Crit Damage Nerf

Crit Damage Nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hyyangoz.6195

hyyangoz.6195

Q:

Its has been bothering me since developers announce the nerf.
i have manage to craft all my ascended crit damage armor. the following day Anet announce the nerf. i was really shatter all that time and gold invested gone. i feel like it is useless.

I was wondering if Anet plan to have a Once off stat change option when the Nerf comes in?

Gandalf Teh White [Meow]- Fort Aspenwood

http://meowguild.com/media.html

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Berserker gear is still going to be the best damage gear.

They probably won’t offer a stat option change.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

So, I have a question for you:

What do you think will be the most powerful armor set after the nerf? Will Cleric or Shaman suddenly become top dog? Or will the set with three offensive stats that synergize still be head-and-shoulders above the competition?

It doesn’t matter, you don’t care.

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

they should give a change stats for celestial items :|

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

they should give a change stats for celestial items :|

They’ve already acknowledged the fact that the ferocity change would effect celestial more than any other set and have said they were looking into either buffing all the stats minorly.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

Rampager’s can be just as good if not better than zerker if you have the right build and class. Ranger, engie, ele and necro for example are great for this. You can even mix and match both sets for great effect.

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There is more than just zerkers involved. Yes, if you were all zerker’s before you will be all zerker afterwards, but if you play WvW you probably aren’t.

The balance between valkyrie, cavalier, knights, soldiers, ‘of the knight’, celestial, and assassins is all shifting. And these are the ones where people’s choices are likely to change.

But what the hey. Grind away. It’s only another 3 months to replace the stuff, right?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Zerker is still the best DPS set.

This has accomplished nothing regarding Berserker superiority, all it’s doing it making Assassin a useless stat.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Crit Damage Nerf

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

This may or may not be helpful to you in some of you’re decision making.

With just gear, traits, and food (no skill buffs) one of the highest amounts you can increase an armor’s secondary attribute by is 1280. While attempting to get the secondary armor attribute up to that number, the highest you can crit damage to is 119%, but that’s additional damage on top of the base 50% meaning you’re actually looking at 169% additional damage on crit.

ANet stated they want to reduce crit damage builds effective damage by 10% overall.

With 2196 precision, your crit chance is 65% before fury. I’d make the assumption ANet figures overall during combat between every profession fury might be up 50% of the time, so they’d add have of the fury effect to the total crit chance leaving their crit chance for their calculations at 75%.

In order to reduce the overall damage of crit builds by 10% they’d average the damage of crits and non-crits. So 25% of the time damage is a multiplier of 1, and 75% of the time damage is a multiplier of 2.69, which means the average damage multiplier is ~2.27 from crits.

They’d reduce that 2.27 by 10%, which is ~2.04. Then they’d backtrack the math to figure out what the 169% would have to be in order to get that 2.04. So 25% of the time the damage multiplier is 1. So that would be 2.04 – 0.25 = 1.79. That 1.79 is 75% of the time, so that would be 1.75 / 0.75 = 2.33. The 2.33 gets converted back in to crit damage which is ((2.33 – 1) / 100) = 133%. The base 50% of crit damage gets removed, which leaves us with 83% crit damage on the upper end.

So the net result is we’ll potentially see 83% crit damage for 1280 attribute points of ferocity, upper end. Meaning the conversion would be ~15.4 points per 1% of crit damage.

There’s another way to look at this, the devs stated that they’d be reducing crit damage build by 10%, and you could also take that to mean crit damage would be reduced by 10%. This math is way simpler. You’d take the 119%, reduce it to 109%. Then do 1280 / 109 = ~11.7 meaning about 11.7 ferocity per 1%.

tl;dr
You’ll be looking at between 12 and 15 points per 1% crit damage, and I’m more inclined to believe that ANet went with the 15 points to reduce the overall effectiveness of crit damage builds by 10% instead of just reducing crit damage by 10%

The numbers for precision and crit damage I used can be viewed in the link below. I have a pretty high margin for error, because of the assumptions I make (such as this change being balanced around WvW and therefore involving food in the calculations)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoICQEPAAAgDB-zQBBYfBMzsIasFOFRjVXDT5iIqOAwBw6VPAWf91Xf91b91Xf91XvUAjKMC-e

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)