Crafting to 500

Crafting to 500

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

A single char.
With a single build.
With a single weapon combination.
With a single armor and trinkets stat allocation.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

This. Plus, new players (i.e., new customers, Anet!) will be at a severe disadvantage.

How are they at a disadvantage and more importantly why should anet worry about that?

Should new players start at level 80 with a full set of exotics and crafting professions at 500 fresh out of the character creator? I’m not sure what you’re saying.

We all started at level 1 with 0 crafting professions and gear. I’m not sure where the disadvantage comes into play.

Currently, getting to fully Exotic gear is pretty easy, even for a new player — there are lots of avenues for getting geared up.

It looks very much like Ascended gear will be a huge grind, locked behind time gates. The point being that getting to Ascended gear will be far harder than getting to Exotic gear, causing a big stat separation between your main and your alts, between your primary build and other builds, and between old players and new.

You didn’t answer the question and your claim. How are new players disadvantaged.

The timegating is the disadvantage. Someone getting GW2 a few months after all of the ascended gear pieces are added will be looking at months and months of drudging through timegated gear upgrading just to get themselves on even footing.

Someone playing right now, as the ascended gear is being released, can keep up (only with a single character, which is also a huge problem) and not be at a disadvantage to anyone else.

Yes, starting at level 1 is still a disadvantage, but it’s a minor one because leveling up and getting into exotic gear is a fairly quick process. The months it takes to get ascended gear is not, and it’s also locked behind timegates that ensure they will never catch up as long as new ascended tier gear is being released. And we know more is coming. We’ve already been told that armor is coming at some point, and that higher grade infusions are also planned.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Crafting to 500

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

This. Plus, new players (i.e., new customers, Anet!) will be at a severe disadvantage.

How are they at a disadvantage and more importantly why should anet worry about that?

Should new players start at level 80 with a full set of exotics and crafting professions at 500 fresh out of the character creator? I’m not sure what you’re saying.

We all started at level 1 with 0 crafting professions and gear. I’m not sure where the disadvantage comes into play.

Currently, getting to fully Exotic gear is pretty easy, even for a new player — there are lots of avenues for getting geared up.

It looks very much like Ascended gear will be a huge grind, locked behind time gates. The point being that getting to Ascended gear will be far harder than getting to Exotic gear, causing a big stat separation between your main and your alts, between your primary build and other builds, and between old players and new.

You didn’t answer the question and your claim. How are new players disadvantaged.

Have you ever noticed that uplevels get targeted in WvW. Do you know why? Because the upleveling doesn’t account for exotic gear. They are basically very squishy at hit like a we noodle. Take the same character and put them up against someone in ascended gear and squish. It won’t even be a fight.

An uplevel is not a level 80. An uplevel won’t be using exotics. They won’t even be using rares.

I’m not entirely sure I see your point. If your complaint is against how upleveling is balanced then I think I understand.

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

The timegating is the disadvantage. Someone getting GW2 a few months after all of the ascended gear pieces are added will be looking at months and months of drudging through timegated gear upgrading just to get themselves on even footing.

Someone playing right now, as the ascended gear is being released, can keep up (only with a single character, which is also a huge problem) and not be at a disadvantage to anyone else.

Yes, starting at level 1 is still a disadvantage, but it’s a minor one because leveling up and getting into exotic gear is a fairly quick process. The months it takes to get ascended gear is not, and it’s also locked behind timegates that ensure they will never catch up as long as new ascended tier gear is being released. And we know more is coming. We’ve already been told that armor is coming at some point, and that higher grade infusions are also planned.

The interesting thing is that because it’s time gated it takes the same amount of time for some one who has played the entire last year as some one who starts playing next week. Where is the disadvantage here?

In fact one could argue the new player might have the advantage here because they won’t have invested time and money into obtaining their exotic gear else where.

