Cultural Armor

Cultural Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I have a question for the “masses” about Cultural Armor.

Personally, I see them as vanity items that are used to re-skin your “real” armor. My reasoning boils down to the fact that for the money one would spend on T3 armor, one would think the stats would be better, a la Exotic. Right now, I can buy exotic armor for a (relative) pittance that far outclass the T3 cultural, which is prohibitively expensive for a lot of people. I had always thought it was supposed to be “better” than normal armor.

My question is this: How many of you actually buy the T3 armor and do you think it would be more “marketable” if T3 were exotic with decent stats rather than looks only?

Just curious, because I do have a couple sets of different tiers, but I don’t think I have actually used any of them for my “real” armor.

Level 80 Elementalist

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

The whole reasoning behind it being not max is to get you to buy gems for transmute crystals :^)

Cultural Armor

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

The whole reasoning behind it being not max is to get you to buy gems for transmute crystals :^)

Exactly

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

They are 100% designed as skins. Disregard the stats on them, they mean nothing.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve always considered them something to work towards as a cosmetic item. Some of them look quite nice.

Cultural Armor

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

The game is supposed to be geared around collecting cosmetic items. Don’t be fooled by the minor gear treadmill they introduced, this is still a cosmetic reward game.

I personally bought single pieces of the different cultural armor. The last FULL set of cultural armor I wore was tier 1 human (and that was my first character). If I ever get flush with extra gold, I will buy the rest of the cultural armor ONLY for the achievement. Not interested in the looks of most of them.

Wisdom through suffering.

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

They really should be skin items instead of armour in their own right. However that wouldn’t sell transmutation crystals. =/

Cultural Armor

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I mixed some t1 and t2 cultural armor for my female norn necro, other than that I wasn’t impressed by any of the cultural skins.

Cultural Armor

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I was looking through possibly armor to be used for my charr warrior as legging. No dungeon armor, or standard exotic armor made me feel happy. I eventually decided to buy T3 simly because of the skin. I already had a transmute lvl 80 so I did it. Although I am now very happy with how my charr looks, it is kind of a rip off. 25g+transmute = gg. The scary part will be ascended armor and the need to reskin.

banished from time and space

Cultural Armor

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Yep cultural armor is purely for the skin. Any time I’ve bought it it’s promptly been transmuted onto my desired stats.

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

You’re buying it for the skin not the stats .T3 is pretty much the look at me im rich armor of GW2

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

Exactly

Attachments:

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Cultural Armor

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

This is a good example of skins being done right. Expensive pretties for anyone who wants them :v

I ? Karkas.