Crafting ascended...

Crafting ascended...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi,
So last night I made the decision to slowly get back into the game. I guess Chris Whiteside’s Collaborative discussion thread re-invigorated me with GW2. Anyways, I took a gander at what I would need for an ascended weapon. It looks…daunting. I feel it is going to be a ton of mats to just craft my way to the required crafting level. Is this true?

Any tips ? Suggestions? Do most people have their ascended weapons? Is this going to be painful?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Don’t feel too bad. I still haven’t hit 500 in any of the ascended weapon crafts.

The table is a fable.

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i can say that economy is broken.

Some people will have to grind like hell making some TP flippers rich in the meantime….
I don t understand how this is tolerated, and i may be wrong but anet economist seems to either deny this or even worse supporting it….and never directly answered concern of players about it :|

The good thing is that at least once you have crafting to 500, and you have recovered from the hit, crafting weapons is not so expensive.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

400-425: Refine ore, leather, and wood

425-450: I believe you can make the new recipes from the living story and make an okay profit from it for now (although I don’t think that counts buying the recipe)

450-465/8: Refine dragonite, empyreal, and bloodstone dust

465/8-475/6: Continue making the new recipes (Or beyond 476, no idea when it stops being a good grind)

475/6-500: Discover exotics

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Leveling crafting to 500 is absolutely the worst part.
GW2 Crafts will give you an idea of what you’re in for. Roughly 150-175 gold per crafting profession and then the actual costs of the ascended weapon itself on top of that. You need something silly like a total of 750 ori and ancient wood per profession. Sure you can gather mats yourself, but the time/opportunity costs are the same.
(fair warning: soft/seasoned/hard wood gathering for spiritwood planks sucks)

(edited by thehipone.6812)

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Some people will have to grind like hell making some TP flippers rich in the meantime….
I don t understand how this is tolerated, and i may be wrong but anet economist seems to either deny this or even worse supporting it….and never directly answered concern of players about it :|

The good thing is that at least once you have crafting to 500, and you have recovered from the hit, crafting weapons is not so expensive.

Supporting it. He’s in favor of TP flipping because it helps the market reach equilibrium.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Crafting ascended...

LordByron.8369

Supporting it. He’s in favor of TP flipping because it helps the market reach equilibrium.

Common flipper excuse……
While flipping decrease gold quantity via tp fees, is also true that when a player can amass 10-100X wealh comparing to Others they start devaluating gold themselves to the point that anything really needed or rare is AS broken AS in games without TP fees.

Infact the game is grindy even if its not supposed to be.

Other the fact how wrong is to have a player that flip market have thousands golds (FACT) where fractal, WWW and PvP players are struggling with ascended equipment.

You can t deny how economy is totally broken FOR NORMAL PLAYERS.

I still want to know why cof1, fractal, champ trains, orr etc etc etc got nerfed and TP flipping is not.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Crafting ascended...

TooBz.3065

Common flipper excuse……
While flipping decrease gold quantity via tp fees, is also true that when a player can amass 10-100X wealh comparing to Others they start devaluating gold themselves to the point that anything really needed or rare is AS broken AS in games without TP fees.

Infact the game is grindy even if its not supposed to be.

Other the fact how wrong is to have a player that flip market have thousands golds (FACT) where fractal, WWW and PvP players are struggling with ascended equipment.

You can t deny how economy is totally broken FOR NORMAL PLAYERS.

I still want to know why cof1, fractal, champ trains, orr etc etc etc got nerfed and TP flipping is not.

Man, I don’t support flipping. I don’t do it. Personally, I don’t see the advantage to having prices at equilibrium or even if there is an equilibrium.

While I can’t figure out a rational argument to support it, it seems like when flippers target a particular good or market the price actually seems to rise, which hurts everyone else.

But there is no denying that ANet is very very Laissez-fair when it comes to the market.

IMO, ANet cares much more about you logging in every day and getting frustrated enough that you buy gems for gold than it cares about the economy working for normal plays or people having fun.

Eventually this game will be one big zerg running from champ to champ or tower to tower because everyone who doesn’t enjoy that will move on to a different game.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

My tip on ascended crafting would be to NOT farm any specific materials other than ascended.

Almost everything that can be bought on the trading post can be bought at a good price when considering the time-effort invovled in farming it.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I think it’s a double sided sword. Flippers are making some of the prices go higher, however they are keeping inflation down. It’s people that are farming dungeons, mats, champ boxes, and selling to vendors that are keeping prices lower while at the same time increasing inflation.

