Crafting to level?

Crafting to level?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alvarez Azel.4083

Alvarez Azel.4083

Quick question, I have a level 23 thief id like to craft to 80.
I have heard that the exp given since the september patch is reduced, is this still the case?

I ask as prior to that patch I crafted a warrior & necromancer from 20-80 with exp to spare, getting roughly 7+ levels per 400 profession, can I do that now?

Crafting to level?

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

You can still get ~7 levels per 400 crafting levels, yes. But is it worth it?

gw2craft.net

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Crafting to level?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

It costs like 20-30 gold to level a single craft if you don’t already have the necessary materials. I’m not 100% sure that leveling is really worth the cost of crafting. You’re essentially paying 3-4 gold per level.

Crafting to level?

Posted by: Alvarez Azel.4083

Alvarez Azel.4083

Thanks for the responses, I have an ample supply of materials which are needed to get there, iirc my warrior using the same process cost me less than 40g total.
So yeah to me its worth it, certainly as this will be my 10th character to 80, I really don’t want to explore maps again…

Thanks again :]

Crafting to level?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

It might be possible, but if you consider how much money you’d spend on materials to level your crafting (and thus time you’d spend farming this money), it’d be faster to just level normally or in EotM.

I’m not sure how it is now, but pre-patch in Edge I was pushing 4-5 levels an hour if I was using Exp Boosters/Banners/Food/Birthday Booster.

But if you have a lot of money/materials to throw at it and you don’t mind using a very expensive way to level, why not!