Couldn't get daily

Couldn't get daily

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Voxdeus.1034

Voxdeus.1034

Need to finish “Dodging” for my daily and my usual spots for embers and earth elementals aren’t spawned because of dynamic events.

So I find a nice Abom that’s way off the beaten path and start dodging the slow attacks. Along comes some thief and two shots it. WTF?

Okay, search around more, find an abom, same thing happens again, same thief.

“A new build is available, Server will restart in 3 minutes.”

Quickly manage to group up some mobs, get to 93%, and the SAME thief comes in and kills them all. “Server is now shutting down.”

<pkitten>

Spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get the daily done today because I was having bad luck with timing on events, and now the daily will reset because of the patch, and meanwhile some d-bag thief kept me from getting a laurel just because he thinks it’s funny.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Vazkro.1762

Vazkro.1762

ya that sounds quite funny, someone should reward that thief for his mission being accomplished

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Go to WvW. Your server can use your help and you will get your dodge daily quick. You shouldn’t have to seek out your dodge daily. It should happen just by playing. Nonetheless, WvW is my suggestion for you.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Couldn't get daily

Voxdeus.1034

ya that sounds quite funny, someone should reward that thief for his mission being accomplished

Being a jerk is easy. Doesn’t really merit any praise.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

After the first time, you whisper to the thief that you’re trying to get your daily dodges done, odds are he’d leave your targets alone

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Couldn't get daily

Voxdeus.1034

Go to WvW. Your server can use your help and you will get your dodge daily quick. You shouldn’t have to seek out your dodge daily. It should happen just by playing. Nonetheless, WvW is my suggestion for you.

I play on JQ. WvW queues are long, and my server dominates T1. In any case, I normally get the daily knocked out in 30-45 minutes, and the dodging part takes about 2 minutes of that since I have 3 different locations with mobs that use ground target effects.

To tell the truth, it would have been easy in this case too except some guy decided to be a kitten (just took a long time because of events not spawning when I needed them).

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Being a jerk is easy. Doesn’t really merit any praise.

i find it funny as well… WORK HARDER TO GET THE DAILY AND DONT COMPLAIN. simple as that

Couldn't get daily

Voxdeus.1034

After the first time, you whisper to the thief that you’re trying to get your daily dodges done, odds are he’d leave your targets alone

I did after the second one, got no response. Had no reason to think after the first one he’d follow me halfway across the zone. It’s pretty obvious in this case it was deliberate.

I’ve accidentally killed some one’s mob before when they were going for Dodging. I felt bad about it, but certainly kept my distance from them after that.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Well, to be fair. You had 22 hours to get those dodges done…

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

That does suck man. It’s happened to quite a few people and can be a real pain.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Couldn't get daily

Sages.3496

Well, to be fair. You had 22 hours to get those dodges done…

this is my point… it doenst take may dodges either. just go to shaemoor fields and mess with some bandits they cant hit for kitten and its easy to dodge

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: BelowAverage.8349

BelowAverage.8349

how did you play 2 1/2 hours and not get the dodge chevo…

Couldn't get daily

Sages.3496

i just dodged the bandits in shaemoor fields and got my daily done that way its real easy because they sit there and look at you for a sec before they shoot. :P

Couldn't get daily

Sages.3496

i just dodged the bandits in shaemoor fields and got my daily done that way its real easy because they sit there and look at you for a sec before they shoot. :P

so if you cant do that than youve got big issues

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Enter TA.
Trigger a poison plant.
Dodge through to get 5+ evades.
Repeat.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Karka everyone! Easy simple! They are always around. Do that and stop making the same threads complaining about an easy fix issue you can do yourself!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Not to mention dodging the rocks that the worms in dredgehaunt cliffs throw at you (dodge backwards or forwards so you dodge through the impact point and you’ll get 2-3 evades), dodging flame legion incinerators in fireheart rise (dodge backwards through their fire you can get several evades) and many more! There are sooooo many mobs that you can use to get easy dodges (it would make more ense to call it daily evades though) in so many areas!

Nasty fire on the ground? Dodge through it for multiple evades. Nasty cloud of poison? Dodge through it for multiple evades? Oh so the enemy bombards you with arrow carts and boiling oil? Dodge through it for multiple evades!

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

If you’re not getting the daily dodges by standard playing, and need to look for specific mobs to get your practiced dodges on, you’re doing something really wrong and might want to take a different approach at dodging, aka use it ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE.
Not aiming to be rude, but you really will have a hard time in both PvP and higher PvE if you can’t dodge properly, it’s the very basic mechanic of this game.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Dethan.1875

Dethan.1875

Ettins in Kessex are ultra simple, you can get your heals there too, and the destroyer fissure is the easiest/quickent event I know if you have a distance attack. But the easiest dodge has to be an inquest turret, that’s got to be the slowest projectile in the game.

