Culling on steroids now

Culling on steroids now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

What is up with the super culling now. Most of the time the enemy is invisible except for just a name-tag. PLEASE, remove culling.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

PvE? PvP? WvW? All?

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

PvE? PvP? WvW? All?

At this time in the new LS area, haven’t been anywhere else yet. Doing the “Queen Jennah’s Jubilee” achievements, sorry I didn’t make that clear as I don’t even think of the other areas.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Please ANET fix this ridiculous culling in the new pavillion area. I’m sorry but I can’t do the Pavilion events until this culling is fixed, in order to see the enemy I am forced to turn enemy name-tags on and then all I see are names with no bodies so I continually die not seeing the enemy.

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Ahhh you have a high end pc there , so im not losing my mind afterall lol

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Hit F11. Change your culling settings.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Hit F11. Change your culling settings.

No such animal in PvE.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

I am having the same problem in the Jubilee on a decent machine. Almost every enemy is invisible in this zone, even after just sitting still to hopefully let the game load some textures.

Not sure if it is related, but I’m also not seeing all the red circles. I find myself getting nuked down fairly quickly when there is no indication that I’m near enemies or that they are attacks/red circles near me.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I think it’s a problem with the area.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

I think it’s a problem with the area.

I been doing my dailies and world bosses and can see that it’s NOT just in the Pavilion fights but also in the open world, the loot chests are invisible as well as nearby friendlies(found this out when I walked over dead people). Culling is 10X worse than it used to be.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

All of this. The culling has always been silly but now it’s Monty Python absurd and it’s not even helping the performance. Also what happened to particles being toned down so I can actually see what’s going on during fights? That check box doesn’t help AT ALL.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I’m having a horrible time with this.

I have a decent machine and never had an issue playing the game even when around some 50 people, the fps was always super fine. But now the culling just made everything around my invisible; particle effects, enemy particle effects, players, enemies, my own attacks, everything.

I’m just in the middle of a fight and get killed constantly without even knowing what’kittenting me.

Also, that thing about being in an area of effect circle and the red circle not showing up; I have the same problem – took me a while to realize why I was getting constant damage without anything actually attacking me.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

I have been playing MMos for 15 years, and the one thing they all have in common is you can see what you are attacking, what you are attacking it with, and what is attacking you. Hey, I guess guild wars 2 is unique afterall!

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

This is getting ridiculous in pve cant see any players before I’m right on top of them.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Same here i thought it was just lag because im in Australia glad to see it’s not just me, i have no idea what Anet are doing but in all my years i’ve never had issues i have in GW2 in any other mmo..

Also when i pan my camera around now the game pretty much freezes for a few secs

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Yes please; if nothing else put in some placeholder npcs and a check box for PvE culling.

Also, what’s with the spell effects lasting way longer than their timers on a screen? In heavy events you’ll often see spell effects still firing off way after a mob has been downed.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hold down ctrl.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

The invisible enemy particles thing is totally unacceptable. How am I expected to avoid damage I can’t even see coming?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

You don’t get it? Huh? Do you not see the enemy tags but NO ENEMY? The enemies are INVISIBLE. If it wasn’t for the tags you would see NOTHING.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Is there some trick to get the pictures to shop up larger? Right now they have the size of a stamp.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

anet are working on it, There’s just too many people in one place :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I really wish ANet would just remove it, but of course, some people’s PC/laptops would probably die a horrible and painful death.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Is there some trick to get the pictures to shop up larger? Right now they have the size of a stamp.

It’s 8X10 on my screen, but, I’m sure you can enlarge it on your end using something as simple as “Paint” or “Paint Shop Pro”.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Roleplaying is horrible atm…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Culling on steroids now

Hickeroar.9734

/e stares in frustration at the nametag hanging in midair. “If only I could tell if you were a male or a female, I would know how I might proceed with flirtation.”

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

/e stares in frustration at the nametag hanging in midair. “If only I could tell if you were a male or a female, I would know how I might proceed with flirtation.”

If they could even see your emotes.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Culling on steroids now

Hickeroar.9734

O_O.

Really? That’s kinda…horrible.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I can’t see some red rings anymore!!! =X

This means death!!!

Sorry for my english.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Yeah, this has gotten pretty miserable.

Any chance you can undo this change until you find a way to make it work right?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

You don’t get it? Huh? Do you not see the enemy tags but NO ENEMY? The enemies are INVISIBLE. If it wasn’t for the tags you would see NOTHING.

Maybe I cant read your sarcasm since it is too thick for me, but I was being sarcastic when I made that post….

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

O_O.

Really? That’s kinda…horrible.

Yup. Culling will remove people from even being shown to you. And if you cannot see someone, you cannot receive their emotes. Standing 10 feet away from someone can cause them to vanish right now.

Culling on steroids now

Delryn.7235

It’s very underwhelming of an experience to have to fight against invisible enemies along side invisible allies – not to mention the implications this has on actual survivability and game play alone.

But having people and enemies be invisible also really ruins the immersion aspect a game needs to have to really hook people in. Running along side floating names while fighting red floating names really doesn’t play well, doesn’t feel good.

