Crafting Eighty

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Can someone link me to a guide for power leveling 1-80 through crafting, please?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Not quite the same thing, but this site has great info on how to get crafts to 400: GW2 Crafts

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Not quite the same thing, but this site has great info on how to get crafts to 400: GW2 Crafts

I think this is the power-leveling he’s talking about. I used this site to level my last character to 80. It has the most efficient (xp/gold) path to 80 and gives you a list of exactly what to buy and make. It’s a great resource for those who want to get a character to 80 quickly.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

To 80? You get 10 levels per craft. You can retain 2 crafts per character. Seems like a waste to be maxing crafts then removing them to do another. Leveling is already pretty easy in gw2, especially heavy armor classes.

I suppose ANET would really cash in if they sold lvl60 characters including a crafting booster with each purchase lol

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Tidbit.9352

Tidbit.9352

Thanks for posting this link. I’m about to level an alt with crafting too, and this was the exact information I was looking for.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Beast site. Thanks!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

To 80? You get 10 levels per craft. You can retain 2 crafts per character. Seems like a waste to be maxing crafts then removing them to do another. Leveling is already pretty easy in gw2, especially heavy armor classes.

I suppose ANET would really cash in if they sold lvl60 characters including a crafting booster with each purchase lol

You don’t remove them, you retain the skill level.

SO every character you craft all 8 on will have all 8 still… you can only have 2 active at any one time on a character, its like 2 silver or something to activate a different craft you have level up already.

Not a waste of time at all. I can get 1 to 80 in about 5 hours and 40ish gold depending on how much ive gained material wise with my main while playing. When you have 100% map completion you have pretty much done everything there is in the open world…. doing it again for alts is a tad boring after the first 10-20 levels lol

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Darkwolf.6291

Darkwolf.6291

40 silver when you have 400 skill, actually. Costs 10 copper per level you have in the skill you’re going to.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

40 silver when you have 400 skill, actually. Costs 10 copper per level you have in the skill you’re going to.

Thanks for the correction

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: T Man.4025

T Man.4025

If I follow this (for example) “Fast Guide” to level 400. Will this level my character to level 80? Upon completion of course.

PS: Sorry for grave digging.

Guild – [TF] Tactical Fury
IGN – Ironfist Legacy

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If I follow this (for example) “Fast Guide” to level 400. Will this level my character to level 80? Upon completion of course.

Nope .. you get only 7 levels for 1-400 since we got ascended crafting. For 10 levels you need to craft from 1-500 now, and Jewelcrafting and cooking still can only be crafted from 1-400.

Also 400-500 always costs a lot of gold.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No. Right now you only gain 10 levels, if you level a craft from 0-500. As Jeweler and Cook can only be raised to 400 atm, they only give 7 levels, so 76 is the highest you can get with solely crafting.

However, raising your crafting from 425-500 is quite costly, so i wouldnt recommend it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Also 400-500 always costs a lot of gold.

400-425 actually isnt expensive, as all you need to do is refine t6 mats, which will mostly hold or raise their value, once refined.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

400-425 actually isnt expensive, as all you need to do is refine t6 mats, which will mostly hold or raise their value, once refined.

Ok .. thats a good point

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: T Man.4025

T Man.4025

Thank you all so much for clearing that up… Much appreciated =]

So, theoretically, if I level a character to level 24. And then decided to spend the (Roughly 150Gold I calculated give or take) on getting all Craftings to level 400. I should be level 80?

400 = 7 Levels.
7 × 8 = 56
Level 24 + 56 Lvls = Level 80?

Guild – [TF] Tactical Fury
IGN – Ironfist Legacy

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Thank you all so much for clearing that up… Much appreciated =]

So, theoretically, if I level a character to level 24. And then decided to spend the (Roughly 150Gold I calculated give or take) on getting all Craftings to level 400. I should be level 80?

400 = 7 Levels.
7 × 8 = 56
Level 24 + 56 Lvls = Level 80?

Yes.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

You don’t lose your crafting skills, you can only have 2 active at the same time, you can change which are active for around 40 silver at lvl 80.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

You don’t lose your crafting skills, you can only have 2 active at the same time, you can change which are active for around 40 silver at lvl 80.

I hope you are aware that you are responding to a 1 year old post. Someone else already pointed that out, anyways, also a year ago.

Crafting Eighty

in Crafting

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

425-450 is not that expensive either. All the adapt level rare discoveries will cover most of it, and sell for as much or more than the mats cost. That will not get you to quite 450 probably somewhere around 440-445. but pretty close.