Cragstead Revisited

Cragstead Revisited

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So, a guildie of mine mentioned something about Brahm and Cragstead. I’m not going to say what here, because I’m generally anti-spoiler.

However, I hadn’t been to Cragstead since Flame and Frost and I decided to go check it out. I’ve been wandering around, talking to a couple of NPCs, listening to their brief stories. It’s pretty cool.

This is the kind of thing I love. Story stuff in the game that no one has a clue about unless they go out of their way to go look for it.

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I wasn’t aware that you can even visit it. I thought it was only possible to enter the village during the story-instance back then (since I couldn’t see any other way to get in during Flame & Frost)… o.o

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yeah, it’s one of those “you go on your own time,” kind of thing. I haven’t gone there myself, but I did go the the Hatchery while finishing up World Completion on a character. I talked to some NPCs, but I didn’t really pay enough attention to remember what they had to say. Pretty cool nonetheless.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

It was alwasy revisitable since Secret of Southsun, and so was Nolan, though they only mentioned one month later in the SPoT patch notes :P

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Are the two zones still istanced? The only reasons I can imagine for having them still istanced are either programming issues or possible changes during following living story arcs…and I’m intrigued by the second possibility.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yeah. I go there for a beer sometimes after a hard days Dome fighting. Its a nice little instance.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I use Cragstead whenever the daily includes Karma spending. Lol. Slowly working on that achievement. =P

Cragstead Revisited

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Are the two zones still istanced? The only reasons I can imagine for having them still istanced are either programming issues or possible changes during following living story arcs…and I’m intrigued by the second possibility.

I just visited both places after reading this thread, and it looks like the state of each instance is determined by your actions during Living Story.

I did everything I could achievement wise, so my instances are in good shape (say no more!). I’d be very interested to hear what these instances are like for players who missed the content. Is Cragstead say, a smouldering wreck for those folks?