Crazy Ascended Armor price hike

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragondook.3912

Dragondook.3912

Can someone explain why Anet decided to quadruple the amount of materials needed to craft a single piece of ascended armor? This completely boggles my mind. Three damask patches? Wow. I really hope i’m not some crazy fringe opinion here, this is totally insane.
It’s not market fluctuations either, people. Damask, Deldrimor, and Elonian Leather are the same price, lower even, it just takes 4+ times more to do it.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Two reasons:
1. They wanted to decrease the difference in price between bolts of damask and elonian squares
2. The more grind the merrier. They know that it will keep us all grinding out from now until the cows come home. They called our bluff

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

They WHAT? Geeze and I just bought HoT.

Shame on me, I guess.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

ooh, let me try my “totally a real economist” impression

they wanted to maintain the value of liquid gold whilst the tangible rewards were increased. to do this they reduced the amount of rewards gained passively whilst the active rewards were liquified.

as a side effect of this, they drank the gold smoothie too fast and spilled some on the silk, but to keep certain rewards in a tier more valuable they tried to wipe it off with leather and accidenally stuck them together.

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

wait the mats for ascended have changed?

bummer, I only just came close to crafting a set.

Asyntyche.4827

that sucks, guess I better save up some more to buy tons of leather then

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

All they did was normalize the price to that of the light armor set.

Light armor didn’t change at all.

Leather and Heavy armor price was increased to cost about the same as light armor.

Welcome to what light armor wearers have spent for the last 3 years.

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Leather and Heavy armor price was increased to cost about the same as light armor.

Ummm… they all increased. The 3 additional elonian leathers are needed for Insignias now. As such all insignias cost 20g ish more to craft. So even Light Armor users have to pay the extra 20g for their zerker zojja insignias.

You are right, leather wearers now pay what light armour wearers use to pay. But light armour now pay 120g over what they use to pay too.

Asyntyche.4827

Ummm… they all increased. The 3 additional elonian leathers are needed for Insignias now. As such all insignias cost 20g ish more to craft. So even Light Armor users have to pay the extra 20g for their zerker zojja insignias.

You are right, leather wearers now pay what light armour wearers use to pay. But light armour now pay 120g over what they use to pay too.

Oh goodie, so that mastery point for unlocking all armor skins is going to cost me a fortune then.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well good thing that due to the decreased amount of silk demand the damask is now 180g cheaper than before HoT.

So overall the armor is now ~60g cheaper than before HoT.

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

When they dried up every source of gold in the game and nerfed every farm/salvage we could do the AH responded by the price of everything dropping substantially. Gold now has more buying power than it did for auctions.

It’s much more expensive to craft ascended now then before HOT.

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

That’s really a lame reply. The cost to craft medium and heavy armor took a huge spike, saying well light armor was always expensive is dumb.

Nobody cares about what DIDN’T change in price…

So if the reason for the price hike was to bring it closer to the cost of crafting light armor, then Anet should refund gold to everyone that crafted light armor when it was grossly more expensive… or would you suggest making everyone who crafted medium and heavy sets be made to pay the difference now?

Yeah, your comment was THAT silly.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You know, months ago I pointed out the easiest way to normalize the cost of the three armor weights was to bring the cost of medium and heavy up to that of light… But people really weren’t interested in fairness. They just wanted their stuff.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

You know, months ago I pointed out the easiest way to normalize the cost of the three armor weights was to bring the cost of medium and heavy up to that of light… But people really weren’t interested in fairness. They just wanted their stuff.

I do remember that, and i agreed with you, im glad it finally happened. Now crafting all armor is about equal.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

They want you to spend all your money crafting 1 piece, then salvage it, get 0 globs of dark energy, rinse repeat. By age 80 if you’re lucky (and not dead) you’ll get enough globs to get 1 legendary piece.

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Guess I did good when I crafted my 3 sets prior to HoT, just incase lol ^^

Posted by: Amplifiction.8413

Amplifiction.8413

Very disappointed in this as well.

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

The only difference from now and before, is that you pay 3 Elonian leather… I really don’t see the problem…

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They want you to spend all your money crafting 1 piece, then salvage it, get 0 globs of dark energy, rinse repeat. By age 80 if you’re lucky (and not dead) you’ll get enough globs to get 1 legendary piece.

I just forged the asc backpacks (quivers and books) some of them cost like 60g to forge and they have a decent droprate for globs.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

Can someone explain why Anet decided to quadruple the amount of materials needed to craft a single piece of ascended armor? This completely boggles my mind. Three damask patches? Wow. I really hope i’m not some crazy fringe opinion here, this is totally insane.
It’s not market fluctuations either, people. Damask, Deldrimor, and Elonian Leather are the same price, lower even, it just takes 4+ times more to do it.

The majority of GW2 players (me included) use the TP to buy asc mats , just buy 2000 gems and convert it in gold.

Yes it’s a P2W model …..but is better than have 3th party site selling you gold and get banned.