Of course we can now choose our dailies so maybe it’s not relevant any more.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

If you’re not getting the daily dodges by standard playing, and need to look for specific mobs to get your practiced dodges on, you’re doing something really wrong and might want to take a different approach at dodging, aka use it ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE.
Not aiming to be rude, but you really will have a hard time in both PvP and higher PvE if you can’t dodge properly, it’s the very basic mechanic of this game.

What if someone only has 30 minutes of game time on a given day and are trying to rush their daily achievement completion?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Ribos.8350

Ribos.8350

I always try to be obliging when other people tell me they’re trying to go for their dailies… but I may have inadvertently been such a “jerk” last night. The harpy attack on the Priory camp next to the AC entrance had started up, and I decided to go for it. Some other guy came along, just said the word “daily,” and carried on. Didn’t respond to me or anything.

Now, what am I supposed to make of that? We had daily tasks for dodging, healing, and events in general, all of which could be fulfilled here. I -think- he was going for healing, which would justify my dispatching of the harpies in short order while the NPCs were down, but if he was going for dodges, he’d want the exact opposite behavior from me.

My point is, when you want dailies and other folks are around, be clear in your communication. I’d say in over 90% of cases, players don’t want to be jerks, so good communication will help them not be jerks. As for the other 10%… well, are such incidents reportable? I know ANet are not fans of griefing, but I don’t know if they actively punish it.

Couldn't get daily

Voxdeus.1034

how did you play 2 1/2 hours and not get the dodge chevo…

Didn’t fight anything with long attack animations or ground target abilities, or very few such mobs.

Dodging attacks is easy, but getting credit for dodging requires “Evade” which is very difficult to time on instant, melee range attacks.

I don’t usually worry about going after Dodge specifically, because it’s one of the easiest to pick up after the fact, and depending on what events are up and what I’m fighting, I sometimes complete it without any special effort at all. I’d have had it in ~3 minutes if I didn’t have a stalker killing my mobs on purpose.

(edited by Voxdeus.1034)

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

1. Create a thief alt.
2. Train up your thief’s underwater spear skill.
3. Go fight jellyfish.
4. When jellyfish ramps up its spin attack, hit 5.
5. Collect 3-5 dodges while beating the kitten out of the jellyfish and taking no damage yourself.
6. Repeat until you finish your dodge, and get a nice headstart on aquatic kills.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Couldn't get daily

Voxdeus.1034

I see a lot of responses to this thread which are essentially along the lines of “LOL DODGING IS EASY!!” which is totally missing the point.

Yes, there are MANY mobs in the game with AoE attacks, but that point is irrelevant if there happens to be some one where you are who is deliberately killing those mobs specifically to prevent you from getting the achievement.

At no point have I complained that the dodging achieve is too hard or too time consuming. All I posted about is a story of how another player deliberately made this more frustrating than it ever needs to be. If the title of the thread is confusing, it’s because a Mod decided to change it for no apparent reason.

Just to reiterate, I KNOW that dodging is easy. If the server hadn’t shut down or I didn’t have griefing stalker or my 3+ usually spots were actually spawned, it would have been done like cake. The fact that I could have gone some place else is not helpful advice given that the server was coming down shortly and that I had no reason to expect to be griefed until it was too late to do something about it.

It’s not a matter of communication. A normal person doesn’t follow another player across an entire zone, waiting to kill the same mobs, which are well away from any resource nodes or waypoints.

Couldn't get daily

Voxdeus.1034

You’re not rude, you’re just wrong.

Some times I get the dodging daily without effort, some times it requires 2-3 minutes of specific effort. I’m not doing something “wrong.” Dodging around like an idiot when I don’t need it to survive and I DO need mobs to stand still so I can hit them with ground targeted abilities like grenades is not smart play. Not to mention that the best time to dodge a ground effect or slow melee attack is usually as soon as it starts, not at the very last second, and if you do that, you don’t get credit.

As I posted above, dodging isn’t hard for me, finding mobs that can be used to get credit isn’t hard. Doing the above on a timeline with some one actively trying to prevent it is aggravating.

Couldn't get daily

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Not much you can do about it now but it’s worth remembering that you can dodge through mob’s ground attacks. For instance, bandits sometimes light fires on the ground when they attack, you can dodge over those and get evades. People can’t steal those away from you…not that it’s going t matter any more since we apparently get to choose our dailies from a list now…who’s going to choose dodging?

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

(edited by lunawisp.2378)