Couldn't be more happy with Healer and Tank

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

This is a happy day for all of the GW vets who were waiting for something going back to the golden times.
People can finally play some important roles beside the toxic zerker meta.

Druid heavy healer and the talks about dusting off the tank characters is indeed a Franchise saving day for all responsible gamer.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Only in raids though from what I gather.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Pretty much, dungeons still clear too fast for a druid to be effective with heals.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

uhul finally wow clone! glorous 99% of the market, haha glorious green bars filler job
[cries in nomads]

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Kirschsahne.2081

Pretty much, dungeons still clear too fast for a druid to be effective with heals.

I would say it’s the opposite.
Finally you have the chance to play the dungeons as intended.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Knowing the community, dungeons will never be played as intended. Unless its a super-uber-casual group.

Kirschsahne.2081

uhul finally wow clone! glorous 99% of the market, haha glorious green bars filler job
[cries in nomads]

It’s sad to see that you are disappointed.
Maybe GW2 is not the right game for you anymore.
I guess if you take a step back and observe is a better way to aproach the game again and find new joy before judging too fast

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

Agreed. The trinity is a better system than what we currently have.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

As intended?
The dungeons were designed with no trinity in mind.
GW2 was advertised as having no hard trinity of dd, healer and tank.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Ayrilana.1396

As Anet intended? I wouldn’t go as far as to say that. Maybe “play dungeons closer to how I feel they should be played” would be a better statement.

Kirschsahne.2081

As Anet intended? I wouldn’t go as far as to say that. Maybe “play dungeons closer to how I feel they should be played” would be a better statement.

well yeah that is maybe right.
Anyways a very welcome change

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

[cries in nomads]

I guess if you take a step back and observe is a better way to aproach the game again and find new joy before judging too fast

Sure its soon to judge that the game is becoming trinity YES.
Now my satirical comes from a standpoint that the game i bought at release and invested money for 3yrs was not a trinity based game, otherwise i shouldve stayed playing lineage2 or WoW, YET, i dont demand those games to change to my playstyle.
Now, i see all this “trinity is best”, in a game that is 3yrs old out of it, as comical enough to indulge myself to a very snarky remark

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

(edited by RSLongK.8961)

Kirschsahne.2081

[cries in nomads]

Now my satirical comes from a standpoint that the game i bought at release and invested money for 3yrs was not a trinity based game, otherwise i shouldve stayed playing lineage2 or WoW, YET, i dont demand those games to change to my playstyle.
Now, i see all this “trinity is best”, in a game that is 3yrs old out of it, as comical enough to indulge myself to a very snarky remark

i see you point.
But there are people who invested 8 or more years from GW1 on and everything was taken away from them.

I am absolutely sure A-Net gets these people including me back and that is a very good thing indeed.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

[cries in nomads]

i see you point.
But there are people who invested 8 or more years from GW1 on and everything was taken away from them.

I am absolutely sure A-Net gets these people including me back and that is a very good thing indeed.

If you think players from GW1 were disapointed with GW2 due to lack of trinity, you are sorely mistaken.

Trinity was never the issue as to why GW1 players were disapointed with GW2.

To believe that trinity is a good developement for GW2 is even more insane. Now nothing seperates this game from every single other MMO. Other MMOs with better loot systems, newer content, larger scale, better lfg tools, etc.

I’m pretty sure the small steps towards trinity will be at most in raid content. Getting over excited now is way over the top.

Posted by: Miporin.3529

Miporin.3529

Everything remove the crappy oneside meta zerk from the game is welcome with open arms.
I’m so sick to playe zerker with every character, so boring.

Finally some support roles, so you can play different with different tactics and positioning.

<3 the trinity in themepark games.

Ayrilana.1396

Everything remove the crappy oneside meta zerk from the game is welcome with open arms.
I’m so sick to playe zerker with every character, so boring.

Finally some support roles, so you can play different with different tactics and positioning.

<3 the trinity in themepark games.

