Crafting in Home Instance - Idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Good Afternoon All,

I think most of us feel like our Home District feel unpolished and incomplete. Anet has taken baby steps to make changes to our Home District; e.g. different npcs, gathering nodes based on metas. I’ve always thought that we should be able to craft in our home instance, so while harvesting my nodes giggity I was thinking on how this could be done at a reasonable price.

I like what Anet has done with the new Grandmaster traits where you can either buy them or explore to unlock them. I think they could do the same with crafting table recipes.

I’m thinking of two ways you could create the crafting tables.

Method 1 – Simple Construction, combine all items in MF:
Armorsmith – Recipe, Gift of Metal, 100 Ori Ingots, 100 Bolts of Gossamer Weaponsmith – Recipe, Gift of Metal, 100 Ori Ingots, 100 Ancient Wood Planks

Method 2 – Promotion (e.g. spinal backpack) Armorsmithing
Level 1 – Create crafting lv. 75 items – Recipe + Copper Ingots + Jute Bolts
Level 2 – Level 1 item + Iron Ingots + Wool Bolts
Level 3 – Level 2…..

I know this idea isn’t completely fleshed out, but I’m just day dreaming at work and wondered if anyone had similar ideas.

Cheers

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

yeah man, there’s a ton of stuff it would be cool to have in a home instance. its kind of amazing how generic and crappy our home instances are, when you think about it. imagine if our achievements, instead of a point tally, were represented by trophies and decorations in our home? it would be glorious.

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

My guess is we will get more stuff in the way of this when we get player housing and guild halls. I just wish I had been able to get the crystal and watchwork nodes when they were available. Candy corn is nice, but nowhere near as helpful as celestial and zealots gear.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

They want to pull players into community areas whenever possible. Private areas for services are available, but with a gem cost for tickets that keeps their overall usage to a minimum.

I should be writing.