RIP in peace Robert

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I just made my first ascended yesterday. The hardest part was grinding out all the Empyreals, other than that bloodstone and dragonite dropped like candy. Refining them got me from 450-473 and then I think I needed to make 7 or 8 more exotics to reach 500.

Best advice is to grind up a bunch of t6 mats so you don’t have to pay nearly as much for the mats to make the exo’s you need to get from 475ish-500. You’ll probably still have to buy some lower tier wood or metals unless you’re farming lower level zones for them, but I think all in all it actually cost me less than 50 gold…it did help that I had over 100 obsidian shards banked because I had nothing to use them on prior.

Crafting ascended...

TooBz.3065

I just made my first ascended yesterday. The hardest part was grinding out all the Empyreals, other than that bloodstone and dragonite dropped like candy. Refining them got me from 450-473 and then I think I needed to make 7 or 8 more exotics to reach 500.

Best advice is to grind up a bunch of t6 mats so you don’t have to pay nearly as much for the mats to make the exo’s you need to get from 475ish-500. You’ll probably still have to buy some lower tier wood or metals unless you’re farming lower level zones for them, but I think all in all it actually cost me less than 50 gold…it did help that I had over 100 obsidian shards banked because I had nothing to use them on prior.

It all depends on how you like to play. I get lots of empyreals and very little dragonite.

Crafting ascended...

rizzo.1079

It all depends on how you like to play. I get lots of empyreals and very little dragonite.

Oh yeah that’s true, but unless you spend a lot of time playing you’re going to be short on one of the 3 mats and have to grind them probably. I think the important part was having a lot of high tier mats and not having to buy them, blood and bones get expensive…

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

I’ve got Weaponsmith and Huntsman to 500. Three weapons crafted, and I spent less than 100 g. That being said I am a fairly consistent T6 node runner, so I had the mats for Exotics mostly already lying around. Getting to 500 both times I did still have to buy more ore and wood, I did not have to buy any trophies.

My wife, who has considerably less play time than I do, just got Weaponsmith done this past week.

It’s really not that bad, although you may have to do some aspects of the game you don’t normally do. It depends on your preference.

Ore and wood are cheapest farmed, and if you have time to do events along the way you’ll get plenty of trophies. Alternatives can include making cash elsewhere and buying mats, but prices are high across the board at the moment. Ascended mats come with different aspects: Bloodstone dust is obnoxiously easy to get from champ farming, dragonite comes from world bosses, and empyreal shards come from dungeons (20), WvW (tower lords, camp supervisors, and most JPs).

The other fun bit is the lowbie mats. Luckily I had a fair bit built up before ascended came in, but I burned through them very quickly. If you want to gather them, I’d suggest taking toons who don’t have the zones you need to farm complete. Doing it on a zone-complete toon got boring fast for me. They are still relatively cheap, and I did a mix of framing/buying.

The good news is that because so much of the ascended bits are account bound you will always make some kind of profit if and when you choose to sell the pieces you can. I’m not planning on building another weapon for a bit, and have been selling off the exotic inscriptions to build up some cash, but the ascended inscriptions (if they sell, I have no experience with this yet) are listing at more than 40g last I looked.

Crafting ascended...

LordByron.8369

I think it’s a double sided sword. Flippers are making some of the prices go higher, however they are keeping inflation down. It’s people that are farming dungeons, mats, champ boxes, and selling to vendors that are keeping prices lower while at the same time increasing inflation.

gw2 spidy is invalidating your point.
Inflation is in check ONLY for tp players.
Normal players have so many economy/grinding issues that you can find many topicsin each forum section.

Precursor
Crafting
Gem prices
T6

etc etc etc etc
And nonetheless ANET stepped in game economy more than once proof that economy doesn t work.
But for some misterious reasons they never “balance” tp profits.
As they made with basically everything else.

GW2 balance:

Crafting ascended...

cesmode.4257

So..
Dragonite, empyreal, bloodstone dust…
Are these found in chests and champ bags only?

Crafting ascended...

rizzo.1079

Yeah and you get the empyreal for dungeon runs and doing stuff in wvw apparently too.

Crafting ascended...

cesmode.4257

Yeah and you get the empyreal for dungeon runs and doing stuff in wvw apparently too.

Will I need a ton of these new materials as well?

Crafting ascended...

TooBz.3065

So..

Bloodstone dust are from champs. (most efficient, champ train and you’ll be rolling in it)

Dragonite are from temples, world bosses, and taking keeps and castles in WvW. (most efficient, Dragons, Golem, and temples)

Empyreals are from dungeon runs, jumping puzzles, world chests, and taking camps and towers in WvW (most efficient, dungeon runs).

