Crafting to 500

Crafting to 500

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t understand why crafting is getting 100 new levels just for ascended gear. What exactly is it we are supposed to craft for 100 levels? We can already make level 80 exotics at level 400. Why is there a need for players to grind 100 more levels before they can craft a level 80 ascended item? It just seems like grind for the sake of grind.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Maybe anet should just GIVE ascended weapon for you?

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

They’ve already said that you’ll be crafting the new materials needed for Ascended items. It will also be time gated, so the grind will be more of a slow process.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Yes. Why not. I don’t want to work in a frigging game to play the actual frigging game.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Imagine – new skins? No clue, how far will the 400 recipes get us? To 450? Then there would be only need for one batch of things until 500.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Crafting to 500

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Yes. This would be better.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You’ll probably have to craft exotic stuff up to 450, which will then introduce ascended insignias. The T7 material transmute will probably be in there somewhere. The weapons themselves will probably be at 500.

It’ll probably take at least a week of time gated T7 transmutes just to get to 500. Probably won’t see an ascended weapon for a month and it’ll probably suck for dual wielders, since they probably won’t make 1h weapons easier to make.

Crafting to 500

Molch.2078

Dualwield? You are concerned about dualwield? My warrior alone has over 12 different weapons and I use all of them frequently.
Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

Crafting to 500

TooBz.3065

Dualwield? You are concerned about dualwield? My warrior alone has over 12 different weapons and I use all of them frequently.
Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

Yeah, I don’t think Anet has really thought through how many different weapons and armor people have. I did an unscientific query and it looks like most people have at least 8ish weapons and 4+ armor sets. And that’s just for people who don’t have alts.

Grab your popcorn, this is going to be fun.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

Ascended in general is a massive kick in the genitals for anyone that enjoys build or character variety.

I got into GW2 because it promised to remove most of the treadmill associated with the generic kitten MMOs (i.e.: basically all of them). It’s slowly seeping this kitten back in, and with it my interest in this game is vanishing quickly.

I want a game, not a job. I expect to get paid for working, not the other way around.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

Ascended in general is a massive kick in the genitals for anyone that enjoys build or character variety.

agreed!! with the way they would be obtained,, with mass time gates and crafting mats, i don’t think build variety would be possible!
well… zerker 4ever for me than.. =/

Crafting to 500

TooBz.3065

I don’t have the same rage, but I look at it and I think “I don’t want to do that. That doesn’t seem like fun.”

Crafting to 500

Molch.2078

agreed!! with the way they would be obtained,, with mass time gates and crafting mats, i don’t think build variety would be possible!
well… zerker 4ever for me than.. =/

And I don’t even have something like a build variety – all the 12 weapons I mentioned have zerker stats. If I think of the people out there who actually like to play something different then zerker once in a while…

And I have 2-3 other characters I like to play with. Well, time to bury my Necro, Ranger and probably Thief and Ele, too….

Crafting to 500

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anet wants you to pick a single character and stick with it. Almost everything in this game is designed to screw over alts in one way or another.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I just knew some people would be unhappy with this….. I myself don’t like the time-gated idea, but I am glad I can at least craft ascended stuff now.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yes. Why not. I don’t want to work in a frigging game to play the actual frigging game.

Emptying out your bank of materials and syphoning your gold into the TP to sit at a crafting table every day isn’t my ideal version of playing the game. Unless ascended crafting utilises completely new crafting resources that are unrelated to existing ones (and it’s possible this will be the case as far as I know), this goes against the stated design of ascended gear “to ensure we have a proper progression for players from Exotic up to Legendary”. It’s not progression when the resources are the same, that’s competition. Players pointed out that the ascended back item recipes directly competed with legendary acquisition and one of the devs commented that they agreed and were looking at that. From what I’ve seen, nothing has been done about that.

Let’s be honest here. You aren’t going out to slay a dragon here. You’re not exploring some dark dungeon or uncovering lost treasures. You’re standing at a crafting table every day. Obtaining the materials might involve playing the game (it’s been stated that jumping puzzles and mini dungeons will award the new crafting mats – you can do this for a level 400 recipe though), but actually levelling up a crafting profession doesn’t add gameplay, it just gates you from level 500 and drains resources on the way there.

What items of value will you be making between level 400 and 500 that justifies adding 100 new levels? Is it really just for a time gated levelling process? What gameplay experience does that add to the game?

It’s also sad to see that ArenaNet have abandoned the “play how you want” model. Exotic gear was obtained from the TP, purchased with karma, dungeon tokens or badges and you could even craft it. You could opt out of any of those methods and still obtain your equipment (accessories were the exception for a long time). Now, if you want ascended weapons, you have to craft. There doesn’t appear to be a way around it.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

Yeah, I don’t think Anet has really thought through how many different weapons and armor people have. I did an unscientific query and it looks like most people have at least 8ish weapons and 4+ armor sets. And that’s just for people who don’t have alts.

I doubt seriously that most people have four plus armor sets. I know a few people with two armor sets, but one is MF and that will be gone.