And also, are you saying that some one that starts playing next week should be put on the same level as some one who has spent the last year gathering all their gear? That doesn’t even make sense. We may as well give them free legendaries at level 1 right? Because we’re worrying about being fair to new players? People have legendaries so it’s only fair. Right? Right? That’s your argument.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

I thought I did answer the question: currently, gearing up to best in gear is extremely
easy so that if you’re creating a new build, a new alt, or if you’re a new player, you’re at full capabilities really fast. With the Ascended time gating especially, it will take you far longer to have best-in-gear. You will be playing with sub-optimal gear for far longer than you do now. And the difference is not insignificant — projecting from current Ascended stats and Exotic stats, a fully Exotic toon will be equal to a fully Ascended one with (one piece of) broken armor. Do you run around with broken armor?

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

The interesting thing is that because it’s time gated it takes the same amount of time for some one who has played the entire last year as some one who starts playing next week. Where is the disadvantage here?

In fact one could argue the new player might have the advantage here because they won’t have invested time and money into obtaining their exotic gear else where.

The disadvantage lies with the continued adding of even more timegated gear. Which we already know more is coming. And they’ve already given us some bits if info on more to come after the full ascended gear set is out.

How can someone starting today catch up to someone that already has every piece released to date? You can’t catch up to someone that is ahead of you if you are both still progressing at the same timegated rate. For every piece the new player gets, and starts working on their next piece, the veteran player with all the current gear begins working on the next newly released piece. You can’t start to catch up unless the treadmill stops or at least slows down.

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

I thought I did answer the question: currently, gearing up to best in gear is extremely
easy so that if you’re creating a new build, a new alt, or if you’re a new player, you’re at full capabilities really fast. With the Ascended time gating especially, it will take you far longer to have best-in-gear. You will be playing with sub-optimal gear for far longer than you do now. And the difference is not insignificant — projecting from current Ascended stats and Exotic stats, a fully Exotic toon will be equal to a fully Ascended one with (one piece of) broken armor. Do you run around with broken armor?

Let me ask you this. When September third rolls around will all exotic items in the game disappear?

No? Well that’s a relief.

Anet can’t take into consideration new players when adding new content. They can’t.

There will be a new person starting today. A new person starting tomorrow. And yet more new people starting the day after that. How are they going to constantly make all these new people are caught up? They can’t. It’s impossible.

That coupled with the fact that all these new people coming into the game will have different play schedules. Some can play 1 hour a day while others can play 12+ hours a day.

How do they make it fair to them all?

And the only time some one is going to complain you don’t have full ascended gear is when you’re doing high level fractals. That’s it…unless they’re just an elitist kitten . For literally everything else in the game exotics are still amazingly good.

After all, fractals are the only thing (still) in the game that are balanced around the idea that you’ll have ascended stuff on. And that’s only high level fractals. And for only agony resistance and not stats.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

A lot of players are saying all the ascended weapons are going to be account bound, is this true? Apparently a dev has stated it?

So we after craft to 500 to get ascended, no ifs, buts or maybe’s? No other way to get them? Also, those that do will never be able to make a profit from it via the TP?

I can see hordes of QQ threads incoming…

Crafting to 500

Lord Kuru.3685

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

Let me ask you this. When September third rolls around will all exotic items in the game disappear?

New content will be scaled towards Ascended gear so your Exotics will be to Ascended as Rares are to Exotics now. Do you play with Rare gear? (This is especially significant in WvW.)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Imagine – new skins? No clue, how far will the 400 recipes get us? To 450? Then there would be only need for one batch of things until 500.

The sucky thing is that my crafters have unlocked most of the 400-level recipes, so I won’t get the huge XP chunks you usually get for unlocking recipes. I’d have to plain craft stuff to get through the 400s, which is mighty expensive.

Sure, but alone making ingots or planks could get us to 425. This was more in regards to ‘what’ we are going to craft. We’ll see.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Maybe anet should just GIVE ascended weapon for you?

They gave us everything else. The only thing you work for in this game is skins. What game are you playing?

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

New content will be scaled towards Ascended gear so your Exotics will be to Ascended as Rares are to Exotics now. Do you play with Rare gear? (This is especially significant in WvW.)

Did anet say that? Or is it just your assumption?

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

A lot of players are saying all the ascended weapons are going to be account bound, is this true? Apparently a dev has stated it?

So we after craft to 500 to get ascended, no ifs, buts or maybe’s? No other way to get them? Also, those that do will never be able to make a profit from it via the TP?