You always could do that before…

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

LFG healer!!

10 minutes later: LFG healer!

20 minutes later: LFG healer

30 minutes later: /P anyone want to do some farming instead?

Yep much better. Even if you find a healer and a tank they had better be 100% for every second or they bear the brunt of the vitriol from the party when things go south.

edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I just love watching health bars go up and down!

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I don’t know about you, but no one ever complained that I’ve been using zealot armor and weapons with berserker accessories and honor instead of virtues instead of full berserker for over a year now.

I’ve been playing a healer for ages.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Weren’t the intent of dungeons to be played how people wanted? I’d say they’ve been played as intended for 3 years (ignoring exploits – all dungeon content can be done in full zerker no exploits). Everyone may not be played how you want, but they are being played as intended.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I just love watching health bars go up and down!

I do too. An offensive meditation guardian’s health bar is like a yoyo, it’s hilarious.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

[cries in nomads]

i see you point.

If you think players from GW1 were disapointed with GW2 due to lack of trinity, you are sorely mistaken.

To believe that trinity is a good developement for GW2 is even more insane. Now nothing seperates this game from every single other MMO. Other MMOs with better loot systems, newer content, larger scale, better lfg tools, etc.

I’m pretty sure the small steps towards trinity will be at most in raid content. Getting over excited now is way over the top.

If people are not disapointed with the lack of trinity then why are there thousands of posts complaining about the zerk meta?

These people might not want a wow type trinity where a tank spends 100% of his time managing aggro and a healer spends 100% of his time healing (in fact no one wants that, even though the zerk meta defenders always seem to assume they do), but people do very much want more roles in this game than dps, dps, and more dps.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

LFG healer!!

Yep much better. Even if you find a healer and a tank they had better be 100% for every second or they bear the brunt of the vitriol from the party when things go south.

I like playing Healers.There are many people besides me who does too.

Ayrilana.1396

[cries in nomads]

i see you point.

If people are not disapointed with the lack of trinity then why are there thousands of posts complaining about the zerk meta?

These people might not want a wow type trinity where a tank spends 100% of his time managing aggro and a healer spends 100% of his time healing (in fact no one wants that, even though the zerk meta defenders always seem to assume they do), but people do very much want more roles in this game than dps, dps, and more dps.

Thousands? Are you sure you’re not confusing it with the berserker meta threads? They’re not the same.

Tommyknocker.6089

LFG healer!!

I like playing Healers.There are many people besides me who does too.

Glad to hear it, and I do too occasionally btw. Remember though that for every one of the players that enjoy playing a healer there are many many more that just want to DPS. This is generally a fault of the game(s) in that tagging and doing damage grants you more (or in some cases any) loot. If for instance ANet figured out a way to make healers and tanks receive the same benefit as the damage dealers then it would make more players want to diversify. As it sits now though playing a healer is a purely selfless act.

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I look forward to the Trinity returning, and true group dynamics being brought back, instead of this one sided, “GO ZERK OR GO HOME”, attitude that most groups nowadays have. I myself, will gladly watch bars, and heal and apply buffs/boons to my party.

With this, and new and returning group mechanics being put in, we all can finally feel useful, instead of who has the higher dps-peen…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Knowing the community, dungeons will never be played as intended. Unless its a super-uber-casual group.

How are dungeons intended to be played? I mean you surely must be a dev at ANet if you know what the “intended” way is.

Also the addition of a healer made Anet once again betray their philosophy when it comes to this game. gg Anet.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Because people want to play with what they want to play, and want everyone to accept them that way. Most of the complaints about the current dungeon meta stem from a desire to get into any dungeon group with the least amount of effort and time spent waiting, especially without having to start a group. Sure, there are people who want dedicated roles, but of the complaints, they make up less than half.