I’m pretty sure (though I can’t prove it) that the bulk of the population has one armor set.

Of course, that might not be true for WvWers, but in PvE…I don’t think most people have more than one.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I doubt seriously that most people have four plus armor sets. I know a few people with two armor sets, but one is MF and that will be gone.

I’m pretty sure (though I can’t prove it) that the bulk of the population has one armor set.

Of course, that might not be true for WvWers, but in PvE…I don’t think most people have more than one.

Maybe, maybe not (I could see 2 for sure) – now weapons on the other hand … and they stated they would like to every profession having access to every weapon …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Crafting to 500

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Please no more timegated content. the celestial stat crafting is timegated no more now. This system is punishing people like me who play more than 1 character. it would take 1 month to get full celestial armor on 1 character, another 1 month for trinkets. if you have 6 characters it would had taken 1 year. Now because those stats are so bad i don’t mind. But i really hope this is not how ascended items are suppose to be.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I only hope gifts for legendaries will stay at 400 and we won’t need to craft tons of useless exos to get to 500.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

This game isnt even subscription based, so why bother with time gate crap? Its not like you are tricking us into wasting our sub time so we have to buy more. Your just doing it to be kittens.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

I got into GW2 because it promised to remove most of the treadmill associated with the generic kitten MMOs (i.e.: basically all of them). It’s slowly seeping this kitten back in, and with it my interest in this game is vanishing quickly.

I want a game, not a job. I expect to get paid for working, not the other way around.

I have eight characters with multiple weapon sets. Assuming i can replace those all with ascended ones before I die from old age, I’d need over a hundred transmutation crystals to preserve the appearances – which would get me right back to where I am now, with best-in-slot gear with the appearances i like.

I’m extremely upset over this decision.

Crafting to 500

TooBz.3065

Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

I actually don’t give a kitten if people have 1 or 4. If you are doing WvW and PvE you have at least two. If you swap between condition specs and power specs you have three. That’s if you don’t play around with different runes.

For weapons most people have at least 2-4 weapons. And that’s if they are very vanilla and never switch things up. Personally, my power mesmer mesmer has 3 armor sets, 4 swords, 2 greatswords, 2 stakitten , 1 focus, 1 torch, 1 pistol.

My condition mesmer has 4 armor sets, 2 swords, 2 scepters, 2 torches, 2 stakitten , 1 focus.
*As a further kick in the pants, half of the armor / weapons on this character is unsalvagable, so I need transmution stones to get runes / sigils out.

My guardian has 1 armor set, 1 sword, 1 focus, 1 great sword, 1 staff, 1 scepter, and 1 shield.

So it can vary.

However, I stand behind my statement that crafting ascended gear does not sound like fun. Time gating does not sound like fun.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I am struggling – struggling, I say! – to contain the joy I feel at the thought of being able to craft gear that I didn’t want in the game in the first place. Oh, to heck with it. Pardon me while I go dance in the street.

The table is a fable.

Crafting to 500

TooBz.3065

Just my warrior.

Waht teh KITTEN!

Trying to set aside the irritation I feel about this whole topic (which may be inadvertently directed your way, sorry).

So instead of just catering to the crowd who only play a single character (no alts), ANet is also catering to the crowd that plays a single weapon set with a single armor set on a single player.

This seem ridiculous to me.

No wonder these people are complaining there’s nothing to do. They’ve only played about 6% of the game.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I after say crafting is BORING and not looking forward to this at all…

I hope all the crafted ascended weapons can be sold on the TP, so I can just buy them, I don’t even mind over paying for them to save me from the boredom of crafting…

If they are account bound/soulbound/unique whatever, then they had better introduce another way of obtaining them in the future or my posts are going to take a negative turn for the worse with regards to GW2.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Anet wants you to pick a single character and stick with it.

A single char.
With a single build.
With a single weapon combination.
With a single armor and trinkets stat allocation.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I don’t understand it either. instead of giving us the first pve content or a new pvp game mode they’re giving a time gated crafting level increase. Talk about adding wrong content… with anet im not surprised at all though.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I love that it will take me time and money to reach the same level I’m at right now…

…said no one, ever.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Real reason for crafting increase? To make you buy gems so that you can craft your level up. Item Mall game is an Item Mall game.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

For classes with multiple weapons it’s probably going to be pretty bad. Multiply that with other classes this player might have and I wouldn’t be surprised if it took years to craft everything.

I have a strong feeling that we’re all going to have a good laugh when all of the details are officially released.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Would we suddenly be crafting exotics now to reach 500? Because even with the increased gold and drop rates, it would be one hell of a money sink still.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I like it. Bring it on. Crafting needed something that was more involved to make it worthwhile.

I just don’t understand why it’s only 3. Why not jewel crafting too?

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

100 more crafting levels is going to take a while….

Guess I better finish my weaponsmith to 400.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

In terms of fun and not profitability (assuming you can separate those), crafting is the worst part of the game.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Unleashed.6195

Unleashed.6195

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

You’re just not seeing the greatest benefit: You won’t have to worry about the glacial pace of increased build diversity or the lack of a meaningful non-pure-dps role in PvE content.

