Cowboy Outfit and Medium Armor revolution.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So now that all classes can look like stereotypical Medium Armor classes with this suffocating outfit can we please get non-coat/non-buttcape armor skins for Medium now? The dude’s (shown below) argument to why they don’t make it on steam made no sense. We don’t need coats as a defining feature on medium armor to tell the difference between classes because outfits delete that aspect from existence. Also icons and animations are enough to tell, which are seen first in PvP anyways. Please can we finally overthrow this stereotype set upon Medium tier classes and finally be able to run freely without trailing heavy loose fabric that gets caught in doors, snagged on bushes, halts butt ventilation, and etc?

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/17aa4MTX_OutlawOutfit.jpg

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That argument never made sense. If I’m in sPvP or WvW the very last thing I’m looking at is their armor. I look at the nameplate to tell me what profession they are. In PvE, I don’t care if they’re wearing profession specific armor or a non profession specific outfit.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

Too true. Medium armor being about 95% trenchcoats just became a running joke in the last four years. While I love trenchcoats in real life. When it’s the only option you’re given, it really loses it’s awesomeness. Give us something like Dare Devil or Green Arrow.

Though we hardly get new skins now and most are not a part of a complete set which is annoying (Toxic skins I’m looking at you). We’re likely to get more outfits that could suit our tastes at least.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

hah, try light armor.
i have bin trying to make a character with skin tight trouwsers, all i get are skirts and dresses.
one or two of them look a bit like it but there is always something flapping behind my character, the one thing i am trying to avoid.

i personally think that the skin should be shared as long as the set is from the same weight class, that way the whole BS about stereotype weight classes can finally be removed.

Just a flesh wound.3589

hah, try light armor.
i have bin trying to make a character with skin tight trouwsers, all i get are skirts and dresses.
one or two of them look a bit like it but there is always something flapping behind my character, the one thing i am trying to avoid.

i personally think that the skin should be shared as long as the set is from the same weight class, that way the whole BS about stereotype weight classes can finally be removed.

?? Not sure what you mean. The game does this already. All heavy, all medium, and all light share armor skins within the same weight classs.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

yeah one of Anets excuses for not making any different looking armour (or allowing classes to use looks from different weight) is that they wanted light armour to stay looking cloth-like and medium to stay looking leather-like and heavy to stay looking plate-like.

sorry anet, you kinda ruined that whole excuse when you release things like this , this and this as cashgrab outfits…

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

There is no excuse, just lazyness and an old mindset that won’t go away. Tell me why we have to be restrained in how our characters look for PVE.
Make us wear what we want when we want, deactivate the feature for pvp.
Bingo, everyone’s happy. The system is in place already with the transmutation feature, so remove the class limitation on gear already.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Do you want to know why 99% of the armor looks the way it does? If so, ask yourself the following questions:

Does the game have a gem store?
Do they sell costumes in the gem store?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, you now know why most of the armor in game looks the way it does. Medium armor is just an example. The armor sets, especially for trenchcoats, are nearly identical with names and minor details changed.
If you want to look nice (or different) you have to BUY a costume.

I loved the style in GW1, but have really been turned off by almost everything in GW2 (armors that is). I am currently rocking Taimi’s costume because it does look pretty good, seems like something an Asura would wear and, since I only play the master Asura race, all my toons are in it.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Have people shown Anet what type of leather armor they would like? All I have seen are threads with people criticizing trench coats but with no alternatives mentioned.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Have people shown Anet what type of leather armor they would like? All I have seen are threads with people criticizing trench coats but with no alternatives mentioned.

Yes, there have been threads in the past with comments, descriptions and pictures of alternatives to the trenchcoat meta. It obviously hasn’t made a difference, but there have been constructive examples.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

tl;dr – Yes

tl;dr – Vests

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Ubi is right, they seem to have gone with how BDO is, the standard appearances are kinda similar then they put all the real effort into the CS.

Look at the raid dungeon after all that time, it was very hit and miss (from what I have heard more miss than hit)

Their defence is that expacs will bring armour skins but with HoT we got about 3 – 4 fulls sets was it? I think it is time to face the music and see that they have boarded the CS for outfits train now.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

hah, try light armor.
one or two of them look a bit like it but there is always something flapping behind my character

Yep, couldn’t find a plain trouser skin that covers everything either, so this had to do:

Attachments:

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

hah, try light armor.
one or two of them look a bit like it but there is always something flapping behind my character

Yep, couldn’t find a plain trouser skin that covers everything either, so this had to do:

The closest we can get are the Light Ascalonean Dungeon pants (for females). Even then, there’s a mini skirt/jacket bottom attached. The male version is just pants though and almost all my light human males wear them.

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

Maybe the fashion designers at Aneth should be transferred to the dungeon bugs department.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

My biggest deal with this outfit, aside from it being a trenchcoat… is why is it shiny glazed?

This looks insanely more like free-flowing enamel than leather…

Attachments:

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

My main issue is they have yet to figure out a way to stop clipping issues with hair. Even medium hair hangs out the back of this coat from behind.
It pretty much ruins the fun of the coat outfit completely, unless you go for shorthair, or missing hair (hat).
This set design is incomplete when they don’t work on clipping.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]