Crafting only way to Ascended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Okiru.7635

Okiru.7635

Is there a way to get ascended armor and weapons without crafting it yoursefl? I dislike crafting, I usually just gather and sell the mats in all the MMOs I’ve played. This used to be my favorite game prior to ascended gear, haven’t played in months.

I enjoy doing dungeons, world events, and wvw. Now I feel my toons will always be subpar to others. My ideal way to get ascended gear would be to added as a guarantee random ascended gear to the end boss of each explorable dungeon.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

No crafting is the only way but before that you need to farm materials because those are account bound you cannot buy them.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There are chances to get them as drops as well. I’ve seen quite a few in WvW also, apparently from the WvW rank chests.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Ascended weapons have a chance to be dropped from champion bags, I got an ascended rabbid weapon from a bag dropped in WvW.
Ascended trinkets you can get in fractals, laurels, guild commendation, you can get full sets easily.
Ascended armors so far is only by craft, but Anet is looking into other ways of obtain that, obviously it won’t be as easy as your idea of guaranteed from dungeon boss.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Remember the chance at an ascended drop is so rare you might as well count it nonexistent.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Okiru.7635

That makes this non-crafter sad, I guess I will maintain this game shelved. Such a fantastic game, my favorite toon of all MMOs is in this game. But sadly nobody wants to play a toon they feel is kitten , no matter how cool you feel he is and how much you enjoy the gameplay. Wonder how many other non-crafters have stopped playing because of this too.

Okiru.7635

Belzebu, my idea wouldn’t truly be that easy. You could be trying to farm a Greatsword for weeks and get everything else but. The point is that it would give those how don’t craft a small glimp of hope and a carrot on a stick.

Okiru.7635

Ty for the quick replies, miss the GW2 community!

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Remember the chance at an ascended drop is so rare you might as well count it nonexistent.

I have gotten 4 ascended weapon box drops since the fractured update. While rare they are not nonexistent. I have also seen at least 10 or 12 more boxes drop in some of the groups or guildies I am around.

Now this isn’t the best way to obtain anything because there is no guarantee that the stats you want will drop any time soon, but the boxes are dropping at a decent rate.

On a side note, I thought ascended armor boxes were supposed to be in the loot tables now, was this something that didn’t get added. I haven’t seen one yet, so I assume it is something coming in the future.

Hjorje

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Ascended weapons/armor can drop from anywhere that ascended crafting materials can drop. Like champ bags, world boss chests, WvW.

But the drop rate is really, REALLY low. Do not count on it.

Your toon will do just fine in WvW, dungeons, and world bosses decked out in all exotics. Don’t let not having ascended gear stop you from enjoying yourself.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

If you’ve honestly stopped playing because of a +1 stat increase on a piece of armor, that’s your own problem. Ascended gear, INCLUDING ARMOR, can drop from anywhere that ascended items can drop.

Belzebu.3912

You can farm gold and buy a legendary, it has the same stats of an ascended with the option of pick the stats and involves 0 crafting (ascended weapon problem solved)

Now about the armor, you’ll have to wait to check new ways of acquire it.

But I agree with Stark, if you quit the game because you can’t have the best armor of the game w/o craft or luck, well … it is your problem.

Okiru.7635

It’s not really a problem Stark, it’s a choice… Thanks for yor opinion though.

Okiru.7635

Whoa folks, calm down with it being a problem thing lol. It’s too early to be so negative.

Okiru.7635

I got the info I needed, thank you all for your replies. Happy gaming!!! *wave

Belzebu.3912

Whoa folks, calm down with it being a problem thing lol. It’s too early to be so negative.

I think the people are more intrigued than angry, I think the reason you showed us about your leaving seems, to most of us, a bit shallow, so we are trying to understand your reasons, at least that is my point of view.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Since the fractal release I saw my guildmates drop 6 Ascended weapons box. 5 from fractal and 1 from a World Boss. I also saw about 10 weapons box from random people after a World Boss (but they could be troll). Drop rate of weapons box is not really a problem its just fine. Of course don’t expect to get a weapons box if you play once in a while and of course some ppl like me did 30-40 fractal and 100 World boss without any weapons boxes while my friend got one 2 fractal after the fractured release.

The only think about the drop are the stats. Right you can choose your weapons type, but I prefer my beserker exotic over an ascended cleric’s weapons. Anyway, i found interesting that someone like me, that already have all crafting profession to 500 , had my main full ascended, and still have plenty of material to do other weapon/armor for my alts, don’t plan at all to make any ascended stuff for my alt at all while some people that play more casually think about quitting the game because they won’t be able to equip most of their toons with ascended gear.

P.S. : From dungeon, high level fractal to big Zerg vs Zerg in WvW i never saw any difference with or without my ascended armor/weapons. I had way more fun by crafting my Endless Plush Griffon Tonic and creating a Plush Griffon pack with my guildmates.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

God forbid, 30 minutes of crafting to get to 500. Woe is you.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Nothing to do with crafting—that part is easy.
It’s the grind, the time gating, the cost, the time getting everything that slows down the process. The Time and cost to get to 500.
Made one and working on a second, but it’s not my focus—it’ll happen.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Crafting is the only realistic way to get the armor and weapons you want (stat wise).

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Is there a way to get ascended armor and weapons without crafting it yoursefl? I dislike crafting, I usually just gather and sell the mats in all the MMOs I’ve played. This used to be my favorite game prior to ascended gear, haven’t played in months.