Crafting to 500

Lord Kuru.3685

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

This. Plus, new players (i.e., new customers, Anet!) will be at a severe disadvantage.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Ah, and i forgot: Anet whack a mole balance might pass and kill that build.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

i havent even finished getting all my ascended trinkets….

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

This. Plus, new players (i.e., new customers, Anet!) will be at a severe disadvantage.

How are they at a disadvantage and more importantly why should anet worry about that?

Should new players start at level 80 with a full set of exotics and crafting professions at 500 fresh out of the character creator? I’m not sure what you’re saying.

We all started at level 1 with 0 crafting professions and gear. I’m not sure where the disadvantage comes into play.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Great, more grind, just what this game needs.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Its being introduced because of all those people screaming there’s no character progression. Well here you go guys, progress.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

One question here… do all our exotics suddenly become useless and/or dissapear the moment ascended weapons show up?. Personally I’ve done dungeons still with green gear, even done fractals partied with people that just leveled 80, don’t see what the big deal about time gating the gear (maybe the fact that I still remember playing in games with crafting items with 3 days cooldown helps as well).

And personally I have 3 characters at 80, only one of them using berzerker gear, and a 4th probably hitting 80 this week, and I plan to slowly gear them ascended the same way I’m doing with laurels now, main first then in the order they hit 80. Actually looking forward to it as a long term goal.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Oh boy, I just love time gated garbage. More ways to keep people slooowly grinding away – every single day, wouldn’t want you not to log in – because they can’t be kitten to actually add endgame content for us to occupy our time with instead. I have 3,321h 45m over the last year and this game just keeps going further and further down the toilet.

Crafting to 500

Lord Kuru.3685

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

How are they at a disadvantage and more importantly why should anet worry about that?

Should new players start at level 80 with a full set of exotics and crafting professions at 500 fresh out of the character creator? I’m not sure what you’re saying.

We all started at level 1 with 0 crafting professions and gear. I’m not sure where the disadvantage comes into play.

Currently, getting to fully Exotic gear is pretty easy, even for a new player — there are lots of avenues for getting geared up.

It looks very much like Ascended gear will be a huge grind, locked behind time gates. The point being that getting to Ascended gear will be far harder than getting to Exotic gear, causing a big stat separation between your main and your alts, between your primary build and other builds, and between old players and new.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

This is ridiculous, even though I saw it coming back when Ascended gear was first added.

Every new piece of this tier they add drive us farther down the road of alt and variation hate. I have 8 characters I play, 6 of which have more than 1 set of armor/trinkets, and all of which have more than just a single weapon set. I’ve not even had a chance to put the majority of them into ascended jewerly, and they’re already rolling out weapons. I don’t have a main, I don’t want a main, and I shouldn’t have the devs trying to force me into one.

Why should I even bother trying more variation like I wanted to? I know that every piece of exotic gear I get is just waiting to be upgraded. I don’t to play the timegated treadmill game, because I’m forced into a disadvantage because the timegates are all account based. At least make the timegates character based. Make the laurels/commendations/T7 mats/etc give me the currency for each character to spend on themselves, or let me do something to earn them for those characters. Having alts shouldn’t force into waiting 8x longer. I have alts because I have time for alts…let me use that time.

I hope they really love their single character, single build, single armor set, single weapon set players, because that’s all they’re going to have left when they are done catering to them. Well, them and the very casual players that likely don’t even know or care what ascended gear is. I get wanting to add things that cater to certain types of players, but you don’t do that when it royally kittens over another type of player.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

Currently, getting to fully Exotic gear is pretty easy, even for a new player — there are lots of avenues for getting geared up.

It looks very much like Ascended gear will be a huge grind, locked behind time gates. The point being that getting to Ascended gear will be far harder than getting to Exotic gear, causing a big stat separation between your main and your alts, between your primary build and other builds, and between old players and new.

You didn’t answer the question and your claim. How are new players disadvantaged.

Crafting to 500

TooBz.3065

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

You didn’t answer the question and your claim. How are new players disadvantaged.

Have you ever noticed that uplevels get targeted in WvW. Do you know why? Because the upleveling doesn’t account for exotic gear. They are basically very squishy at hit like a we noodle. Take the same character and put them up against someone in ascended gear and squish. It won’t even be a fight.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Ravenmorghane.9287

Ravenmorghane.9287

Hey guys guess what
If you don’t fancy the idea of crafting …. and wait for it, this is the important part…
You don’t have to.
So stop whinging.
just sayin …

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Imagine – new skins? No clue, how far will the 400 recipes get us? To 450? Then there would be only need for one batch of things until 500.

The sucky thing is that my crafters have unlocked most of the 400-level recipes, so I won’t get the huge XP chunks you usually get for unlocking recipes. I’d have to plain craft stuff to get through the 400s, which is mighty expensive.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)