This makes the entire gameplay experience extremely shallow.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

It says: “Cull the Destroyers.” So that’s what it’s doing.

Culling on steroids now

Delryn.7235

On that note, this’ll affect new players more than anyone else.

Imagine how disappointed with the game you’d be if you decided to try it out, not knowing much about it, walk into the game and see a barren wasteland.

Then you see a group event pop up, you run to it only to be greeted by a barrage of floating green and red names, with nothing else happening. Then seconds later you’re dead without knowing why.
There is no way you’d think very highly of a game if that’s what it presented to you.

I have a friend who I managed to convince to start playing GW2 with me. He’s gonna be starting this week, and now I feel extremely nervous and worried that I’ll have to come up with a bunch of explanations and excuses for this so he won’t be underwhelmed by the game.

I’m honestly tempted to just tell him to start the game in a week or two (because hopefully this culling issue will be fixed by then).

First impressions matter.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It has something to do with this;

Improved Effects Culling
- In the open world, dungeons, PvP, and WvW, the new effects-culling system will slowly start reducing the detail of each effect in order to increase combat visibility when many effect types are overlapping.

It seems that instead of limiting the effects as stated, it’s limiting the character and npc models.

It even tried to fry my GPU last night. FPS dropped to 1-12 then crashed everything and sent my computer to reboot. Even after toning down the settings, FPS is around 12-15 and I can barely see my character move, instead all he’s doing is hopping forward.

I closed GW2 then load up Neverwinter, then Tera, then RIFT — all other games runs smoothly.

If my computer crashed, I can just imagine how bad it is for the low end computers.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

I have had to switch to AOE because I see no mob in the event most the time. Although this morning I saw at least the Champion. still very few players and mobs are showing up. Makes it had to know when your group has moved on.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

The game culls my own skills, i mean cull the enemy.. not mine -_-

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Thank you ANET for the fix to this issue.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

the centaur boss is wiping zergs because no one can see the red circles lol

Oceanic [LOD]

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I cant ress players if i cant see them.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

I cant ress players if i cant see them.

Dante, is the Super Culling still an issue? I thought it got fixed in the patch before last, haven’t been back since I finished the achievements there.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Please ANET fix this ridiculous culling in the new pavillion area. I’m sorry but I can’t do the Pavilion events until this culling is fixed, in order to see the enemy I am forced to turn enemy name-tags on and then all I see are names with no bodies so I continually die not seeing the enemy.

I think it’s also related to your own systems capabilities.I barely have any culling at all there…none to be exact.

Also,posting your ingame video settings might help…instead of screaming culling culling.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

I think it’s also related to your own systems capabilities.I barely have any culling at all there…none to be exact.

Also,posting your ingame video settings might help…instead of screaming culling culling.

My quad-core 32Gb ram SLI system is just fine running triple digit FPS in every other game I play with all GPU settings on highest with zero noticeable lag even with browser open and 8+ tabs open and torrents running along with Core Temp and other assorted apps running on my other monitor, but, in GW2 I get double digit FPS and single digit FPS at World Bosses(between 3 and 8) with all GPU settings at their lowest. It is most definitely not on my end, sorry.

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Culling on steroids now

Caedmon.6798

My quad-core 32Gb ram SLI system is just fine running triple digit FPS in every other game I play with all GPU settings on highest with zero noticeable lag even with browser open and 8+ tabs open and torrents running along with Core Temp and other assorted apps running on my other monitor, but, in GW2 I get double digit FPS and single digit FPS at World Bosses(between 3 and 8) with all GPU settings at their lowest. It is most definitely not on my end, sorry.

Im just saying..if you make a post like that you start with system specs,it’s simple.Also its well known the gw2 client runs pretty bad even on high end systems,but tbh i really do not encounter the culling you are describing here and def not getting as low fps as you are describing here.Also,getting between 3 and 8 fps is a clear sign something Is wrong on your end,with such system specs you should be getting much better fps all around.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Im just saying..if you make a post like that you start with system specs,it’s simple.Also its well known the gw2 client runs pretty bad even on high end systems,but tbh i really do not encounter the culling you are describing here and def not getting as low fps as you are describing here.Also,getting between 3 and 8 fps is a clear sign something Is wrong on your end,with such system specs you should be getting much better fps all around.

Then why is this the ONLY GAME that runs like it does and I’m not alone in this as many of the other replies indicate. Are you for real or just trolling?

Culling on steroids now

Caedmon.6798

Eh..what ? You dip into single digit fps numbers with a “high end” system,that should not be happening.I never dip lower then 20, game fully maxed out.I was making a serious reply…but since im now “trolling”…egh,goodluck.

Culling on steroids now

Im Mudbone.1437

Eh..what ? You dip into single digit fps numbers with a “high end” system,that should not be happening.I never dip lower then 20, game fully maxed out.I was making a serious reply…but since im now “trolling”…egh,goodluck.

I asked not said you were, big difference, but, I digress.

Culling on steroids now

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

this culling on steroids is almost as bad as ARod….almost.