I enjoy doing dungeons, world events, and wvw. Now I feel my toons will always be subpar to others. My ideal way to get ascended gear would be to added as a guarantee random ascended gear to the end boss of each explorable dungeon.

Take heart, multiple avenues of acquiring ascended armor/weapons are coming to the game soon. The CDI on vertical progression was pretty productive, I expect the gear to be available for badges/laurels/etc soon.

I absolutely loathe the crafting system in this game, and most people I meet won’t bother with ascended armor till it’s available from doing what we enjoy in the game anyway.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Take heart, multiple avenues of acquiring ascended armor/weapons are coming to the game soon. The CDI on vertical progression was pretty productive, I expect the gear to be available for badges/laurels/etc soon.

I absolutely loathe the crafting system in this game, and most people I meet won’t bother with ascended armor till it’s available from doing what we enjoy in the game anyway.

I don’t mind the crafting, but I am definitely one of the many that supports additional acquisition methods for ascended gear. Let pvpers pvp, dungeoners dungeon, fractals runner play fractals, etc and so on, to acquire their gear.

Still, I don’t they committed to anything thru the CDI. They heard our cries, they acknowledged what we wanted; however, the most I saw them commit to was that they would discuss it internally. Nothing has been said definitively that they will give us more acquisition options. Unless I missed something? I have my fingers and my toes crossed though…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Funny, I absolutely loathe time gating, which is why I refuse to participate in this ascended madness. Things I do in game don’t feel time gated anymore because I run many alts so I can do things multiple times for the same or near same reward until I run out of alts… which rarely ever happens.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I simply don’t have the time to do ascended gear and what time I have to play I don’t want to spend it grinding champ farms or repeatedly running the same stuff over and over and over again.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I simply don’t have the time to do ascended gear and what time I have to play I don’t want to spend it grinding champ farms or repeatedly running the same stuff over and over and over again.

Read my signature.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Read my signature.

LOL I remember when that statement came out.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I havn’t done the ascended armor. But my experience with ascended weapon, is beside the 500 gold used and the enourmous amount of time farming world event and dungeon. THe actual crafting part barely takes any time.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Nothing to do with crafting—that part is easy.
It’s the grind, the time gating, the cost, the time getting everything that slows down the process. The Time and cost to get to 500.
Made one and working on a second, but it’s not my focus—it’ll happen.

I think it’s the part where everyone is complaining about crafting.

But clicking a few buttons barely taken any time. It’s the collection of material and gold which is tedious.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Read my signature.

LOL I remember when that statement came out.

Remember the one where they didn’t want their title to feel like a job. That it should be fun thru and thru? Or how about the one where they claimed that because the DE/metas were so much easier for them to push out that those would be their focus (long before fractals showed up suddenly). I remember those clearly, those two were why I bought the game.

I am surprised honestly that they made it a crafting thing, that everything is BOP that it takes more time to gather the mats for ascended in some cases than T6 mats which they still hadn’t fixed a month after I stopped logging in and started reading patch notes. And that they didn’t adopt a karma system for ascended with the nerfs they already put in.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Read my signature.

They said they don’t want players to grind. They never said you wouldn’t have to. :P

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

We had a guild mate of ours get an ascended chest piece from the champion run in queensdale, so yes the armor is dropping with the same frequency of the weapons.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

A friend of mine has gotten a WupWup Weapon Chest and a precursor (The Chosen) from Tri-Key chests. Much better luck than I’ve experienced in the game.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Now this isn’t the best way to obtain anything because there is no guarantee that the stats you want will drop any time soon, but the boxes are dropping at a decent rate.

You would be wise not to make assumptions that your own experience is the same as that of other players. I have killed Teq dozens of times and killed hundreds of bosses in PvE and WvW that can drop the boxes and have not had a single drop. Those in my guild have had minimal drops as well.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

well, it’s not crafting the best way to ascended…
it’s gems… and months of heavy grinding.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Anyone remember back when they first introduced ascended when ArenaNet admitted in a Reddit AMA that it was a mistake making ascended only attainable through 1 method? If you EVER believed that ArenaNet would learn from mistakes, NOPE. I guess in their eyes as long as some of the ascended has an abysmal chance to drop and trinkets are available through other means that’s a win?

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

Anyone remember back when they first introduced ascended when ArenaNet admitted in a Reddit AMA that it was a mistake making ascended only attainable through 1 method? If you EVER believed that ArenaNet would learn from mistakes, NOPE. I guess in their eyes as long as some of the ascended has an abysmal chance to drop and trinkets are available through other means that’s a win?

simply, they intended ascended to be available only through that 1 method.
nothing is a “mistake”.
everything has been discussed and discussed over the months before being launched.
it’s just their decision, as they wanted it to be.
there is nothing to hope for.
i really don’t think they ll never make ascended easier to acquire.
if also there were more ways to have one, it still would be a solemn, life-wasting, money-draining months-long grind. (well, i’m sure it’s not written in the right way, my english is very…you know it… hope you understand what i mean)
because it’s what they choose gw2 to be.

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i’d imagine they’ll end up expanding the laurel vendors to include them at some point too. if they’re relatively close in cost to the jewelry, it would still keep them time gated. they could set it up like they did with the recipes. one piece, pick the stats. they might need to increase the cost of two handed weapons though.