The bad news incoming is that the talked-about changes will do nothing to prevent exclusion. In fact, there will be more exclusion, because harder content will encourage the exclusion of those whose play is marginal in current PvE. There are a lot more of those players than you might think. The complaints about lack of trinity will be dwarfed by the complaints if average play is not sufficient to beat HoT’s “hard” content.

Ayrilana.1396

How are dungeons intended to be played? I mean you surely must be a dev at ANet if you know what the “intended” way is.

Also the addition of a healer made Anet once again betray their philosophy when it comes to this game. gg Anet.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-colin-johanson-clarifies-his-points-interest-comment

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

This is a happy day for all of the GW vets who were waiting for something going back to the golden times.

Druid heavy healer and the talks about dusting off the tank characters is indeed a Franchise saving day for all responsible gamer.

What are you talking about? Druid is a healing class, I don’t know where you’re getting anything about tanks. This game has no tanking mechanics whatsoever. I can see groups needing some support to help stay alive in some of the harder encounters especially early on while the mechanics are being figured out, a trinity this is not and I foresee great disappointment for you.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Very happy that meaningful roles are coming to the game. I’m not sold on the orthodox trinity but I feel that meaningful roles are absolutely necessary. Love where the game is going.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You do realize just because these things may or may not be a thing a meta will still exist – all those people hating the “zerker meta” because it didn’t allow them to play tanks or healers are not guaranteed spots on raids now.

You’ll be forced to play a certain variety of tank or healer and you’ll actually have to be good in order to make it through raids – so while on the surface it might seem like a good thing overall I think this will be hardest on the “casual play how I want community”.

Because if raids are hard – and every indication is that they will be – it will be “play meta or go home” not " my build is finally accepted".

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Which class is the tank?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-colin-johanson-clarifies-his-points-interest-comment

What exactly was this in response to? The link is nice and all, but it doesn’t say how dungeons are meant to be played. They’re saying they wish mobs to be more engaging to combat and whatnot, that’s all.

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Because people want to play with what they want to play, and want everyone to accept them that way. Most of the complaints about the current dungeon meta stem from a desire to get into any dungeon group with the least amount of effort and time spent waiting, especially without having to start a group. Sure, there are people who want dedicated roles, but of the complaints, they make up less than half.

The bad news incoming is that the talked-about changes will do nothing to prevent exclusion. In fact, there will be more exclusion, because harder content will encourage the exclusion of those whose play is marginal in current PvE. There are a lot more of those players than you might think. The complaints about lack of trinity will be dwarfed by the complaints if average play is not sufficient to beat HoT’s “hard” content.

That is the funny part isn’kitten The same people who are trying to champion trinity will be the same ones crying about it a few weeks/months into HoT as they are still not welcome into parties. They think that somehow trinity will translate into play as you want instead of the reality that will be a different meta which will be something like "clerics druid, zerker ele, zerker ele, scrapper, etc. etc. etc

They’re basically not going to like that nothing has changed except that instead of being told to wear zerker by everybody they’ll be told to wear something else by everybody.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

That is the funny part isn’kitten The same people who are trying to champion trinity will be the same ones crying about it a few weeks/months into HoT as they are still not welcome into parties. They think that somehow trinity will translate into play as you want instead of the reality that will be a different meta which will be something like "clerics druid, zerker ele, zerker ele, scrapper, etc. etc. etc

They’re basically not going to like that nothing has changed except that instead of being told to wear zerker by everybody they’ll be told to wear something else by everybody.

That’s exactly how it’ll be – most people who wanted the trinity and roles back wanted inclusion – they wanted a reason for their “play how I want” builds to be taken in groups.
The problem is that raids will be hard – and they most certainly won’t use “PHIW” builds – they’ll use strict meta builds.

So the people who were excluded at the start will still be excluded – on different criteria but most likely still excluded – because there will still be a meta just not a berserker one.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Ayrilana.1396

What exactly was this in response to? The link is nice and all, but it doesn’t say how dungeons are meant to be played. They’re saying they wish mobs to be more engaging to combat and whatnot, that’s all.

