Crafted skins unlocked

Crafted skins unlocked

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

During the 4 years I’ve played the game, I have unlocked the skins for atleast 1 set multiple times. Today marks atleast the 4th time I’ve done this.

Roughly a year ago, I went through my unlocked skins and noticed I didn’t have the light Acolyte mask unlocked. Which was odd, because I remember wearing this skin on 1 of my mesmers before account wardrobe. So, a year ago, I got on my tailor, noted that I had the recipes unlocked and crafted all 6 armor pieces AGAIN.

When the BL chest change came recently, I unlocked some skin that I thought I should’ve had, so I checked my unlocks again and noticed all 6 pieces of light acolyte was locked again.

Today, I recrafted these pieces again, still the recipes are unlocked on my level 500 tailor, yet the skins were not. I KNOW I’ve unlocked this set Multiple times, WHAT is going on with this bug?

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Have you filed a bug report in game or here (using the Support button at the top of the page or in the bug forum)?

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Crafting the pieces doesn’t unlock them. You have to bind them (equip them or right click and choose “unlock in wardrobe”) to unlock the skin. If you’ve not done that, then that’s why they’re showing up as locked.

Now, if you’re absolutely sure you’ve equipped/unlocked the skin that way since the Wardrobe went in, then yeah, you might want to contact support.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

As Rose said, merely crafting or even obtaining a skin doesn’t unlock it in the wardrobe. You need to either equip it (soulbinding it if its Green or above), Right Click “Unlock Skin in Wardrobe” (which makes it account-bound without equipping it), or salvage / mystic forge it.

Basically, the way the devs set up the wardrobe is such that they want you to “remove the item from the economy” in order to unlock it. They don’t want people unlocking skins then selling them afterward. Merely acquiring the item isn’t enough to unlock a skin unless its an account-bound item in the first place.

Blue items are the exception, since they don’t account-bind on equipping. You still need to equip them or manually unlock the skin though.

I know you said you had the skin equipped before the wardrobe, but if you’ve never equipped one since that point and were just crafting and selling them thinking that was unlocking it, that would explain your issue.

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Which was odd, because I remember wearing this skin on 1 of my mesmers before account wardrobe. So, a year ago, I got on my tailor, noted that I had the recipes unlocked and crafted all 6 armor pieces AGAIN.

Wearing before the wardrobe doesn’t count. It’s wearing after the wardrobe that counts. And crafting doesn’t count. You need to salvage it, select put in wardrobe or use in the mystic forge to put the skin in the wardrobe.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Crafting the pieces doesn’t unlock them. You have to bind them (equip them or right click and choose “unlock in wardrobe”) to unlock the skin. If you’ve not done that, then that’s why they’re showing up as locked.

Now, if you’re absolutely sure you’ve equipped/unlocked the skin that way since the Wardrobe went in, then yeah, you might want to contact support.

I’ve know how to unlock a skin.

Over the years, I’ve equipped them, I’ve salvaged them and each time it says Ive unlocked the skins.

The Helm is the very first item under wardrobe, so it’s easily noticed when you look at your skins.

Prior to account unlock I was wearing the skins on my mesmer, so obviously I had “unlocked” them at one point.

Yet, I know for a fact I’ve crafted this set atleast twice thus far.

My concern, is knowing this bug bug exists, and if the helm wasn’t the first item, how do we know that this isn’t happening with other pieces.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My concern, is knowing this bug bug exists, and if the helm wasn’t the first item, how do we know that this isn’t happening with other pieces.

And this is why if you’re confident it is a bug it’s important to report it.

It’s even more important if it’s something that’s easy to miss because you can’t just assume that someone else has spotted it and reported it, or that they provided enough detail for Anet to fix it. (I’ve worked in customer support and you would not believe how many times I’ve had to start from an email along the lines of “I have a problem with [vague product name] how can I get it fixed?” No info on what the problem is or anything else that might make it possible to answer the question.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We haven’t established that the bug exists, only that one person (yourself) is claiming a bug. Doesn’t it seem likely that if there is such a bug, lots of people would be reporting lots of skins that have gone missing? In particular, people would be up in arms if any high-end skin went missing,

I’m not saying, OP, that there’s no bug. I’m only saying based on the evidence presented so far, I’d look to one of the other potential explanations first.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Crafted skins unlocked

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

What I’d suggest is to unlock it today. Verify by checking the wardrobe that it is actually unlocked. Take a screenshot of it unlocked in your wardrobe. Then keep an eye on it (its a recurring bug according to your topic here), and if it ever disappears from your wardrobe again then you know for sure its a bug and can report it with screenshot evidence.