Crafting vs. PvP

Crafting vs. PvP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Please use this thread to explain why you think it is right that people who want a legendary weapon should have to do the WvW maps for map completion, but somehow it’s wrong that you have to do crafting in order to obtain an ascended weapon.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Ascended =/= Legendary

Crafting vs. PvP

Neural.1824

Ascended =/= Legendary

Same stats, they just look different.

There are multiple threads in general discussion and in the suggestions area created by people who would like to PvP aspect removed from the legendary creation, and plenty of responses telling them to “l2p” or “deal with it”.

I think the appropriate response at this point would be “l2c”

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Ascended =/= Legendary

Two months ago the exact thing could have been said of exotics and Legendaries.

There are multiple threads in general discussion and in the suggestions area created by people who would like to PvP aspect removed from the legendary creation

I don’t like having to grind for the Gift of Fortune, so I guess that should be removed from the list of things needed for a Legendary. Joe over there doesn’t like crafting, so the Gift of Metal needs to go too. Susan hates RNG, so we should probably do away with the Clovers while we’re at it. The list could go on, but that’s not even relevant.

The only point that matters is this: Legendary weapons were always intended to be difficult to obtain. BiS stats (i.e. exotic at release) were originally intended to be easily obtained by everyone by the time players reached the level cap. That’s why exotics are available via crafting, karma vendors, Badges of Honor, etc. Ascended gear is a 180 on the original idea of easily obtainable BiS gear…it’s a moving of the goalposts while the players are lining up for a field goal. That’s why people don’t like being forced to grind for ascended weapons.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Ascended =/= Legendary

Same for exotic a couple months ago. Now Exotic is 2nd best.
Eye-candy aside (which personally, I don’t like the look of most Legendary) Legendary is arguably better than Ascended as you can change stats and more importantly is that it’s future-proof against any new tiers in the future – which noone can guarantee won’t happen.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I don’t believe that either is right. If you’re in a PVE only server, good luck with that map explore bro.
These points have been raised multiple times.

Now when it comes to ascendeds. Everyone should be able to get the highest tier. Not necessarily the prettiest (which is what legendaries are), but statically best. At the moment the game punishes different play styles and goes “go craft lol”. In my opinion they should be gettable with laurels, fractal relics (most useful for fractal runners anyway), WvW badges and karma. Make them overpriced if you wish, but people with a different play style should still be ale to get them.

Crafting vs. PvP

Neural.1824

Mirta: Actually I think the entire point of my original post has been missed.

Some of the same groups of people who had the “l2p” attitude when others complained about WvW being part of map completion are now raging on the forums because part of the game they don’t like is required for building ascended weapons.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: luckyguse.2674

luckyguse.2674

WvW players could (and should) argue that it’s not right to have to Pve to get that legendary. A legendary weapon is more useful in WvW than it is in Pve hands down.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Ascended weapons will be added in WvW for badges and laurels.
They will be improving the rewards for WvW (the real root problem).

No eta on when.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

PvP is PvE with players in zergs substitute the mobs. Most of them is clueless if they have to engage in 1v1. But there are exceptions.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No eta on when.

They said that in November (though it was supposed to be badges only then). I wouldn’t be holding my breath, if i were you.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Legendary is future proofed against any new tiers of weapons since the stats will get bumped up automatically because this is supposed to be the top tier so once you’ve made your legendary, you won’t ever have to make a new weapon unless you want a different skin.

Legendary has foot print effects and visual weapon effects. You are basically going for a really fancy skin with fancy effects.

Legendary has the ability to change stats on that weapon anytime out of combat. You have to carry multiple ascended weapons to swap stats if you wish to do that.

You do not get any of this with crafted ascended.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Legendary was and is just about the only time sink in the horizontal progression the game was supposed to feature. Ascended is the time sink for the new vertical progression the game has added. Neither are wrong. One is a departure from the game’s pre-launch publicity.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No eta on when.

Do you really believe this?!? Considering the grind needed to craft an Ascended weapon, there’s no way this will ever happen without requiring 300+ laurels.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Ascended =/= Legendary

There are multiple threads in general discussion and in the suggestions area created by people who would like to PvP aspect removed from the legendary creation, and plenty of responses telling them to “l2p” or “deal with it”.

I think the appropriate response at this point would be “l2c”

Legendary weapons are strictly better than Ascended weapons. They are guaranteed best-in-slot so that when we get the next tier of gear (or raised level caps) those with Legendaries get their gear upgraded automatically.

As for world completion, getting a Legendary is suppose to represent experiencing the game as a whole (of course whether this is the case in reality is debatable), hence the PvP component, while Ascended gear is simply gear.

Crafting vs. PvP

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Please use this thread to explain why you think it is right that people who want a legendary weapon should have to do the WvW maps for map completion

I do not think it’s right.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.