I can see hordes of QQ threads incoming…

Every other piece of ascended gear is bound in some way when you get it. None of it is sellable. Being able to buy it on the TP would bypass the timegate of getting it yourself, which is the whole point of ascended gear.

Please step onto the treadmill, and keep your hands behind the timegate safety bar in front of you. The bar is only there to keep you chasing the next piece of ascended gear safe.

Crafting to 500

Lord Kuru.3685

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

That is my assumption. But do you think Anet would keep content at the same level, thus making their game easier in every way? I assume they have an idea of what level of difficulty this game should be. If players become more powerful, then to keep the desired level of difficulty, they have to increase content difficulty. Again, my assumption.

That’s PvE. For WvW, the impact is assured because other players will get Ascended gear, increasing your difficulty.

By the way, even if Anet doesn’t increase difficulty, at some point you will be prejudiced against if you’re not fully Ascended. You can do all content (pretty easily) in Rares now, but try not getting kicked in a dungeon group after telling your party you’re decked out in Rares.

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

I’d say it’s a safe assumption from looking at how content has been created/balanced for pretty much any other game with vertical progression. If you want new content to be challenging, you create that content to challenge your most well equipped players.

While explorable mode dungeons can be completing in lower tiers of gear, I’d say most would agree that they were designed with exotic gear in mind. Higher levels of fractals have quite obviously been designed with ascended gear in mind, as that that is the only way to get agony resistance.

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

That is my assumption. But do you think Anet would keep content at the same level, thus making their game easier in every way? I assume they have an idea of what level of difficulty this game should be. If players become more powerful, then to keep the desired level of difficulty, they have to increase content difficulty. Again, my assumption.

That’s PvE. For WvW, the impact is assured because other players will get Ascended gear, increasing your difficulty.

By the way, even if Anet doesn’t increase difficulty, at some point you will be prejudiced against if you’re not fully Ascended. You can do all content (pretty easily) in Rares now, but try not getting kicked in a dungeon group after telling your party you’re decked out in Rares.

I don’t think they will add more content that requires ascended stuff and I hope they don’t. That aside, players can be kittens. That shouldn’t stop anet from adding new stuff to the game. They can’t balance for kittens.

And in wvw there is always going to be new players and old players mixed together with varying tiers of gear and skill. You can’t balance for that either. Unless you just remove all gear stats in wvw.

So the only valid complaint is that anet might in the future add harder content that requires ascended. Other than that it seems like your complaint is with the uplevel balancing and not ascended gear.

And a player in full exotics will beat a player in full ascended if they know their class better and are just generally better at the game pretty easily. Past that in small groups or zergs it doesn’t matter to much who has what.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

A single char.
With a single build.

Yeah. Sounds (not) fun.

I don’t think they will add more content that requires ascended stuff and I hope they don’t. That aside, players can be kittens. That shouldn’t stop anet from adding new stuff to the game. They can’t balance for kittens.

And in wvw there is always going to be new players and old players mixed together with varying tiers of gear and skill. You can’t balance for that either. Unless you just remove all gear stats in wvw.

Agreed, you can’t balance it. However, you can always make it even less balanced.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

Agreed, you can’t balance it. However, you can always make it even less balanced.

Exactly, and this is exactly what ascended gear’s timegating does. The old player already has an experience advantage that a new player might never be able to catch up with. Why give a gear advantage on top of that? And the old player doesn’t get a gear advantage versus the other old players (assuming neither have alts in consideration), because they have the same gear already.

It’s the same old story of why vertical progression doesn’t work. For every 1% you gain, everything around you gains 1%, too. Let’s say the level cap goes up to 100. We get new level 100 enemies with that. Sure, you might be have 20% more HP and do 20% more damage, but that level 100 enemy has 20% more HP and does 20% more damage, too. It poses the same threat to you as a level 80 enemy did when you were level 80, and will take the same effort/time to kill as that level 80 enemy. You’ve gained nothing but seeing some pointless numbers being higher.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When we started the game, the amount of time needed for levelling and gearing up was dependent only on the effort we were willing to put in the game. Now, there’s a time gate put between new players and us. That is something that cannot be overcome by anything.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Crafting to 500

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

So the only valid complaint is that anet might in the future add harder content that requires ascended. Other than that it seems like your complaint is with the uplevel balancing and not ascended gear.

