Crafting

Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Christopher.8049

Christopher.8049

Is there any way to make a profit from crafting?

At first glance it seems there is very little gold to be made from crafting, What do you think?

Have you got any tips

Signature removed by popular demand…….

Crafting

Posted by: LunarStrikes.2753

LunarStrikes.2753

I’m not really into this, but here’s what I think.

If there was a way that crafting would be profitable, a lot of people would be doing it, resulting in the prices of the involved materials to fluctuate, to the point it would no longer be profitable. So, I’d say no. Perhaps there are some things that can be crafted, that a few people know of, but are not gonna share it, because then a lot of people will do it, and thus not making it profitable anymore.

I used to craft Ascended Materials (Bolt of Damask, Deldrimor Steel Ingot, Spiritwood Plank and Elonian Leather Squarees) for a while, since the limitation on crafting one a day of each would be an argument for them being more expensive , but last time I checked, even that’s hardly any profit anymore, if at all.

Crafting

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some crafted items sell for a pretty penny. /shrug

It’s just a matter of looking at what items are going for, and if you have the mats (and recipes, if necessary) at hand, crafting, and placing them for sale.

Some players craft the Ascended mats every day for sale, I believe. Some of the Collection items are pricey.

Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is there any way to make a profit from crafting?

At first glance it seems there is very little gold to be made from crafting, What do you think?

Have you got any tips

Nearly all of the time-gated crafts are profitable to make and that’s entirely because they are time gated, so the impatient are willing to pay a premium to have them sooner rather than later.

For everything else, there are always some items that are profitable, but that varies with the market, sometimes within the hour, sometimes over the course of days or weeks. You have to do the research.

I can’t give you specific tips, because as soon as I post them and a few people start to use the tips, they’ll stop being profitable. The margins are good, but the volumes that remain profitable are generally very low.

For a few ideas, try our own Mystic’s GW2 Profits, which has a variety of value-adding methods of investing time & resources:

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Crafting

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Is there any way to make a profit from crafting

No.

Why? – Because the mats sell for more than the finished product. There are 4 ways to get gear in this game.

Why though? – Arena Net has made getting gear way too easy.

1.) Run dungeons. – Save your tokens, buy gear.
2.) Farm karma. – Get a ranged weapon, tag mobs, and E-Z Mode your way to temple gear in Orr. Temple gear has the same stats as exotics.
3.) Farm Silverwastes and Orr. – Use the gold to buy your gear out of the trading post.
4.) Craft. – Which requires you to use the mats that you would be selling to make gold.

With the top three alternatives, why bother crafting? Now if crafting was the only way to get gear outside of drops, then yeah, the price of gear would go up. Not to mention, you don’t even need exotics to play. This is a co-op game, stick with the zerg with in PvE, auto attack and get loot. Worry about exotics and better gear later.

Crafting

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Yes it is possible.
There are some markets in the game where one can buy the raw materials > craft them into certain components that make a decent profit.
Another way you can craft for profit is making use of spirit shards. You can craft unique weapons for a profit there as well.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace