Crystal Arbiter Outfit. Why ANET?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

The Crystal Arbiter Outfit has come and gone (again). But it only comes in amn expensive pack of item that I really do not want.

*Crystal Arbiter Glider is bland
*Immortal Weapon Choice not my style and kind of plan for the expense.
*Total Makeover Kit I have a few in storage (Put out soem new hair so I get more of these, not just new similar colors.
*5 Flame Dye Kit. I seem to only get normal dyes in these so I stooped buying them. In fact twice I got 2 of the same low end dyes in one pack. Waste of money.

Other packs sell the costume separately why not this one?
I will not buy that pack.

(edited by Angelica Dream.7103)

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

I agree. I would have bought the outfit in a heartbeat. I don’t want the other stuff, but for some reason they won’t break out the outfit and glider from the pack.

I’ll just hold onto my gems in the mean time.

Posted by: PappaDunc.2675

PappaDunc.2675

Yea, I’m really disappointed with these dye backs. I bought one recently and it gave me two of the same dye… and Zero rare’s; and I had my lucky chance boosted super high (not that it should matter).

Wish I could return it and get my gems back.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Those Dye Kits are almost always a 24% chance for (shadow was much higher) so it’s not all that unlikely to not get one of the special dyes from just two tries.

And Luck doesn’t make a difference.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The reason the Crystal Arbiter pack isn’t available separately is because it was one of the first appearance packs (actually the first, IIRC) and introduced at a time when those types of packs weren’t available separately at all.

Due to player feedback they made future sets available in the form of individual items after releasing a couple more “locked” ones. But to avoid ticking off all the players who sucked it up and purchased them back in the day, they won’t make the first packs available separately, lest they be bombarded by posts and customer service requests saying “I bought it when it was bundled but didn’t really want the bundle, now I feel ripped off!!!”

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Interesting point Electro.
Eventually the look will not be attractive to me anymore and I will not care if/when it is available as a separate skin.

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

The reason the Crystal Arbiter pack isn’t available separately is because it was one of the first appearance packs (actually the first, IIRC) and introduced at a time when those types of packs weren’t available separately at all.

Due to player feedback they made future sets available in the form of individual items after releasing a couple more “locked” ones. But to avoid ticking off all the players who sucked it up and purchased them back in the day, they won’t make the first packs available separately, lest they be bombarded by posts and customer service requests saying “I bought it when it was bundled but didn’t really want the bundle, now I feel ripped off!!!”

Who cares about those people, I see thousands of gems worth of perma finishers up in the tp for 5g a few of which I bought. I never got any refunds or compensation for it.

Posted by: Tweekin.1349

Tweekin.1349

Interesting point Electro.
Eventually the look will not be attractive to me anymore and I will not care if/when it is available as a separate skin.

Heh, like all outfits I own, I got tired of it :P