And a player in full exotics will beat a player in full ascended if they know their class better and are just generally better at the game pretty easily. Past that in small groups or zergs it doesn’t matter to much who has what.

disregarding the fact that high lvl fractals already requires ascended equipment…why would they not add additional content that requires ascended gear? players are being forced to spend considerably more time (in waiting) and resources to make something and it isnt even going to be of any use? after all the extra time and effort spent to get complete ascended, it is not that different in performance than full exotic? anet should limit their future content because of a limitation placed by a previous content release? does that even make sense?
a year old player in no armor at upscaled 80 could possibly beat a second old player with full legendary (whenever we get to that) but thats not the point. we arent talking about whats possible. only thing determining the winner in combat was supposed to be the skill of the user; balance did exist in the fact that max lvl gear was accessible in variety of ways. the ease of acquisition actually somewhat nullified the gearing problem of those with multiple characters/gear. for those that wanted to go the extra mile, there was legendary.
its quite remarkable how one update can bring about so many problems

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

When we started the game, the amount of time needed for levelling and gearing up was dependent only on the effort we were willing to put in the game. Now, there’s a time gate put between new players and us. That is something that cannot be overcome by anything.

Wrong. There is a time gate for everyone. Not just new players. Are you suggesting anet should make their content with people in mind who aren’t even playing the game yet?

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

disregarding the fact that high lvl fractals already requires ascended equipment…why would they not add additional content that requires ascended gear? players are being forced to spend considerably more time (in waiting) and resources to make something and it isnt even going to be of any use? after all the extra time and effort spent to get complete ascended, it is not that different in performance than full exotic? anet should limit their future content because of a limitation placed by a previous content release? does that even make sense?
a year old player in no armor at upscaled 80 could possibly beat a second old player with full legendary (whenever we get to that) but thats not the point. we arent talking about whats possible. only thing determining the winner in combat was supposed to be the skill of the user; balance did exist in the fact that max lvl gear was accessible in variety of ways. the ease of acquisition actually somewhat nullified the gearing problem of those with multiple characters/gear. for those that wanted to go the extra mile, there was legendary.

World vs world was never meant to be balanced. See 1v1v1. Individual skill was never in the equation. Next complaint..

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I wonder how long it will take to outfit my 8 characters in ascended weaponry. I’ll probably have moved on long before accomplishing that.

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

Wrong. There is a time gate for everyone. Not just new players. Are you suggesting anet should make their content with people in mind who aren’t even playing the game yet?

There is a timegate for everyone. But those that are already playing are forever ahead of those starting at any later date as long as new piece/upgrades/etc are being added. And they’ve already laid out their intentions of going beyond just the ascended gear itself. The new players are behind the old players, and can’t catch up because the old players are still progressing at the same timegated rate.

Let’s say we apply the same scenario to race cars. 2 identical cars with a speed governor capping them at 60 mph, on a course that will not require any slowing for corners. One driver starts 20 seconds after the other. He has no way to catch up. That driver will always be behind unless the other is slowed down/stopped.

And an resounding yes to Anet taking into consideration people that aren’t playing yet. Because I’m sure they want to continue getting sales. People are going to be less likely to buy the game when they find out that there is an ever-increasing gear ceiling that timegates will prevent them from catching up to.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

fellyn’s trolling, ignore him.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

Trolling because I disagree? Right.

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

There is a timegate for everyone. But those that are already playing are forever ahead of those starting at any later date as long as new piece/upgrades/etc are being added. And they’ve already laid out their intentions of going beyond just the ascended gear itself. The new players are behind the old players, and can’t catch up because the old players are still progressing at the same timegated rate.

Let’s say we apply the same scenario to race cars. 2 identical cars with a speed governor capping them at 60 mph, on a course that will not require any slowing for corners. One driver starts 20 seconds after the other. He has no way to catch up. That driver will always be behind unless the other is slowed down/stopped.

