite logical and not much can be done about it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

tolunart.2095

Actually a recent post from one of the devs mentioned that they are looking into relaxing the parameters for DR, but I don’t recall what thread it was in. Generally speaking, if you remain in the same area for an extended period of time and/or perform the same actions repeatedly, you will have more problems than someone who moves around and does different things.

This is because bots are usually programmed to perform the same actions over and over and to remain in one area indefinitely. So don’t act like a bot.

Clark Skinner.4902

But what if we like a map? Why do we have to leave it if we’re having fun?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Actually a recent post from one of the devs mentioned that they are looking into relaxing the parameters for DR, but I don’t recall what thread it was in. Generally speaking, if you remain in the same area for an extended period of time and/or perform the same actions repeatedly, you will have more problems than someone who moves around and does different things.

This is because bots are usually programmed to perform the same actions over and over and to remain in one area indefinitely. So don’t act like a bot.

I’d like to read that one because so far the only reply I’ve received has been something more along the lines of revamping the rewards system/salvage system for some of the T6 materials.

If they are doing both that would be nice. I hope they are checking the code for that Wi Flag stuff that could be happening as well because between the two of them they’re making people leave who can’t get a single thing to drop.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

tolunart.2095

I’d like to read that one because so far the only reply I’ve received has been something more along the lines of revamping the rewards system/salvage system for some of the T6 materials.

I think it was in one of the complaint threads about farming/shortage of dust. A “red” said something along the lines of, we know you’re frustrated and human players should never be affected by DR in the first place so we’re looking into ways to ease up on the limits so it doesn’t happen.

Which is what they said in the first place, that over time they would tweak the system to catch bots but leave out human players. But they need data and time to do it, to most people this means next month but in developer terms it means six months to a year before they have enough data to separate overzealous human farmers from 24-hr mining bots.

That’s just the way it works, first aid is a quick fix but crude and not very effective, the surgery to fix the problem requires a lot more time and adjustments.

Clark Skinner.4902

How about a quick bit of first aid while they’re taking time to examine things. By the time DR gets improved, lots of people will have finished their run of GW2.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Anet, how about…4 mails before suppression? That way we can send food to party members in dungeons.

but all you have to do is ..

A Mail 4x food to person B
B mail 3x food to person C
C mail 2x food to person D
D mail 1x food to person E

Solutions!

Also, please raise thresholds.

Posted by: Killing Joke.4371

Killing Joke.4371

Think of the children! I say ban all violence, except when it comes to celery, I really hate celery.

We aren’t contractually tied down to rationality!

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE!

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Think of the children! I say ban all violence, except when it comes to celery, I really hate celery.

Better Celery than being back in the days of the Plague of Deen, when you couldn’t kill 2 bandits/centaurs/other hostiles without having half a dozen sticks of butter.

Posted by: Killing Joke.4371

Killing Joke.4371

Better Celery than being back in the days of the Plague of Deen, when you couldn’t kill 2 bandits/centaurs/other hostiles without having half a dozen sticks of butter.

Could we somehow combine Celery with Butter? Nah screw Celery.

Is there some way to make a dynamic recipe for DR removal? Changes periodically like an ingame authenticator to prove you aren’t a bot? Why not some ingame CAPTCHA-like device that isn’t as annoying as eating ground nails self ground style?

Wrong post I know just got me thinking.

We aren’t contractually tied down to rationality!

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE!

tolunart.2095

Could we somehow combine Celery with Butter? Nah screw Celery.

They need to start dropping peanut butter.

Hmmm… poultry meat, chili pepper, celery, buttermilk… make a plate of hot wings with celery and ranch dressing

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

I would love being able to write something atleast more than 2 times before getting suppressed. Makes it a downrigt hassle to look for remaining PUGs to the party if needed.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum