Critical information not available in-game.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Just logging in to point out that any time information necessary to complete a mission, story or achievement isn’t available in game, but requires you to use an outside resource, then Anet has failed.

That simple, nothing else to add. There are a number of instances wherein this holds true, and each time it comes up, it’s a complete failure on the developers’ behalf.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Can you give an example?

In spite of the fact that I frequently look things up on the wiki while playing I can’t think of a situation where what I would consider ‘critical’ information wasn’t available in-game.

Unless you count things that are deliberately hidden like the location of jumping puzzles or NPCs you have to find during a mission for an achievement.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

There are a number of instances wherein this holds true, and each time it comes up, it’s a complete failure on the developers’ behalf.

What…are you talking about…

Can you name a few? Just so you don’t appear to have some vague angry rant post about nothing at all.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Just logging in to point out that any time information necessary to complete a mission, story or achievement isn’t available in game, but requires you to use an outside resource, then Anet has failed.

That simple, nothing else to add. There are a number of instances wherein this holds true, and each time it comes up, it’s a complete failure on the developers’ behalf.

this is a mmorpg not a single player game – ask people or research, its not hard, and a lot more satisfying.

who said this : “I’m hurting myself laughing here, at the people who are saying that it’s hard to find non-revealing armours. Literally, using the argosoft gallery,…”

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

#VagueBooking

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Have you ever played any other game? Nobody gave you promise to spoon feed you every little piece of info you might need, in most games people have to figure stuff out on their own. Developers did just fine (maybe even too much if you ask me), it is YOU who has failed.

Posted by: Lumberjackth.3764

Lumberjackth.3764

Anet has many failures but not doing your homework is your failure.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Haha in many older mmorpgs you had to find stuff on multiple sites.

Posted by: Warobaz.9543

Warobaz.9543

For your own sake never try to play a Souls game…
About GW2, just /wiki through it!

Norn to be Alive [NtbA]

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Haha in many older mmorpgs you had to find stuff on multiple sites.

And in the original computer games, they didn’t give you much information either.

You had to literally type what you wanted your character to do and hope that it was the magic phrase. Not even the manual had the answers.

And the internet didn’t exist.

Having parts of the game only be solved by player trial and error is not a new thing when it comes to computer games.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’m guessing timers?

In the past it didn’t matter as much, but considering Dragon’s Stand is like, completely timer dependent, that is a situation where relying on a third party source is better than the game itself.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

You had to literally type what you wanted your character to do and hope that it was the magic phrase. Not even the manual had the answers.

Haha… you’ve just made me recall King’s Quest… I feel old now.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Troll post, 0/10, try again. Ever wonder why there’s a hardcoded command in the game that will search the gw2wiki for what you append to the command? Next time you log in, try using “/wiki how do i use the wiki”