Crimson Assassin Tokens

Crimson Assassin Tokens

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

Seriously, anet. I was hyped for this, and it looks like I am only going to be able to get ONE of these weapons…. ?? Can we please at least get one token per daily activity? 8 every 8 days is ? So bad?? Especially when this is the answer to you not wanting to add World 3 — which is where these ORIGINALLY were supposed to come from. -_-

I really had my hopes on getting two 2-handed ones and one 1-handed. 44 tokens, and it’s only possible to get 16.

I hate you. I don’t even want to play, now.

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Breath, brother. I am sure you are missing something. They did the same thing for wintersday. It was prolly due to how easy it was to farm the skins last year. Will it keep people playing? No. Will people find it a grind? Yes. It just depends if it is worth a person’s time.

As much as I would love to see The Box finished, we get what we get. They may someday decide to finish it.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

i dont fully agree with it, BUT, the skins are meant to be farmed over multiple years anyway, as a festival reward. we can get 1 token from the course load daily, then after 8 days we get a box which contains an orange skin, OR 8 tokens. so every 8 days, you can get 16 tokens. across the time given.. thats until the 20th, so 21 dailies at least, you can get 37 tokens if you wanted. if youre like me, and did the dailies last year, you started with about half the progress done, so i’ll be able to get a third box of 8 tokens.. so worst case, you can get enough tokens to buy Two 2-handed weapons, or a few more cheaper ones. best case, you can get 45 tokens, if you had a jump start from last year.

not to mention the people who hoarded the chest from last year get an even better jump on it, since they just changed the contents of the chest, letting them get more tokens for being patient and not opening it.

also, come on anet, that pvp track is pretty useless. 32 baubles as the final reward? cant even give us clovers with it like every other track? should have been 50 BUBBLES not 32 BAUBLES. and really, should have been a choice to get crimson tokens from it. like 2 tokens as a choice in the final box.

(edited by SakuraJD.4720)

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

I have done the dailies everyday. I did not get an extra 8 tok…… oh wait you mean that orange I got was not a drop it was an either or?

Oh frel, I missed that – just one dbl handed for me this year then.

Real disappointment that red skins are done this way.

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I think it’s a stupid way to get the skins too. I would have liked it if we were able to purchase the skins via the TP

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think it’s a stupid way to get the skins too. I would have liked it if we were able to purchase the skins via the TP

And some hate the idea that there are so many skins that we can just get for gold. ANet tries to balance it out, offering some skins for RNG only, some tradeable, some only by endurance (which some find to be grindy).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

we get what we get.

This is what is wrong with video games these day. No matter how buggy, how broken, how much was left out, people still defend the game developers.

Crimson Assassin Tokens

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

we get what we get.

This is what is wrong with video games these day. No matter how buggy, how broken, how much was left out, people still defend the game developers.

People will always defend folks against unfair or unreasonable criticism.

For example, video games are commercial products; they cannot possibly succeed just because of the comments of a few fans. There’s no merit to the theory that “what is wrong with video games these days” is correlated with “people …defend[ing] the game developers.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”