Create a Raid Encounter.

Create a Raid Encounter.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

As we know, raid might be coming to Guild Wars 2. I decided to start a thread to give ideas to Anet on how to make an interesting raid boss fight.

I’ll start first. Hope you guys like it.

Selina the Chaosweaver

Selina, former member of the Shining Blade, were suctioned by an Asuran experiment to the mist. After many efforts to bring her to Tyria, she was back… but she was never the same. Something changed on her, she came back from the mist with only one objective in her mind: Destroy the head of the Shining Blade.

Countess Anise knowing about the thread, decided to gather a group of heroes to face her and know more about what happened to her in The Mist.

Encounter

Selina The Chaosweaver

Weapons:
Fan/Off-hand Fan

Fan

• Ether Shot: Hit her main target with an Ether Shot. Placing 10 stacks of torment for 6 seconds and knocking-back the target 1025 distance. 1 sec cast time.
  • Chaos Confluence: Create a ball of chaos with 600 radius. After 3 seconds it will pull all players inside the ball causing 3k damage and 500 each seconds for the duration of the spell. Players absorbed by the ball are unable to cast any spell and can’t leave it. Duration: 20 sec. Cooldown: 15 sec.
  • Chaos Leap: Leap to the farthest target in an attempt to do a killing blow. On her way to that target she leave a trail of Chaos Fire that apply Burning(10s), Bleed(10 stack, 10s) or Poison(25s). Leave a clone that use Ether Shot with 10k hp per player on the instance. Cooldown: 8 sec.

Off-Hand Fan

• Phantasmal Mime: Summon a Phantasmal Mime with 5k hp per player on the instance. Cooldown: 10 sec. Phantasmal Mime will do the same action as his target with 800% more effectiveness.
  • Unstable Chaos Armor: Gain Unstable Chaos Armor for 6s. Unstable Chaos Armor have the same effect as Chaos Armor, but each time she is hit, the attacker is pulled to her if is farther than 600 of knocked back for 1200 if the attacker is closer than 600.

Fight Mechanics

• Countess Anise will help in the fight, as well kitten members of the shining blade.

Countess Anise: She will use Sword/Sword on this fight. She places Time Warp every time Selina lost 25% of her health. Also places Null Fields and summon Phantasmal Defender.
Shining Blade Member: They will use Staff. Also place Null Fields and summon Phantasmal Disenchanter.

At 75% health, Selina summon 1 Phantasm for each player in the raid and dissapear.
Warrior, Guardian: Summon a Phantasmal Defender with 2k HP per player on the instance.
Mage, Mesmer, Elementalist: Summon a Phantasmal Warlock with 2k HP per player on the instance.
Ranger, Engineer, Thief: Summon a Phantasmal Duelist with 2k HP per player on the instance.

After 20 seconds, all the phantasm will shatter and Selina appear.
Causing 500 damage, placing 1 stack of confusion, place distortion on Selina for 1 second and 1 stack of Might for 15 seconds for each successful shatter.

at 50% health Selina will disappear and summon a Phantasmal Destroyer.
Phantasmal Destroyer:Summon a Phantasmal Destroyer with 20k hp per player on the instance and place Chaos Storm in the entire instance with 200% more effectiveness. After the Phantasmal Destroyer is destroyed, it will explode causing 15 stack of bleed for 15 seconds to half of the raid.

At 25% Selina gets angry and gain Quickness. All of her cooldowns are reduced in half.

After she is dead, Countess Anise notice a Talisman in her neck that is too familiar.
End.

Don’t be afraid to give your ideas on boss fights and mechanics guys!
(sorry for any typo, english is not my first language.)

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

(edited by Emtiarbi.3281)

Create a Raid Encounter.

Posted by: Ferever.7014

Ferever.7014

In my honest opinion it does have raid like potential ,but some of the mechanics she uses look like one-shots however I do see some ways to counter them.

Having 10 seconds to kill the illusions seems like a good DPS race one thing wanted to ask will the clones she summon will they have certain mechanics or act like the regular ones mesmers summon?

Also do NPCs affect how many clone selina summons? If so the NPCs will make the encounter really tough ,but still doable if you have the DPS to control the clones. In that case I might suggest increasing the time from 10 seconds to maybe 20 perhaps?

I will do something tonight ,but feeling sick at the moment.

Create a Raid Encounter.

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Having 10 seconds to kill the illusions seems like a good DPS race one thing wanted to ask will the clones she summon will they have certain mechanics or act like the regular ones mesmers summon?

Regular clones :P

Also do NPCs affect how many clone selina summons? If so the NPCs will make the encounter really tough ,but still doable if you have the DPS to control the clones. In that case I might suggest increasing the time from 10 seconds to maybe 20 perhaps?

No, the NPC don’t affect how many clones she summon.
I think you are right, about the time, ill make it 20 seconds because those clones are not the squishy clones the Mesmer summon lol.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Create a Raid Encounter.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I really don’t understand this stuff about raids lately, we already have raids in the larger world events, especially the world boss events. They are all just really poorly done; either having no mechanics beyond ‘lower the boss’ HP’, or ‘dodge one insta-down attack after another’. And those few world bosses and events that have extra meaningful mechanics are completely unclear, scale poorly, and in some cases even contradictory to what is normally considered good play.

And then there is the ever present argument of: Why make any combat-based content, with a combat system that is at best 25% functional? More than half the stats and a significant portion of ability mechanics in the game mean absolutely nothing in most content. And then there is the dodge system, both the most boring and most necessary mechanic in the game, in fact in most fights, other than doling out DPS, the ONLY necessary mechanic.

It’s ridiculous that ANet put so much development time in revamping nearly the entire first half of the game’s content because players weren’t picking up mechanics that range from completely unnecessary to completely boring!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Create a Raid Encounter.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

IMO, baby steps are best for this drastic changes… 10 man fractals would be a nice place to start; and if progression is what you seek, the system is already there for guild raids to increase their raid difficulty and harvest agony resistance as a group.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.