Cruel RNG precursors in Beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Soo its no secret that the RNG in GW2 is the biggest jerk troll on the internet these days

but I’ve been seeing posts from people who have gotten Precursor drops while playing the beta including one from a friend of mine

im not playing the beta myself but I for one think these people should be allowed to keep their precursor drops when the beta ends

you can even account bound to avoid selling.. I don’t really care nor do I think others will

most of us have never had a precursor drop.. I personally havent and I’ve been playing since Gw2’s first open Beta

some people are getting their first precursor drops ever while playing this beta and the fact that they are going to loose them after the Beta ends is just cruel

so this is my call for Anet to allow people to keep any precursors they get while playing the beta.. even if they are account bound..

I can’t imagine how these people feel right now getting their first ever precursor only to be slapped in the face and have it taken from them when the Beta ends..
that’s just.. Zommoros level cruelty there..

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

the thing, you can have an unlimited amount of free exos to throw into the forge by deleting and remaking Beta character.

With that amount of exos, it’s not surprising you can hear of many people getting pre (not including loot ones)

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

yea I can see it now… full bank of exo GS’s… dump them all in the forge, don’t get a pre, delete toon start again with full bank of exo GS’s… till you get one. mhmm… not exploitable at all… best fix for this is disable looting and forging for beta.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I still don’t get why people use the Mystic Forge with a beta character.
EVeryone with any sort of knowledge of how beta testing works should be fully aware that it is almost 100% certain that the character (and its items) will be removed after the test.

Heck, it even says so on the top of the screen.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

yea I can see it now… full bank of exo GS’s… dump them all in the forge, don’t get a pre, delete toon start again with full bank of exo GS’s… till you get one. mhmm… not exploitable at all… best fix for this is disable looting and forging for beta.

If you do get a pre-cursor you can’t keep it. The Revenant Beta slot is a copy of what was in your bank and wallet, and is separate to the rest of your characters. If you put 15 pre-cursors in your bank on your Revenant, then switched characters to a normal one, there will be no precursors when your character gets to the bank.

So don’t worry – there’s no exploitable issue.

And to the OP – it’s not cruel – the big letters above the screen of all Beta Characters clearly say progress will not be saved – and the words are there all the time.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

If you do get a pre-cursor you can’t keep it. The Revenant Beta slot is a copy of what was in your bank and wallet, and is separate to the rest of your characters. If you put 15 pre-cursors in your bank on your Revenant, then switched characters to a normal one, there will be no precursors when your character gets to the bank.

And to the OP – it’s not cruel – the big letters above the screen of all Beta Characters clearly say progress will not be saved – and the words are there all the time.

I understand this, I was agreeing that it is not a good idea to let people keep them as it is easily exploitable, hence my explanation on how to do it easily.

lordkrall.7241

You are missing the point.

The post you quoted is an answer to the OPs post about making people allowed to keep the Precursors they get, and thus it can easily be exploited in such a way as the poster you quoted stated.

Context is important.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

If precursor drop happen when you testing some skill with trash mob….yeah… cry..

but if it from Mystic Forge….meh…why do you want to use it.

Teratus.2859

I see I was unaware of the unlimited Exos being compatible with the forge

in that case restrict the precursors to random drops only

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

“Got my first precursor!”

aaaaand it’s gone…

lordkrall.7241

I am not sure that is actually possible though. From a system point of view the items are most likely identical.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Teratus.2859

I am not sure that is actually possible though. From a system point of view the items are most likely identical.

I think the Devs can check drop rates from mobs and drop rates from the forge differently..

I can’t say for certain though

lordkrall.7241

Of course they can. But the item itself will still be identical. It will still have lets say id_1234567 no matter where it dropped.

And shutting of the drops from one place for specific characters is most likely more work than it is worth. And something like that can also rather easily end up bugged such as removing the drop rates for “real” characters as well and so on.

Fact remains that it is more or less unheard of, of beta characters keeping the loot and stuff they gain during beta. They are simply a separate entity from the real account (thus why they can’t access your guilds and so on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

How to completely miss that posters point…….

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the Devs can check drop rates from mobs and drop rates from the forge differently..

I can’t say for certain though

They can check drop rates – but that just tells them the probability of any given person getting a precursor from those sources.

What they can’t do is look at a precursor in someone’s inventory and tell where it came from. As someone else said a precursor from the forge is identical to a precursor from an enemy, there is no way to tell them apart, even for the developers.

Even something like requiring a screenshot to prove it wouldn’t help because it’s too easily faked. I’m no expert but I could do it in an hour or so, even faster if I actually had a precursor in my inventory (because then I could make all the parts myself instead of having to find them online).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Ah, good thing that beta characters have copy of account bank.

I was afraid of “if I had items gained from playing Beta, and then removed stacks of earned items through playing the game”…

And right at the faces of those idiots who wen’t on “abusing” the abundance of exotics and their waste of time spending time on forge to get precursors that they cannot save!
That’s the most hilarious thing to hear.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I think you should check what the great Colin Johandsome has already announced:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Test-Weekeend-Questions/first#post5257611

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Wannabe exploiters are literally creating their own punishment. Why fix what isn’t broken?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

lol I’m waiting for some young sap to fully create a legendary using one of the fake pres only to have it disappear and not get the real gifts back.

players getting upset over what they never had in the first place XD. No pre should be kept wheather forged or dropped from a mob while on a beta character. tough luck and lesson learned not to farm on a beta character in future

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It seems the Beta is an imported copy of the real account. You can do whatever you like playing your beta character but, if you log into your non-beta account, nothing has changed.

Beware of potential bugs, though. Echo has a good point that I do not want to test.