And an resounding yes to Anet taking into consideration people that aren’t playing yet. Because I’m sure they want to continue getting sales. People are going to be less likely to buy the game when they find out that there is an ever-increasing gear ceiling that timegates will prevent them from catching up to.

Except for old players aren’t progressing. I just made a new character from 1 to 80 in full exotics and ascended trinkets in less than 2 weeks.

My first character that took the better part of two months.

Why do you insist new players need to be “caught up”? My point is there are always going to be new players. You can’t worry about them for ever.

Ascended gear is for players who are level 80. Until you get ascended stuff exotics still do exist in the game and are more than good enough for anyone who isn’t an elitist kitten. Exotics are still just as good and easy to obtain.

I might not agree with time gated content but I don’t see it as the doom and gloom scenario that you do.

Alas, I’m just trolling, though.

P.S. We saw all these same complaints when ascended items were first announced the better part of a year. Guess what? The game is still growing. So I guess the people who say they don’t like time gated ascended gear aren’t putting their money where their mouths are if the claims that most people don’t like it are right.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

World vs world was never meant to be balanced. See 1v1v1. Individual skill was never in the equation. Next complaint..

No, it wasn’t intended to be completely balanced. But does that mean it’s right to keep throwing in more ways to unbalance it? It’s unbalanced enough as it it.

I do not agree with your statement that individual skill is not in the equation. The ability of a group of players is directly related to the skill level of the individual players. The more skilled players a zerg has, the more likely they are to succeed versus another zerg.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I suppose you just made this up since I have yet to see an official response from a dev stating this. All content in this game can be completed in greens and rares. No need to make things up to scare people into taking your position on ascended.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Trolling because I disagree? Right.

Trolling because I think you deliberately misread the thread. Also because you dismissively said “next complaint” at the end of your next post.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Crafting to 500

Astralporing.1957

Yes, they definitely should think about players that will start playing in the future. If they won’t consider them, they run into a distinct possibility of getting no new players at all.

Actions, not words.

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

Except for old players aren’t progressing. I just made a new character from 1 to 80 in full exotics and ascended trinkets in less than 2 weeks.

You cannot get full ascended trinkets in two weeks. It takes a mininum of 20 laurels to get just the amulet. You had to have used laurels/badges/commendations/pristine relics that you had previously acquired.

A new player cannot possibly have 5 ascended trinkets in two weeks.

Crafting to 500

MikeyGrey.2496

i was talking about pvp in general… not just WvWvW and that is definitely not the only method of pvp. regardless, a million x 0 is just a bigger 0. if the individual members of your zerg dont know how to play then you arent gonna get anything done.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

A thought popped into my mind about this piece of information:
“Craft Ascended Weapons:
The Weaponsmith, Artificer, and Huntsman crafting disciplines have
a new skill cap of 500. We’re introducing new recipes and new materials to be found around the world! Craft your way to 500 to become a Grandmaster Crafter and to learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons!”
If you would make that these materials and recipes drop (with a chance) from normal events around the world it would simply make the world living – people would be going for events all around Tyria. Isn’t it what everyone wants?
Just don’t make it that they lie in one spot where the zerg will gather and everyone will get everything without effort in one hour, please! Or that champions or world bosses drop them (they too can drop but with small chance).
Anet, if you haven’t considered this, please do!

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

You cannot get full ascended trinkets in two weeks. It takes a mininum of 20 laurels to get just the amulet. You had to have used laurels/badges/commendations/pristine relics that you had previously acquired.

That’s my point. The guy claimed old players are still progressing.

Where is the progression when I can take a character from 1 to 80 and kit them out with stat perfect gear in less than 2 weeks?

Fact is this game needs something that takes a bit longer to achieve than what we’ve got now.

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

i was talking about pvp in general… not just WvWvW and that is definitely not the only method of pvp. regardless, a million x 0 is just a bigger 0. if the individual members of your zerg dont know how to play then you arent gonna get anything done.

There is no ascended gear in pvp so I’m still confused by what you mean.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can have all ascended accessories in one month per toon. Guild commendations are what slows you down as you get 6 per week and need 12 per earring. This is assuming you have access to FotM level 10+ and your guild has access to all missions and regularly runs them.

