Crystal arbiter set removed without warning

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lambria.1849

Lambria.1849

The set was removed without warning by a timer. I went to work in the morning and it was on the front page of the store. When I came home the set said ending soon but had no timer on it. I planed on buying a gem card today to grab the set, went to bed at 2 am with the set still on the store and it was gone when I got up. They need to put it back up with a 24 hour timer on it like all other things in the store. Let me give you my money guild wars! Please

Lambria.1849

i have tried to contact them and the first time i got a generic post about how to report bugs, then the second was another generic response telling me to post on the forums about it. great customer support -_-

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It said it was going to be removed soon yesterday.

Lambria.1849

yes i did, but there was no timer on it for an exact. my point is i went to work at 2pm it did not say ending soon, i got home at 11;30pm and it did, i went to bed at 2am and the sale was still happening i woak up at 11am and it was gone. had there been a timer to tell me when it would be gone i would have bought it that second

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Well, I assumed that it would be removed with today’s patch. Which it was.

Lambria.1849

it was removed before the winter patch hit at 1pm my time

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

yes i did, but there was no timer on it for an exact. my point is i went to work at 2pm it did not say ending soon, i got home at 11;30pm and it did, i went to bed at 2am and the sale was still happening i woak up at 11am and it was gone. had there been a timer to tell me when it would be gone i would have bought it that second

Well, In the future if you know it’s going to be gone but you don’t know when it will leave and you want it, go ahead and buy it right then.

Heck, even if it has a timer and you know when it’s going to leave and you want it, what’s the point of waiting? Might as well get it or chance missing out.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Lambria.1849

this is where it gets complicated, i live in a small town and prefer to buy a gem card as it would give exactly 2000 gems to buy it, i wouldn’t have had to spend extra money and end up with extra gems. If i had known i would have picked up a card when i left town, its a 20 min drive. i have a card now…

Just a flesh wound.3589

this is where it gets complicated, i live in a small town and prefer to buy a gem card as it would give exactly 2000 gems to buy it, i wouldn’t have had to spend extra money and end up with extra gems. If i had known i would have picked up a card when i left town, its a 20 min drive. i have a card now…

That outfit was put on the gemstore on Oct 23rd, so you had a few days to swing by store and buy a card if the 20 minute drive and the exact number of gems was the consideration.

ANet may give it to you.

Lambria.1849

just bought the expac 2 weeks ago, im paid every 2 weeks. I had no time unlike others who get to play more then myself

Just a flesh wound.3589

just bought the expac 2 weeks ago, im paid every 2 weeks. I had no time unlike others who get to play more then myself

Well, it was on the gemstore for about 6 weeks. No doubt it will return later. They do bring things back.

ANet may give it to you.

Lambria.1849

Well, it was on the gemstore for about 6 weeks. No doubt it will return later. They do bring things back.

All i would like to see is it return with a 24 hour left timer like it should have had, all other items when removed have that.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

All i would like to see is it return with a 24 hour left timer like it should have had, all other items when removed have that.

That is not true. A very large number of items over the last year do not get a timer and have “ending soon” as the final day reminder. I agree a timer is better, toally support that feedback, but it is not true at all most items have 24 hours written on them when they are being removed. In fact it happens less and less now.

Lambria.1849

That is not true. A very large number of items over the last year do not get a timer and have “ending soon” as the final day reminder. I agree a timer is better, toally support that feedback, but it is not true at all most items have 24 hours written on them when they are being removed. In fact it happens less and less now.

As im sure is obvious but i am newer to this game, all items i personally have seen that were special have had a timer on them when ending. i just found it all rather sudden that it was just featured normally then within 12 ish hours went to ending soon then gone, things in the mmo world are usually given more time then this to give people their best chance at getting it last minute

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

As im sure is obvious but i am newer to this game, all items i personally have seen that were special have had a timer on them when ending. i just found it all rather sudden that it was just featured normally then within 12 ish hours went to ending soon then gone, things in the mmo world are usually given more time then this to give people their best chance at getting it last minute

I agree it is annoying, but it is something I have watched them use a lot recently. I have no idea why sometimes they put a timer and sometimes they don’t, but it def isn’t all items.

WHy they cannot be transparent in the communication of such deadlines is something I will never understand, but I’m afraid it is what it is – it has been fed back so much, it is clear the situation is to remain in place.
Some people have got lucky with Support in the past though and managed to obtain an item suddenly removed, you can re-try that method, otherwise your only hope is if the item will return.

Lambria.1849

I agree it is annoying, but it is something I have watched them use a lot recently. I have no idea why sometimes they put a timer and sometimes they don’t, but it def isn’t all items.

WHy they cannot be transparent in the communication of such deadlines is something I will never understand, but I’m afraid it is what it is – it has been fed back so much, it is clear the situation is to remain in place.
Some people have got lucky with Support in the past though and managed to obtain an item suddenly removed, you can re-try that method, otherwise your only hope is if the item will return.

i have tried contacting them but i just get generic responses, first about bug reports then about making a forum post. i will try to contact again, thank you for your input!

Just a flesh wound.3589

i have tried contacting them but i just get generic responses, first about bug reports then about making a forum post. i will try to contact again, thank you for your input!

Truthfully I don’t see much point in contacting support about this. You’re not talking to devs. You’re talking to people ANet hired who have the computer knowledge to fix bugs and the problems that they have been given the tools for. They don’t make policy and they can’t change the rules that ANet has given them. So, if something is not in the gem store they can’t sell it to you and they are not the people who make rules about timers. At best you’ll be told to make a forum post about it so that the people who do make the rules can read your suggestion.

ANet may give it to you.

Lambria.1849

i want to thank Randulf.7614 for your help, with your information i was able to contact them and get the set! =)

Just a flesh wound.3589

i want to thank Randulf.7614 for your help, with your information i was able to contact them and get the set! =)

Really? That’s great.

I never would have thought it. Congrats

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As a new person, be aware that the Gem Store offerings usually change every Tuesday, and are not associated with patch releases (they have their own releases…usually at 9AM Pacific time).

Good luck.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They need consistency in these type things. If there was always a set timer, like say a 3-day warning, for all items set to leave, there’d be a lot less surprises.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Odd that they removed it. I assumed the sale on it would end, making it 2850-3850 gems or whatever it was before the fake sale scam reduced it. So it was only ever offered at it’s on sale price and removed. XD

You’re going to need another gem card for when the silly bundle returns in XX months.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.