In response to the following:

“Also the addition of a healer made Anet once again betray their philosophy when it comes to this game. gg Anet.”

NovaanVerdiano.6174

In response to the following:

“Also the addition of a healer made Anet once again betray their philosophy when it comes to this game. gg Anet.”

Ah, fair enough.
Well, I still don’t really agree with that. Yes, ANet always was for “hey you can tackle content how you want” but with the upcoming healers, the fact that they want to make content where dodging is not enough and other things makes it feel like they aim for a classic trinity after all, even if it’s just to a lesser extent.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I, for one, am looking forward to all the terrible zerkers blaming the healer for their death.

I hope they pull this off, though. As much as I enjoy playing a zerker ele, it’d be nice to have some other roles and builds to actually bring.

Ayrilana.1396

I, for one, am looking forward to all the terrible zerkers blaming the healer for their death.

I hope they pull this off, though. As much as I enjoy playing a zerker ele, it’d be nice to have some other roles and builds to actually bring.

And all of the other people in other gear who can’t keep themselves alive.

Tommyknocker.6089

And all of the other people in other gear who can’t keep themselves alive.

Can’t dodge??

Bring a healer, it’s a win/win. If you die it is his/her fault, if you don’t you were awesome!! /S

Kirschsahne.2081

Which class is the tank?

the berzerker will have a defensive mod not just an offensive

Kirschsahne.2081

What are you talking about? Druid is a healing class, I don’t know where you’re getting anything about tanks. This game has no tanking mechanics whatsoever. I can see groups needing some support to help stay alive in some of the harder encounters especially early on while the mechanics are being figured out, a trinity this is not and I foresee great disappointment for you.

I strongly advice to follow the interview from a couple of weeks ago when they told the people that they better dusting off their tanking gear to go to HoT

Kirschsahne.2081

Weren’t the intent of dungeons to be played how people wanted? I’d say they’ve been played as intended for 3 years (ignoring exploits – all dungeon content can be done in full zerker no exploits). Everyone may not be played how you want, but they are being played as intended.

Being excluded because you don’t want to play like someone else want to is not intended, no.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why would you think that?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

As if a healer meta won’t soon become just as required (not toxic, unless you’re around a bunch of very toxic party members) as the zerker meta. Riiiight…

One new meta (healer) will take the place of an old meta (zerker) and be just as ‘required’ as the old meta. It is going to happen. There is no escaping toxic players judging other players by what they run for a build setup, and that’s the thing… It is not a player’s build setup that is toxic; it is a player who is toxic against another player’s build setup.

Remember these words.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

Kirschsahne.2081

Because it’s a ROLE PLAYING GAME !!!!!!

The whole purpose is to play roles.

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

Players who currently (for the most part) heal themselves play just as much a role as a dedicated healer by keeping themselves alive! We do not need some other dedicated healer to do that for us since the current system has proven that (unless you are bad at the game). That is the role of a self-healer, to stay alive and take down the enemy.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

Posted by: Darkheron.6271

Darkheron.6271

The only concern I have about the return to shades of the trinity is if ArenaNet can accomplish this without resultant class gating that is even worse than it is now. IE, have they provided sufficient tools to each class ( with appropriate gear ) to allow them to adequately perform each of the roles in this new, supposedly super-advanced and difficult PvE raid system… While at the same time keeping from breaking the PvP system ( since they are so resolved not to split the skills ).

Time will tell, but I’m guessing this will end up being a resounding NO.

Kirschsahne.2081

Players who currently (for the most part) heal themselves play just as much a role as a dedicated healer by keeping themselves alive! We do not need some other dedicated healer to do that for us since the current system has proven that (unless you are bad at the game). That is the role of a self-healer, to stay alive and take down the enemy.

Thank godness A-Net has a different opinion and i share it.
We DO need more roles and we will have it.
Just get used to it. Maybe you are looking more for these new Japanese MMo’s with 30 feet long great swords to swing all day long.