"Craft ascended weapons and armor!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

After reading the new blog post I found myself wondering why are they adding ascended weapons and armour? Im my opinion, a long time player of GW and GW2, I do not see the need. Currently we have 5 types of armour: white; blue; green; rare; and exotic. I have a lot of characters, so maybe unlock some people I find a use for some of these: for example I use masterwork, green, for getting the general idea of a build on a alt before investing in exotics. So even though they are cheap, I seen a use for them: they are also useful while leveling. However once I have figured out a build and I like what I see I get all my exotic gear together and make the character: meaning I skip the rare armour set.

Why? No point in using it, I can get exotics for free from dungeons which I do everyday; meaning we have a set of gear that is very under used. Infact the only use for rares are to salvage them for extos. So why add ascended and do the same to exotics? Also unless we can get ascended in dungeons, the exotics we get from dungeons are going to be worth even less then they are now. Please do not add ascended gear to GW2.

Btw I did like the idea of only being about to get one piece of ascended a day, and I wonder why this can not be done retroactively to exotics? It might make them worth something.

I know some may disagree with me but I felt I should make a thread for those who are against this to post on. Thanks.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

One piece of asceneded a day?

No no no you wish

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Ascended gear AFAIK was planned before release and just didn’t come out in time.

And you’re right, there is no point in using it if you don’t like ascended since you can use exotics. And there is no point in getting exotics since rares are fine. And so on. You can even wear whites and still do fine.

Heck, people have done Cof runs naked.

You’re not forced. It’s an option. Just like how you going for exotics is an option when whites are adequate.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’m quite happy about this. As they stated they are time hating the crafting so that players “create and maintain their own economy”, so this will not only make crafting profitable but also infers that the armors and weapons are tradable, meaning you can purchase a full set (probably for an absurd amount of gold) on the trading post.

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

What if ascended gear is only craftable and you have to run instances or pvp/wvw to get the mats instead of the gear itself.

Considering the current time-gating with asc/legendary gear, I don’t forsee exotics suddenly becoming worthless.