Crafting to 500

Astralporing.1957

Fact is this game needs something that takes a bit longer to achieve than what we’ve got now.

It doesn’t have to be stats. in fact, it shouldn’t be the stats. Horizontal progression offered so many options – vertical progression kills all that variety for a simple stat grind.
A shame.

Actions, not words.

Crafting to 500

MikeyGrey.2496

this is the second time with just my responses that you blatantly disregarded the larger meaning of the post and picked a somewhat-related tangent to start off. you are trolling and I’m done replying.
i realize this very post is off topic & a possible trolling effort on my part and for that i apologize.

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

Where is the progression when I can take a character from 1 to 80 and kit them out with stat perfect gear in less than 2 weeks?

You are only looking at the situation as it is this very moment, and only for the situation you are in with your characters.

Old players will be progressing in 7 days when timegated ascended weapons are added. Thankfully there was a pause between this and ascended earrings/accessories, and the weapons will hopefully not involve laurels in their crafting. This is the one thing that is helping negate new players falling behind, but it is very dependent on how limiting the timegating is and how frequent new pieces are released. The longer the game is out, and old players get more and more ascended gear, and more ascended gear/upgraded infusions get added, the worse this becomes for new players.

You’re also assuming the new players will focus on a single character, or few characters. There is no way I could possbibly have all of my characters equipped with ascended trinkets right now. I have no main, so unless I happen to want to play a character that does have those, I’m at a disadvantage to a single-character player…and I’ve been playing since pre-release. New players are even more pressured away from alts and into single character gameplay just to have any chance of maybe catching up if the release schedule and timegating allows it.

I am all for long term goals, things to achieve that take a lot of time or effort. But not when those things create an advantage for some players that others might not be able to catch up to, or put a significant disadvantage on certain playstyles. There are ways to add long term goals without creating these problems.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

I agree, but being lazy and adding in time-gated grindy weapons isn’t the way you go about keeping people interested in your game. Maybe they should actually think about adding in some significant end game content that people might want to play? Fractals doesn’t count.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Maybe anet should just GIVE ascended weapon for you?

They should give ascended weapons and gear to me, yes. Please. That’s better.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: PropiPanda.4163

PropiPanda.4163

Ascended Gear = useless

It could be easy to use exos for agony ressistance. But now we have to craft every weapon(and later armor ofc) again, gg Anet.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: allindal.8406

allindal.8406

I’m all for T7 mats, but having just recently gotten all the infinite gathering tools, I hope I will be able to use them to get the new mats. I know the tooltip says “used to mine all metals” but I just hope that’s still true .(assuming that the new mats have a node)
I’d hate to have purchased them and then a week later, have them no longer be the end-all-be-all tool I got it for.

But enough of that tangent. I’d like the new weapons to be tradeable, I don’t want to have to craft to get ascended weapons. I’d be decently happy with a market price of 20-30 G (after the huge initial market shock). I can agree with laurals for trinkets only because they come from the daily, which isn’t ALL combat related. PLUS some trinkets can be gained from fractals/guild commendations/ laurals+WvW tokens, which I love because each player can approach getting the ascended trinkets in the way they want to.

Blackgate
PVT Elementalist/Warrior/ Guardian

(edited by allindal.8406)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

While i like crafting in Guildwars 2 (i usually hate it) with the Ascended treadmill i think this is going to be more pain and grind for the sake of Pain and Grind..

Honestly i miss the old game where all this was a convenience not a requisite..

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I don’t think you play WvW, or pay attention to the WvW forums. They do want it to be fairly balanced. So yeah, get your facts straight before trolling.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

this is the second time with just my responses that you blatantly disregarded the larger meaning of the post and picked a somewhat-related tangent to start off. you are trolling and I’m done replying.
i realize this very post is off topic & a possible trolling effort on my part and for that i apologize.

Well explain yourself better. You said “pvp in general”. There are only 2 areas where pvp can happen. Spvp and wvw. In one there is no ascended gear so there is no problem there. In the other it matters little because you’re part of a large group.

Maybe the problem is you having trouble getting your point across.