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Crafting ascended...

TooBz.3065

Will I need a ton of these new materials as well?

You need 500 dragonite, 500 empyreals, and 500 bloodstone dust to make 1 ascended weapon.

Crafting ascended...

rizzo.1079

What you want to do is go here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon
figure out what weapon you want to craft and then drill down through the links to figure out all the mats you’ll need for it. Then you have to craft to 500.

Protip: Artificers can craft potions to get from (I think)400-450 or so. Potions of ice brood killing or whatever the name is are nice to make because they’re useful for Frostgorge farming.

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

gw2 spidy is invalidating your point.
Inflation is in check ONLY for tp players.
Normal players have so many economy/grinding issues that you can find many topicsin each forum section.

Precursor
Crafting
Gem prices
T6

etc etc etc etc
And nonetheless ANET stepped in game economy more than once proof that economy doesn t work.
But for some misterious reasons they never “balance” tp profits.
As they made with basically everything else.

I forgot how much I never understand the points you are trying to make.

All I was saying was while, yes, TP flippers may be raising the prices of items, they are also raising the value of gold, which helps curb inflation. People who vendor, farm champ boxes, etc keep prices lower, however they lower the value of gold.

RIP in peace Robert

Crafting ascended...

cesmode.4257

So..

Bloodstone dust are from champs. (most efficient, champ train and you’ll be rolling in it)

Dragonite are from temples, world bosses, and taking keeps and castles in WvW. (most efficient, Dragons, Golem, and temples)

Empyreals are from dungeon runs, jumping puzzles, world chests, and taking camps and towers in WvW (most efficient, dungeon runs).

Thank you sir, exactly what I wanted to see.

So Im in for another grind/farm it seems for at least the the T6 mats. I dont think these new mats will be overly difficult to acquire. Unless I need 5000 dust, when I only get 5 dust from a champ bag. ..

Edit: I read your next post. A second thank you.

Crafting ascended...

LordByron.8369

TP flippers may be raising the prices of items, they are also raising the value of gold,

How did a precursor cost 3 months ago?
6-10 months ago?
How much did gossamer and orichalcum cost?
How much did it cost to level via craft a character?
Gem price?

You may say its due to more gold generated…

How hard was 3-6-10 months ago to get a legendary?
How hard was 3-6-10 months ago to get rare skins?
How hard was to get gems.

Everything increased far more than gold earnings…..
In the maintime some players have so much moneys they can attempt at manipulate stuff just for fun.

Gold is effectively devaluating for everyone but TP players wich rather than gold plays with goods and items.

Mostly because gold rewards are often nerfed for everyone but TP flippers.
(see also last patch….and i didn t even farm champs once….).

Its really dungerous for an economy when an 0,1% of population (that is quite a lot) get and abysmal sum of wealth.

WP, market fees, repair costs, FOOD etc are good means of keeping gold value in check.
Flippers are not….are just a cancer for economy and the game itself as they Always had been since the first mmorpg.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hi,
So last night I made the decision to slowly get back into the game. I guess Chris Whiteside’s Collaborative discussion thread re-invigorated me with GW2. Anyways, I took a gander at what I would need for an ascended weapon. It looks…daunting. I feel it is going to be a ton of mats to just craft my way to the required crafting level. Is this true?

Any tips ? Suggestions? Do most people have their ascended weapons? Is this going to be painful?

My 2 copper:

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but it was much worse than it should be.

Gear treadmills (even ones that are as slow as the one in GW2) make me a sad panda, but there’s too much other stuff I like about this game to quit over that, so I went ahead and made my ascended weapon. Honestly, the hardest part was leveling crafting to 500.

The best tip I can give: A watched pot doesn’t boil. Don’t sweat how long it takes to make the weapon.

Crafting ascended...

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

After reading this thread, I’m so happy I decided NOT to craft this junk (just wait until ascended armor, LOL). I’m off to earn gear by actually playing the game. A different game.

Crafting ascended...

rizzo.1079

Hi,

My 2 copper:

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but it was much worse than it should be.

Gear treadmills (even ones that are as slow as the one in GW2) make me a sad panda, but there’s too much other stuff I like about this game to quit over that, so I went ahead and made my ascended weapon. Honestly, the hardest part was leveling crafting to 500.

The best tip I can give: A watched pot doesn’t boil. Don’t sweat how long it takes to make the weapon.

That’s really good advice. I wasn’t actually shooting to make the weapon until a couple weeks ago when I realized all I really had to farm up was the empyreal’s and then I hit up jp’s once a day to get ’em.