I don’t think you play WvW, or pay attention to the WvW forums. They do want it to be fairly balanced. So yeah, get your facts straight before trolling.

Is that why world vs world is by it’s design not balanced? I’m not saying aspects of it aren’t meant to balanced but the entire design of it from the ground up is not supposed to balanced otherwise it would be 1v1.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Crafting to 500

fellyn.5083

You are only looking at the situation as it is this very moment, and only for the situation you are in with your characters.

Old players will be progressing in 7 days when timegated ascended weapons are added. Thankfully there was a pause between this and ascended earrings/accessories, and the weapons will hopefully not involve laurels in their crafting. This is the one thing that is helping negate new players falling behind, but it is very dependent on how limiting the timegating is and how frequent new pieces are released. The longer the game is out, and old players get more and more ascended gear, and more ascended gear/upgraded infusions get added, the worse this becomes for new players.

You’re also assuming the new players will focus on a single character, or few characters. There is no way I could possbibly have all of my characters equipped with ascended trinkets right now. I have no main, so unless I happen to want to play a character that does have those, I’m at a disadvantage to a single-character player…and I’ve been playing since pre-release. New players are even more pressured away from alts and into single character gameplay just to have any chance of maybe catching up if the release schedule and timegating allows it.

I am all for long term goals, things to achieve that take a lot of time or effort. But not when those things create an advantage for some players that others might not be able to catch up to, or put a significant disadvantage on certain playstyles. There are ways to add long term goals without creating these problems.

Hold up for a second. I make no assumptions about anything or anyone. I just don’t think it’s the doom and gloom you are making it out to be.

I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal and worrying about new players is just silly.

There is always going to be some one new. Why are you choosing to fight over ascended gear which will be in the game forever instead of the past year of live story events that are never coming back? The AP from those if you missed them is gone for ever and so are the rewards. Most of them in the horizontal progression that you say is so important.

Crafting to 500

mrstealth.6701

There is always going to be some one new. Why are you choosing to fight over ascended gear which will be in the game forever instead of the past year of live story events that are never coming back? The AP from those if you missed them is gone for ever and so are the rewards. Most of them in the horizontal progression that you say is so important.

At what point did I say that temporary content or AP were fine? I actually think all of the temp content is a terrible idea, because the “expansion worth of content” added is no longer in the game. But this, is not the place to discuss that. So stop trying to derail the discussion because you don’t agree with it.

I also made no claim here that horizontal progression was important. I prefer it to the way they are handling the vertical progression, but again, this is not the topic to discuss that. If you have nothing to bring up that is related to this discussion, create your own topic to discuss whatever you would like.

Crafting to 500

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yeah, I don’t think Anet has really thought through how many different weapons and armor people have. I did an unscientific query and it looks like most people have at least 8ish weapons and 4+ armor sets. And that’s just for people who don’t have alts.

Grab your popcorn, this is going to be fun.

Yes I am in this position.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Crafting to 500

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yeah, I don’t think Anet has really thought through how many different weapons and armor people have. I did an unscientific query and it looks like most people have at least 8ish weapons and 4+ armor sets. And that’s just for people who don’t have alts.

Grab your popcorn, this is going to be fun.

I bought a Bag slot just for all the ones I lug around…
I have 2 sets of Swords and Axes just for the Aesthetics …plus the first set provides ton of light in DarkRooms like jumping puzzles… I honestly can’t even DO dark jump puzzles without them b/c I play in Windowed mode which has no working Gamma slider

…then there’s the even bigger nightmare of having to buy a ton more Transmog Crystals so I can keep the Skins I really want on the new higher Stats… (why the KITTEN haven’t they just added a Mystic Forge recipe already to convert your regular excess T-Stones into a T-crystals??? Why did T-Crystals even need to exist in the first place? Talk about a rip off…)

(edited by ilr.9675)

Crafting to 500

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am struggling – struggling, I say! – to contain the joy I feel at the thought of being able to craft gear that I didn’t want in the game in the first place. Oh, to heck with it. Pardon me while I go dance in the street.

This.
Makes me wonder if they are now going to make ascended required for PvE not just fractals- to justify the addition of gear we didn’t need.

Gunnar’s Hold